Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 21 Nov 2006 (Tuesday) 02:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Allison and the Wandering Eyes

MJ23FE
495 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Nov 21, 2006 02:16 |  #1

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://img.photobucket​.com …velscontrastcol​orsres.jpg (external link)

Once again, a random shot where i wasn't thinking of background, etc.

C&C welcomed.

-Jalal

JZP
5DIII | BG-E11 | 16-35L IS | 24-105L | Σ50A | 135L | 28 1.8 | 50 1.8 | 85 1.8
30D | BG-E2 | 60 Macro | 10-22 | Tamron 17-50 2.8
Kenko Pro 1.4x TC | Lee | Singh-Ray | B+W

goatee
"nice but dim"
5,239 posts
Joined May 2005

Nov 21, 2006 07:07 |  #2

I'm surprised you've had no other comments. For me, the processing is a little too much - Alison's colouring just looks too strong. Also, I'd have taken the shot so that her eyes are on the left side, so that there's plenty of space for her to look into. But, I think the shot works pretty well - it looks like the focus is slightly out - the upholstery of the couch seems to be in better focus than her face, but I'd just blur it as her eyes are still reasonably sharp.

D7100, 50mm f/1.8, 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6, 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VR, SB800
https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=552906flickr (external link)

MJ23FE
THREAD ­ STARTER
495 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Nov 21, 2006 12:00 |  #3

goatee wrote in post #2293506 (external link)
I'm surprised you've had no other comments. For me, the processing is a little too much - Alison's colouring just looks too strong. Also, I'd have taken the shot so that her eyes are on the left side, so that there's plenty of space for her to look into. But, I think the shot works pretty well - it looks like the focus is slightly out - the upholstery of the couch seems to be in better focus than her face, but I'd just blur it as her eyes are still reasonably sharp.

The only post processing done to this picture was Auto Levels, Auto Colors and Auto Contrast. Other than that, i did nothing to alter the picture.

-Jalal

JZP
5DIII | BG-E11 | 16-35L IS | 24-105L | Σ50A | 135L | 28 1.8 | 50 1.8 | 85 1.8
30D | BG-E2 | 60 Macro | 10-22 | Tamron 17-50 2.8
Kenko Pro 1.4x TC | Lee | Singh-Ray | B+W

BillsBayou
In trouble with my wife
5,022 posts
Joined Mar 2006
Location: New Orleans, La. USA! Favorite Cheese: Caciocavallo Invention: Incendiary Spit-Bomb Wait. What?

Nov 21, 2006 13:39 |  #4

MJ23FE wrote in post #2294579 (external link)
The only post processing done to this picture was Auto Levels, Auto Colors and Auto Contrast. Other than that, i did nothing to alter the picture.

-Jalal

That's what did it. I wouldn't Auto anything unless it gets me to where I'm going next.

I have to say, however, the composition is funny. I like it.

Take only pictures, leave only footprints...
"Cameras don't shoot people. Photographers shoot people." - Me
I must not break rule GN.4, Please help me un-see that photo, I must not break rule GN.4...
Gear List

Citizen_Insane
453 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 21, 2006 14:12 |  #5

Well, I like the PP and the photo, so good job :)

Gear
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,262 views & 0 likes for this thread
Allison and the Wandering Eyes
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.