Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 18 Sep 2006 (Monday) 06:07
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Zenfolio referral (code) thread

nighthawk-uk
23 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Sep 18, 2006 06:07 |  #1

Hi All,

I took out the Zenfolio trial & have been quite impressed by it as a site. I was just about to take out the $40 unlimited account from them when i noticed the referal option.

I just thought i would see if anyone on here already has a site with them & would like me to enter there referal code in when i sign up?

I just thought somone on here may as well earn the referal creits rather than no one getting any

cheers,

Steve

nighthawk.zenfolio.com

New Photosite. All C&C welcome :) Just be gentle
http://nighthawk.zenfo​lio.com (external link)

sponsored links
mycelestialdream
132 posts
Joined May 2006

Sep 24, 2006 04:53 |  #2

I just finished loging in with my free trail earlier today, I love it! It so clean and ad free! I too am impressed after searching for a good hosting website! whats the deal about referal? I didnt see it?

http://www.leschphotog​raphy.zenfolio.com (external link)

nighthawk-uk
THREAD ­ STARTER
23 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Sep 25, 2006 16:25 |  #3

The referral system is just a loyalty code type process where if someone signs up for a new account & uses someones referal code both people get $5. You find your code from within the Control panel.

I just thought someone on here may have one, but i have already signed up now. Definatly one of the better looking system i have found on the web.

Rellik
720 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 27, 2006 23:36 |  #4

If anyone in the future needs a referral code to get $5 off (and $5 for me) feel free to use this: TMM-CU4-RNC

Zenfolio is pretty amazing for the price ($40 - $5 coupon). It loads very fast for me and the slideshow feature is pretty amazing. I really like the amount of options for protecting a gallery. And the upload method on it is pretty effective. I've used other web based uploading method from other sites and hated them all. Zenfolio's allows you to pause anytime you want and resume when you want it to. Usually for me, at other sites, this will distrupt the upload, that you will have to start over again. Also uploading HUGE amount at one time did not result in any slowdowns as well. I once transferred over 1 gig in a session and everything went smoothly.

They are also constantly upgrading more features, so I cannot wait to see what's to come.

-Derek 40D, 5D, 5D MK II, 1D Mark III
35L, 50L, 85L, 17-40L, 24-70L, 24-105L, 70-200 F2.8L IS
Vancouver Wedding Photographer (external link)

darktiger
Goldmember
1,944 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Oct 02, 2006 22:24 |  #5

You can use mine if you want. i like zenfolio, and feel it is worth it.

Open a Zenfolio account with my referral code DXK-66Y-1WR and save $5.00

My Flickr (external link)
My Gear
My Zenfolio (external link)

nighthawk-uk
THREAD ­ STARTER
23 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Oct 05, 2006 05:32 |  #6

unfortunalty i have already signed up.

I am however very impressed by the system, the security of the photots is very goods as well, due to the end user seeing it as an interactive system, rather than just a picture.

I wonder how long they can keep the price that low for though. They do seem to be a fair bit cheaper than most other, while still providing a very good service.

Belekes
Mostly Lurking
13 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Oct 19, 2006 14:37 as a reply to  @ nighthawk-uk's post |  #7

Zenfolio is great. I just discovered it a few days ago and started an account already.
If you want a referal: F3M-SP2-89X
At this place my photosite will grow: http://belekes.zenfoli​o.com (external link)

Canon EOS 30D - EOS Digital Rebel - Digital Ixus 55
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM - Canon EFS 18-55mm
Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO zoom

www.belekes.be (external link)

arg245
827 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Jan 11, 2007 14:03 |  #8

Goodbye pBase - Hello Zenfolio

After three years with pBase, I am making the move to Zenfolio. Before I say anything further, I just want to make it clear that this post is not intended to put down pBase. Pbase is what it is, a good photo sharing site with plenty of traffic, and a very large database of photos and information, from amateur to pro.

However, I just got tired of not having any support whatsover from the principals there. The latest e-mail I sent regarding spam on their comment system went ignored, three times, as did other e-mails regarding various subjects. They rely on their forums for their user base to get support.

So, fair warning to any who are considering them. Look at Smugmug and Zenfolio. Both have trial accounts for you to try first.

I chose Zenfolio due to its simple configuration, presentation, image security features, and price/feature ratio compared to Smugmug. Zenfolio's feature set is still not on par with Smugmug, but they are steadily improving - an example is the comments feature, which is still not active. But at $40 (Zenfolio) compared to $150 (smugmug) for the pro versions, and the excellent presentation of my images, Zenfolio did it for me.

Oh, and I did try the Gallery2 and Coppermine PHP options on my own website, and found that while they are excellent, they do not offer the ease of use, nor image security of going with a dedicated service for image presentation.

Hope this helps someone who is trying to decide which way to go.

---------------
Andy Garcia
Google+ (external link) | Zenfolio (external link)

neil_r
Cream of the Proverbial Crop
Landscape and Cityscape Photographer 2006
18,065 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Jan 11, 2007 14:14 |  #9

arg245 wrote in post #2524760 (external link)
Oh, and I did try the Gallery2 and Coppermine PHP options on my own website, and found that while they are excellent, they do not offer the ease of use, nor image security of going with a dedicated service for image presentation.

Why did you not try EE all you need is on this forum.....

Neil - © NHR Photography
Commercial Site (external link) - Video Site (external link) - Blog - (external link)Gear List There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~ Ansel Adams

Anh ­ Bi
60 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 11, 2007 14:27 as a reply to  @ neil_r's post |  #10

I personally like flickr for its great community. There is a lot of traffic there for everyone, and the pro account only cost $25.

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/anh-bi/ (external link)

Rumjungle
Goldmember
3,120 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2006

Jan 11, 2007 15:07 as a reply to  @ arg245's post |  #11

I'll check it out, as my pbase account comes up in 2 months.

Gear

muchswatch
240 posts
Joined Dec 2003

Jan 11, 2007 15:15 as a reply to  @ arg245's post |  #12

Mine is Zenfolio, I like the layout, and you get extra 1G space everytime you renew your account, that's pretty cool

My Website:
http://www.flickr.com/​muchswatch (external link)

arg245
827 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Jan 11, 2007 18:25 |  #13

neil_r wrote in post #2524806 (external link)
Why did you not try EE all you need is on this forum.....

I did try EE, after Pekka suggested it to me when I posted a question about other PHP based galleries. I did like it, but ultimitely I found that going with a canned service was way easier for me. I just don't have the time to dedicate to tweaking all the elements of a PHP based site to get it just right. I actually enjoy the process, but it does take time to set it up just right.

---------------
Andy Garcia

arg245
827 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Jan 11, 2007 18:30 as a reply to  @ arg245's post |  #14

Oh, one more thing about Zenfolio: Up until December 31st, they were offering $10 off any of their accounts. Normally, if you plug in the discount code that Zenfolio users have (see my sig), you'd get $5 off, and I'd get $5 off my next order.

But if you go to the Zenfolio site and e-mail them that you missed out on the $10 offer, they might just send you a code. I had a friend do that this week and they obliged, so the normally $40 pro account with unlimited space will only cost you $30. I don't get any credits , unless you use my code, but hey, you'd be better off with the $10 offer anyway. Good Luck.

Regards,

---------------
Andy Garcia

tsk1979
247 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Feb 23, 2007 04:22 as a reply to  @ arg245's post |  #15

A small question.
In smugmug pro users can set print prices, and earn profits, is there any such thing in zenfolio?

Gallery (external link), Homepage (external link), Journal (external link)
Smugmug (external link)

sponsored links

65,757 views & 0 likes for this thread
Zenfolio referral (code) thread
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.