Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 25 Jan 2007 (Thursday) 17:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sandisk extreme III on ebay

Photolistic
Goldmember
1,632 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jan 25, 2007 17:19 |  #1
bannedPermanent ban

I have heard that these are fake and you should not buy them. What is fake about it? It says on the ebay site that its a guaranteed 20 MPS.

http://cgi.ebay.com …tem?hash=item15​0084241897 (external link)

FOR SALE: Canon 30D, 10D, and D2000
click here for SALE
I *heart* Mac
My Technology
My Photographs (external link)

sponsored links
Tsmith
Formerly known as Bluedog_XT
10,429 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Jan 25, 2007 17:56 |  #2

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=183345

jdmwerks
171 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 26, 2007 10:30 |  #3

Don't do it man. I got sucked into this too and not I'm out a bunch of money. Just buy the card from a repuatable store. It's more $ but I wouldn't risk it.

7D \\ 10-22mm \\ 35L \\ 50mm f/1.4 \\ 70-200 f/4 L

jdmwerks
171 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 26, 2007 10:31 |  #4

Watch out for Brain_deal. Thats his Ebay ID, out of NY.

7D \\ 10-22mm \\ 35L \\ 50mm f/1.4 \\ 70-200 f/4 L

Jakpro
320 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jan 26, 2007 10:38 as a reply to  @ jdmwerks's post |  #5

I would not buy any Sandisk CF or SD from Ebay. There are just too many instances of counterfeit products and Ebay has done nothing to resolve this continued problem.

The problem is probably larger than anyone estimates given that many people do not know the difference.

I will stick with vendors that I am confident deal in authentic cards.

Palladium
Goldmember
3,905 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 26, 2007 10:49 as a reply to  @ Jakpro's post |  #6

Ultra III on sale with week at CompUSA ;)

ChopstickHero
678 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jan 26, 2007 11:23 |  #7

my friend bought one a long time ago. he didn't know there were scams going on. he actually only found out a few months after he bought it. he didn't notice any difference in performance.

Canon 40D and 350D :: Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS :: Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS :: Canon 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 :: Canon BG-E2 & BG-E3 :: Canon 430EX Speedlite :: Crumpler 6MDH & The Whickey and Cox

TMR ­ Design
Cream of the Crop
23,883 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Jan 26, 2007 11:39 as a reply to  @ ChopstickHero's post |  #8

I'm sure there are good ones on ebay but I look at it like this....
This is my 'digital fim' that we're talking about and I've already sunk some good money into my gear....why wouldn't I want a quality product with a manufacturer to stand behind it?
Prices are so good from re/etailers I just assume not get my CF cards from ebay. That's just me.

Robert
RobertMitchellPhotogra​phy (external link)

BBrat
Goldmember
1,601 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jan 26, 2007 13:35 as a reply to  @ TMR Design's post |  #9

not all are bad on ebay. read feedbacks look at pictures and descriptions, and know what to look for. when i sell i like to show serial numbers as well. and if in doubt ask the seller questions? it never hurts, then as well pay thru paypal to protect yourself.

brian

Brian Gear List

Dave_G
Goldmember
3,621 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jan 27, 2007 08:13 |  #10

I bought an Ultra II last year that turned out to be a counterfeit card. I was lucky and got a refund when I queried it.

There are a few reputable outlets on eBay selling genuine products - but not many ;)

Skoda Fabia vRS SE| Don't make a 70-200 thread | Pan Master™ © Allen Mead | Skodalover |Hippopotomonstrosesqui​ppedaliophobia- Fear of long words... | now with 17s, a turbo, rear tints, dual climate, cruise... must be a new company car

sponsored links

723 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sandisk extreme III on ebay
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.