Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 21 Nov 2006 (Tuesday) 01:52
Search threadPrev/next

Jason Cole - You asked for it ...

Jason ­ Cole
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,902 posts
Joined May 2006

Dec 25, 2006 19:30 |  #31

I thought about doing a DVD or a book. If i did would many people be interetsed in it and how big would my target market be? I have been thinking about it for a while though. I might get around to it soon and see how it goes. Maybe sell it off my site then approach a publisher. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? if so can you give me some examples :-)

Cheers, Jason Cole
nfo@colestudios.com.au (external link)
Canon EOS 1DS MK III, L Series lenses, Broncolour Studio

weka2000
Is that a 300mm in your pocket?
20,930 posts
Gallery: 72 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005

Dec 25, 2006 22:21 as a reply to  @ Jason Cole's post |  #32

Illistrate with setups and results. We always see the results we want to know how it was done :)

https://500px.com/tony​searle/galleries (external link)

dpastern
Cream of the Crop
13,765 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Dec 25, 2006 23:10 |  #33
bannedPermanent ban

Thanks for posting this Jason, good onya!

Dave

http://www.macro-images.com/ (external link)

Yellow_Fuzzy
92 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Dec 26, 2006 02:44 |  #34

Jason Cole wrote in post #2444802 (external link)
I thought about doing a DVD or a book. If i did would many people be interetsed in it and how big would my target market be? I have been thinking about it for a while though. I might get around to it soon and see how it goes. Maybe sell it off my site then approach a publisher. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? if so can you give me some examples :-)

Hi Jason,

If you do a search on Amazon.com you will find there are quite a few photographers that have produced books or Dvds. Currently the only one of thoes books I own is Garage Glamour by Rolando Gomez(http://www.rolandogome​z.com (external link)) and is quite an interesting book, if you want you can borrow it next time we meet up.

As far as I know there arent any australian photographers that are producing books on your type of photography and going into even the bigger bookshops in Sydney it is difficult to find books on Glamour photography, so there may be some room in the Australian market if you can find a publisher willing to take the risk.

Regards,
Zac

Located in Sydney, Australia

Equipment

Camera:
Canon EOS 350D
Canon BG-E3 Battery Grip
Lenses:
Canon 50mm f1.8 Lens
Canon 18-55mm Kit Lens
Canon 55-200mm f4.5-5.6 II USM Lens
Canon 70-200mm f4.0 L Lens
Lighting:
Canon 430EX Speedlight
Jinbei RL-330(500Ws) Strobe + Battery Pack with 80x60cm Softbox
Accesories:
1x Sandisk 2GB Ultra II Compact Flash
2x Sandisk 1GB Ultra II Compact Flash
Lowepro Mini Trekker 200 Bag
Manfrotto 718B Tripod

fergalsharky
142 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Dec 26, 2006 07:23 |  #35

just like to say well done jason and great story

350d,tripod,macro lens ,sigma 70-300 dg macro

DwightMcCann
so, what are we talking about?
21,399 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Dec 26, 2006 11:50 |  #36

Our own Frank Doorhof has done several books and a DVD (I know, I have them) as well as posting "behind the scenes" videos of some of his shoots on his website. I don't know how successful he has been at it but he is my primary, number one, glamor photographer mentor and I haven't even started shooting yet! :-) I think if you did a DVD showing how you went about setting up a dozen of the images in your series it might sell well but I am really not knowledgeable.

Dwight McCann
Website (external link) - Facebook (external link)
Gear List - Concert FAQ - My Small Studio

sissi
764 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Dec 26, 2006 14:22 |  #37

thank You for effort writing this, i thing everybody should do that since it is so nice to read it and know You better. I found it personaly very inspiring and prove that real artists are not growing on tree, You must be born like that.
I hope Your life is very satisfactionary for You too.

(Canon 50e:p, ND300:oops:, 50/1.4, Tokina MF 80-200/2.8 Gallery is private now.http://steinerart.net/ (external link)

Airedale1
Cream of the Crop
6,013 posts
Gallery: 80 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2005

Dec 26, 2006 14:42 |  #38

Great story Jason, very inspirational, Thank you for taking the time to share it and your expertise with us. You do great work.

Sony RX10 M4
Canon S90

339 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 26, 2006 14:50 |  #39

Thanks for the story Jason. It's always nice to read someone elses success story in a non-patronising way. As you say, personality and a happy customer go a long way when it comes to marketting.

Someone asked about rates etc... here in the UK there is a website from the NUJ (National Union of Journalists) and from here you can get an idea of rates that you would charge dependant on for whom.

http://media.gn.apc.or​g/feesguide/photo.html (external link)

Hope that is of use, I'm sure there must be similar websites for other countries.

Canon EOS 1D MkIII, EOS 1D MkII N, EOS 30D
A bunch of Canon Lenses & Accessories
Fully equipped commercial studio
http://www.rodwhitepho​tography.co.uk (external link)

freddycr
Cream of the Crop
6,190 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Dec 26, 2006 15:05 |  #40

Jason, thanks for your story, it really inspired me and motivated me to keep trying.
Regards

More on my webpage (external link)

song4themoon
Goldmember
3,039 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Dec 26, 2006 17:19 |  #41

All I want to say is CONGRATS ON MAKING IT THAT FAR AND BEING DETERMINED TO NOT GIVE UP!

www.forever-yesterday.com (external link)

Gear: 2 Canon 1Ds Mark II, 2 Canon EOS 20D , 580EX flash, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS USM, Canon 17-55 2.8 IS, Canon 24-70L 2.8, CanonEF 100mm 2.8 USM, Canon EF 85mm 1.8, Canon EF 50mm 1.8, Sigma 20mm f1.8, Peleng Fisheye, 3 AB 800 w/ Pocket Wizzards

catsith
Mighty Award Winner
6,265 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Dec 27, 2006 04:38 |  #42

i came across one of you posts a few months ago, and went wow! Your name stuck, and it is very interesting to hear your background. Thanks for sharing.

Tina

www.tinadial.smugmug.c​om (external link)

michael_
Goldmember
3,450 posts
Joined May 2006

Dec 28, 2006 18:38 |  #43

very inspiring piece of writing Jason, i think i will need to give you a call sometime when i feel more confident in my shooting and see if you need an intern :)

ichael ... (external link)
vettas media (external link) (me) | myGear (all my equipment) | sportshooter (external link) (my sportsshooter member page)

Jason ­ Cole
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,902 posts
Joined May 2006

Dec 28, 2006 18:44 |  #44

Thanks guys :-)

I hope my story helps everyone achieve their own goals. The only thing REALLY standing in your way to achieve your dreams is YOU. If you get over that hurdle then anything is possible.

Cheers, Jason Cole
nfo@colestudios.com.au (external link)
Canon EOS 1DS MK III, L Series lenses, Broncolour Studio

sissi
764 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Dec 29, 2006 03:40 |  #45

Jason Cole wrote in post #2456757 (external link)
The only thing REALLY standing in your way to achieve your dreams is YOU.

and parents and almost everybody i know :confused:

(Canon 50e:p, ND300:oops:, 50/1.4, Tokina MF 80-200/2.8 Gallery is private now.http://steinerart.net/ (external link)

36,048 views & 0 likes for this thread
Jason Cole - You asked for it ...
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.