Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
Thread started 07 Sep 2006 (Thursday) 10:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Night shots of an AE86/Trueno/Hackiroku/Corol​laGTS/Whatever it's called

picturecrazy
soft-hearted weenie-boy
8,565 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 07, 2006 10:27 |  #1

My car is going to be a 'featured ride' on a small old-school (15+yrs old) Toyota community website so they asked me to do a photoshoot of my car. Being a wedding photographer, I was unsure of doing a car shoot and had no ideas how to process it.

In the end, I decided to go with NO post process whatsoever... these are the shots STRAIGHT out of the camera (except resizing for POTN rules). C&C is great before I submit them to the website. BTW, I was going for the darkish-shadowy look.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

In the below shot I think I might clone out the buildings on the right and tree leaves coming out of the hood... but other than that, I don't think I'll do anything else. opinions?

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

BTW... excuse the typo in the title.. it's supposed to be 'hachiroku' i think

-Lloyd
The BOUDOIR - Edmonton Intimate Boudoir Photography (external link)
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Studio Family Baby Child Maternity Wedding Photographers (external link)
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Headshot Photographers (external link)
Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link) |Instagram (external link) | Gear

sponsored links
PeaPicker
in the twilight zone
1,590 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Sep 07, 2006 12:56 |  #2

I really like #1 best.
Maybe without lights on and white license plate holders.
Nice work. :)

Jon / 40D / Pics (external link)

<AkulA>
Goldmember
2,038 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 07, 2006 13:11 |  #3

Is that natural lighting on the 2nd one? Looks great!

-Brandon-

Gear - Gallery (external link)

picturecrazy
THREAD ­ STARTER
soft-hearted weenie-boy
8,565 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 07, 2006 14:02 as a reply to  @ <AkulA>'s post |  #4

The sky in both shots are completely natural. You can see the same gradient in the sky between the two. In the second pic, I was just trying to use it to look like the car was glowing or something. But the car is not naturally lit. I had 4 slaves with sunset gels to light up the car. (It looked too cold in white light) Otherwise, it would just be a sillhouette. There just wasn't enough light.

Use white license plate holders? huh? Or did you mean remove the license plate mounting tabs? Yeah, maybe I should have. I suppose that can be cloned out.

-Lloyd
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Studio Family Baby Child Maternity Wedding Photographers (external link)
Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link) |Instagram (external link) | Gear

asylumxl
Goldmember
2,306 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Sep 07, 2006 14:09 |  #5

nice car and nice pics - you do know you can edit the title by going to edit > advanced?

I M A G E I N A T I O N
..........WEBSITE (external link)
Pixel peeping is like count the sides of a circle, pointless.

picturecrazy
THREAD ­ STARTER
soft-hearted weenie-boy
8,565 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 07, 2006 14:11 as a reply to  @ asylumxl's post |  #6

asylumxl wrote:
nice car and nice pics - you do know you can edit the title by going to edit > advanced?

thanks!

I tried it and it changes the post title but not the thread title. :(

-Lloyd

PeaPicker
in the twilight zone
1,590 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Sep 07, 2006 15:53 |  #7

Yeah, clone out the plastic license plate things.
I was just trying to find something wrong. :)
Nice work.

Jon / 40D / Pics (external link)

arjay702
436 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Sep 07, 2006 21:19 |  #8

dude your car is sick!!! silver top? man... i want one so bad. nut just because of the cartoon but ive been into drifiting for a while i just never got to getting a FR car. man if you know where i can get one cheap and in the chicago area... LET ME KNOW ^__^

“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.”
Dr. Seuss
If anyone is looking for someone to give away free gear, look no further :)

_andrew
727 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Sep 07, 2006 21:38 |  #9

Well since you have image editing ok - this is what I did quickly through so Photoshop.

I think it improves the picture tons, its just a bit too dark in the one you posted so I adjusted the curves and this is what i came up with...hope you dont mind (if you do i can take it down immediately)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

*EDIT - changed a few more things that annoyed me, mainly the lights to the right of the car*

Canon EOS-1D MkI | Canon EOS 350D | Canon 200mm f/2.8L | Tokina 12 - 24mm f/4 AT-X DX Pro | Sigma 24 - 70 f/2.8 EX MACRO |
Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Kenko 1.4x TC PRO 300 DG | Canon 580EX | Manfrotto 055PROB | Manfrotto 322RC2 | Sekonic L-308S Flashmate
Norita 66 w/ Noritar 80mm f/2 :D

arjay702
436 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Sep 07, 2006 21:45 |  #10

i tihnk it looks better. imho

“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.”
Dr. Seuss
If anyone is looking for someone to give away free gear, look no further :)

_andrew
727 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Sep 07, 2006 21:56 |  #11

*pic changed*

Canon EOS-1D MkI | Canon EOS 350D | Canon 200mm f/2.8L | Tokina 12 - 24mm f/4 AT-X DX Pro | Sigma 24 - 70 f/2.8 EX MACRO |
Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Kenko 1.4x TC PRO 300 DG | Canon 580EX | Manfrotto 055PROB | Manfrotto 322RC2 | Sekonic L-308S Flashmate

picturecrazy
THREAD ­ STARTER
soft-hearted weenie-boy
8,565 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 07, 2006 22:11 as a reply to  @ _andrew's post |  #12

thanks andrew. editing is cool.
You can certainly see the car better in your mod. The lights you removed definitely help.
The contrast between the lit and shadowed areas are a bit too high imo. I was going for the dark, mysterious kind of look... kind of like the car is hiding, but I guess it doesn't float everyone's boat. But I do agree that maybe bringing the car out just a LITTLE more might help.
thanks!!

-Lloyd

picturecrazy
THREAD ­ STARTER
soft-hearted weenie-boy
8,565 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 07, 2006 22:13 as a reply to  @ arjay702's post |  #13

arjay702 wrote:
dude your car is sick!!! silver top? man... i want one so bad. nut just because of the cartoon but ive been into drifiting for a while i just never got to getting a FR car. man if you know where i can get one cheap and in the chicago area... LET ME KNOW ^__^

Sorry, I have no idea where you can get one in Chicago... I live in Canada!

But thanks for the props! It is running on a totally rebuilt redtop hi-comp with upgraded cams. JDM silver/blacktops don't appeal to me as it takes forever to order a broken part from japan!

-Lloyd

<AkulA>
Goldmember
2,038 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 07, 2006 22:13 |  #14

Yea, I like the retouch as well - if it was my pic, the only thing I'd change is that I would clone out the reflection of the antenna on the hood... just my opinion tho... car is a beaut!

-Brandon-

Gear - Gallery (external link)

_andrew
727 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Sep 07, 2006 22:29 |  #15

You mean like this?

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

sponsored links

5,257 views & 0 likes for this thread
Night shots of an AE86/Trueno/Hackiroku/Corol​laGTS/Whatever it's called
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.