Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 16 Feb 2007 (Friday) 17:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

POTN Photoshop Action Resources

Beau ­ Hudspeth
-Cool Title-
2,839 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 16, 2007 17:16 |  #1

After reading over this area of the forums, it has become obvious that there is a large demand for actions here - either to be created or help in locating them.

Let's use this topic to post links to the actions that we have created for others, or our favorites that we use ourselves.

If we can help to centralize our 'actions', we can better serve the community and help reduce a lot of multi-posting on teh same issue/request.

Now, Go Go Go!

NOTICE:
Please DO NOT post actions from other sites unless they have authorized you to do so or unless they are yours.

UPDATING ACTIONS
If you update your actions, please modify your original post with the new information and the update date. After doing so, make SMALL post at the end of the thread that links back to your original one. To get the link to your original post: go to that post and click the #number in the upper right hand corner. Copy the URL from the address bar and use it as your link.

IMAGE: http://www.digi-gen.com/line.jpg

If you wish to post an action, please give the following information:

1. The name of the action set
  2. The Name of the action(s) - what it/they is/are called when viewed in photoshop
  3. Who created it
  4. What is it designed to do
  5. The DOWNLOAD link
  6. Last Updated
  7. If you desire, a small sample of the end results - before and after would be preferred. (Example: 320x240)
(DUPLICATE IMAGE)

EXAMPLE
  • BHP Actions / • • • B. H. Photography • • •
  • The Look of Lomo, Lomo 2, Basic Square White Vignette, Basic Square Black Vignette & Soft Focus
  • Crated by: Beau Hudspeth
  • Two actions designed to give an image the overall look of a picture taken with a Russian Lomo camera. Two to create image vignettes. One to create a soft focus effect.
  • Updated: 2.16.07
  • DOWNLOAD HERE (external link)
IMAGE: http://www.digi-gen.com/hold/photos/lomo-b.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.digi-gen.com/hold/photos/lomo-a.jpg

Photoshop Action SetMy Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,222 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Feb 16, 2007 18:09 |  #2

Actually, it's more or less been done and centralized at one location. Many people reference atncentral (external link) because there is a large base of free, readily downloadable actions there, cataloged, searchable and ready to go. /Dan

Website (external link) |

Beau ­ Hudspeth
THREAD ­ STARTER
-Cool Title-
2,839 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 16, 2007 18:16 |  #3

CannedHeat wrote in post #2721208 (external link)
Actually, it's more or less been done and centralized at one location. Many people reference atncentral (external link) because there is a large base of free, readily downloadable actions there, cataloged, searchable and ready to go. /Dan

That is a great resource Dan ... but it is not located here, where the questions I answer are coming from.

This thread is an option for the folks that use this forum as their primary resource to quickly find or add actions that they need or want to share w/o having to search for them across the web. Also, the members here are VERY amiable to answering questions on 'what they have done to get these results' or on 'How do I use this' - unlike a LOT of other sites I have visited. ;)

So as I stated earlier, for those who want to make additions, we're here to serve ...

Beau ­ Hudspeth
THREAD ­ STARTER
-Cool Title-
2,839 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 17, 2007 04:08 as a reply to  @ Beau Hudspeth's post |  #4

UPDATE HERE

Haywire
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined May 2009

May 24, 2009 18:25 |  #5

Hi Beau,

This is an excellent action! I downloaded your action and applied it to some of the photos I taken and it's great! I just realised that there is an Upate at the bottom. I will download it again and see how it works... is there a difference? I'm totally clueless about using Photoshop most of the time... :P

Was just wondering... do you have a similar action for "fish eye" effects too? One of my friends' iPhone's application is able to convert any photo to "Lomo" style or "Fish eye" effects and I think that is totally amazing and fun! :)

Haywire
Canon 400D | What can I do with it with Photoshop?

Beau ­ Hudspeth
THREAD ­ STARTER
-Cool Title-
2,839 posts
Joined Aug 2005

May 26, 2009 00:00 |  #6

Haywire wrote in post #7980843 (external link)
Hi Beau,

This is an excellent action! I downloaded your action and applied it to some of the photos I taken and it's great! I just realised that there is an Upate at the bottom. I will download it again and see how it works... is there a difference? I'm totally clueless about using Photoshop most of the time... :P

Was just wondering... do you have a similar action for "fish eye" effects too? One of my friends' iPhone's application is able to convert any photo to "Lomo" style or "Fish eye" effects and I think that is totally amazing and fun! :)

Glad you like the actions. Sorry, I do not have fish-eye action, though, one might be fun to create.

Also, The link is to the new set!

shannyD
"...in too much trouble"
5,219 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Location: scrotumento CA, miss NC, and lived in th north east for a while, and even in the mid west for a bit.

May 26, 2009 10:21 |  #7

geezz.. im torn.. i get so much noise from other people about how actions hinder you.. then i hear about how great they are and heres a thread for actions.. gahhh. lol.

wonderful actions beau.

YankeeMom
Goldmember
3,120 posts
Gallery: 312 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Oct 2008

May 26, 2009 10:30 |  #8

Are there any Actions here or on the web for GIMP? I did a quick search and saw nothing.

Kristin
Mom to 11 ~ Still sane and rocking my Canon 5DMkII.
Calibrated with Spyder 4
Website (external link)
| Blog (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | 500px (external link) | Pinterest (external link) | Instagram (external link)

photogs_spouse
75 posts
Joined Apr 2008

May 26, 2009 14:05 |  #9

YankeeMom wrote in post #7990634 (external link)
Are there any Actions here or on the web for GIMP? I did a quick search and saw nothing.

"Actions" no. "Scripts" yes. :)
A few places to get you started:
Differences between PS actions and GIMP scripts http://osp.wikidot.com​/gimp-scripts (external link)

There are several script languages and you might need more downloads to handle the Python-Fu versions. Script-Fu should be fine.

Gimp Plugin Registry http://registry.gimp.o​rg/ (external link)

a search for GIMP FX will net you one install to get tons of scripts.

Should get you started.

YankeeMom
Goldmember
3,120 posts
Gallery: 312 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Oct 2008

May 26, 2009 15:02 |  #10

photogs_spouse wrote in post #7991965 (external link)
Differences between PS actions and GIMP scripts http://osp.wikidot.com​/gimp-scripts (external link)

There are several script languages and you might need more downloads to handle the Python-Fu versions. Script-Fu should be fine.

Should get you started.

OH, thanks so much! :D

Kristin
Mom to 11 ~ Still sane and rocking my Canon 5DMkII.
Calibrated with Spyder 4
Website (external link)
| Blog (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | 500px (external link) | Pinterest (external link) | Instagram (external link)

Beau ­ Hudspeth
THREAD ­ STARTER
-Cool Title-
2,839 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jun 15, 2009 03:23 |  #11

photogs_spouse wrote in post #7991965 (external link)

Should get you started.

Thank you for filling in the blanks!

sponsored links

16,204 views & 0 likes for this thread
POTN Photoshop Action Resources
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.