Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 23 Nov 2006 (Thursday) 04:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Mini Portrait shots of my Daughter

Nidz
Goldmember
2,408 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 23, 2006 04:47 |  #1

Some pictures I took orriginally as part of the front cover for a thank you card to be sent all the people who bought us gifts for our new daughter. I've been rather slack in getting the card finished but here's the front over photos. Comments appreciated.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 403 | MIME changed to 'text/html'

Stop or I'll Shoot!
10 Years on POTN Forums!
Canon 350D | 70-200f/4L | ef35-105mm | ef100-300mm | 50mm f1.8 etc..
Some of my Photos (external link)

sponsored links
pagefile
586 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Nov 23, 2006 05:49 |  #2

Some really good head shots. I would clone out the flash in the eyes. I don't know, I just never like that white spot a flash puts in the eyes.

<<
My Gear>>

"It is better to solve the right problem the wrong way than to solve the wrong problem the right way.”
Richard Wesley Hamming

Mike ­ Reynolds
Goldmember
1,412 posts
Joined May 2006

Nov 23, 2006 12:23 |  #3

one cute kid

a special thanks to the Big Guy upstairs

http://mikereynoldsmot​orsports.com/ (external link)

my gear
https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=2211782&pos​tcount=289

Nidz
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,408 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 24, 2006 04:39 |  #4

Hey thanks for your comments. I used a soften filter and sharpened it in Neat Image. I now see what you mean about the flash pagefile.

Stop or I'll Shoot!
10 Years on POTN Forums!
Canon 350D | 70-200f/4L | ef35-105mm | ef100-300mm | 50mm f1.8 etc..
Some of my Photos (external link)

pagefile
586 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Nov 24, 2006 04:50 |  #5

Nidz wrote in post #2306749 (external link)
Hey thanks for your comments. I used a soften filter and sharpened it in Neat Image. I now see what you mean about the flash pagefile.

I get that eye flash all the time, I just don't like it. It just bugs me now that I know more what to look for in fixing an image.
I have been looking at allot of the pro shots and very few have that eye flash in them.

When I photoshop the eye flash out, I think the image looks much better.

<<
My Gear>>

"It is better to solve the right problem the wrong way than to solve the wrong problem the right way.”
Richard Wesley Hamming

steve817
106 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Nov 24, 2006 05:30 |  #6

pagefile wrote in post #2306757 (external link)
I get that eye flash all the time, I just don't like it. It just bugs me now that I know more what to look for in fixing an image.
I have been looking at allot of the pro shots and very few have that eye flash in them.

To me it makes the pictures look lifeless without them. I don't really care for them in the pupil dead center, but in the iris I like.

If God dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope he likes enchiladas, because that's what he's getting.

zacwolf
416 posts
Joined May 2006

Nov 24, 2006 11:54 |  #7

pagefile wrote in post #2306757 (external link)

it's called a catchlight

and if you ever open up a magazine you will rarely see a model without catchlights

pagefile
586 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Nov 24, 2006 15:50 |  #8

zacwolf wrote in post #2307639 (external link)
it's called a catchlight

and if you ever open up a magazine you will rarely see a model without catchlights

WOW I did look at a magazine once. LOL

I have looked at lots of portraits and most don't have a blown out spot in there eyes, from an on camera flash. The "catchlight" you see in the magazines (better yet photog books), well they look more natural. Because its not an on camera flash, they have them set up so its not blown out, its not just one big white spot in the eye. You will see the "catchlight" look more natural in the eye because there is more than one light they used. It looks as if the light comes from a window.

<<
My Gear>>

Richard Wesley Hamming

Saralonde
Goldmember
1,019 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 24, 2006 15:56 |  #9

The pictures are wonderful. The baby looks so alert and her skin tones are lovely. She is such a cutie-pie!

sponsored links

1,617 views & 0 likes for this thread
Mini Portrait shots of my Daughter
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.