Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 21 Sep 2006 (Thursday) 00:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Some Volleyball Pics

DaDeuce
72 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 21, 2006 00:18 |  #1

Here are a few from the other night:

IMAGE: http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4040/sarahsetpopzl6.jpg

IMAGE: http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3203/lauraaubreydignj6.jpg

IMAGE: http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8915/kellyservepopwp7.jpg

IMAGE: http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8498/aubreylauraserve2gq7.jpg

Comments? Critiques?

Gripped Canon 7D with a 70-200mm f/2.8, nifty fifty & a 18-55mm IS, what should I buy next?
My Smugmug (external link)

sponsored links
symes
Goldmember
3,372 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Sep 21, 2006 01:02 |  #2

most of these are out of focus and your backgrounds are all crooked which make it very distracting...you're where the action is you just aren't nailing the focus...

Cheers,

Symes
Symplicity Photography (external link) Symplicity Glamour (external link)
5D Mark II; 1D Mark II; 17-40L; 24-70 2.8L; 70-200 IS 2.8L

disneydork06
Cream of the Crop
7,312 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 21, 2006 03:41 |  #3

nice job. the setter seems to have good form. any of the girls hitting?

Ryan
~AZ POTN Planned Activities (external link)
let me know how I can improve, cause we all know I need it :): Flickr (external link)
myspace (external link) facebook (external link) The Greatest online forum known on Earthtwitter (external link)[URL="http://www.500px​.com/RDimal"]500xp follow me! in something^ you know you want to

DaDeuce
THREAD ­ STARTER
72 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 21, 2006 06:46 |  #4

symes wrote in post #2015842 (external link)
most of these are out of focus and your backgrounds are all crooked which make it very distracting...you're where the action is you just aren't nailing the focus...

Cheers,

Is there a way to make the camera focus ONLY on the center point? I notice when I take my pictures that often the AF will hit something that I don't want to photograph, thus bluring my picture or focusing on the wrong thing.

Gripped Canon 7D with a 70-200mm f/2.8, nifty fifty & a 18-55mm IS, what should I buy next?

FreezeFramePhto
Goldmember
1,130 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 21, 2006 08:20 |  #5

Sure, use the AF points button, and it will bring up a field selection use your arrow keys to tell it which to use, and "set" it.

www.freezeframe.photo

DaDeuce
THREAD ­ STARTER
72 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 21, 2006 08:52 |  #6

CLIFFORDPHOTOGRAPHY wrote in post #2016785 (external link)
Sure, use the AF points button, and it will bring up a field selection use your arrow keys to tell it which to use, and "set" it.

I believe I tried this and it didn't work, I'll try it again tonight.

Thanks for the comments guys!!!

sponsored links

1,903 views & 0 likes for this thread
Some Volleyball Pics
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.