Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 19 Sep 2006 (Tuesday) 23:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Few Soccer Pics From Tonight

DaDeuce
72 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 19, 2006 23:42 |  #1

Here's a few pics I took tonight:

IMAGE: http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1918/woahheadermj3.jpg

IMAGE: http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1382/groupshotqx4.jpg

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

How do they look? Soccer is definitly easier to shoot lighting wise than volleyball. Any suggestions or tips? I'd love for the pics to be a bit brighter or have a better eye pop, but I have yet to get a daytime game with perfect sun. Any tips to help this out, or are these good/great for the conditions?

I've got some more, but I'm too tired to edit them tonight, I'll post them tomorrow.

- Deuce

Gripped Canon 7D with a 70-200mm f/2.8, nifty fifty & a 18-55mm IS, what should I buy next?
My Smugmug (external link)

johnstoy
Cream of the Crop
6,645 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 20, 2006 00:15 |  #2

Good coverage DaDuce,

# 3 is my fav of the three... Since soccer is a game of ball control, loose balls that are up in the air look sloppy and too many pictures of air balls reflect poorly on the game...

However I find Pic two as pretty good and pic no. three as the best...

It's how you want to remember the game, in control with good form and most of all the ball on the ground as much as possibe...

Keep posting the game shots...we are all eager eyes from this end, awaiting for more postings...

Regarding lighting...Saturday daytime games will be best while afternoon weekday games will only get darker as the playoffs near.

John Stoy

www.poconophotos.com (external link)
My Gear List
"Are you only Looking or actually Seeing", from Microbiology 101.

holland_patrick
810 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Sep 20, 2006 13:16 |  #3

What lens did you use???I think they could be sharper.. do you have the exif data?

Rebel XT,1D Mark IIN
Canon 100-400L, 17-40 4.0L, 50 1.8,200 2.8L
70-200 2.8 IS L
Simga 30 1.4, SIGMA 50 1.4
http://www.photocastne​twork.com/ (external link)

DaDeuce
THREAD ­ STARTER
72 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 20, 2006 14:22 |  #4

holland_patrick wrote in post #2012863 (external link)
What lens did you use???I think they could be sharper.. do you have the exif data?

Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 was the lens. I don't have the exif data here at work, but I was shooting in AV with f/2.8, ISO set to 800, and this was causing me to get a shutter speed anywhere from 1/1000- 1/4000

Also I always have problems with catching the right thing in focus from a distance. Is there any help for that? I think I remember reading about a way to make the camera auto refocus every second or so, so one wouldn't have to halfway press the button and then shoot. One could just shoot away while the camera is always refocusing. I got a couple of frames that were filled with great action, but they ended up being blurred because I had swung the camera and not allowed it torefocuse before taking the picture (because I didn't have time).

Gripped Canon 7D with a 70-200mm f/2.8, nifty fifty & a 18-55mm IS, what should I buy next?
My Smugmug (external link)

holland_patrick
810 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Sep 20, 2006 14:52 |  #5

I think your working with a sallow DOF which could be causing your problem.. but i'm not sure..

Here is one of mine from this weekend..
(i had great lighing)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i4.photobucket.​com …trick/soccer/IM​G_8448.jpg (external link)

Camera make: Canon
Camera model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
Date/Time: 2006:09:17 15:00:52
Resolution: 800 x 533
Flash used: No
Focal length: 120.0mm (35mm equivalent: 195mm)
CCD width: 22.20mm
Exposure time: 0.0005 s (1/2000)
Aperture: f/7.1
ISO equiv.: 800
Whitebalance: Auto
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

Rebel XT,1D Mark IIN
Canon 100-400L, 17-40 4.0L, 50 1.8,200 2.8L
70-200 2.8 IS L
Simga 30 1.4, SIGMA 50 1.4
http://www.photocastne​twork.com/ (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

794 views & 0 likes for this thread
Few Soccer Pics From Tonight
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.