Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 28 Feb 2007 (Wednesday) 09:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

good place to rent lenses?

merp
490 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Feb 28, 2007 09:26 |  #1
bannedPermanently

hello,

I apologize in advance if this has been posted before but i'd like to know if you guys know any good places that you are able to rent lenses from. I'm currently looking into a new lense and would like to test some out ^_^ that and well im going to washington dc in march and it would be nice to test the ones im looking into there. I've google'd some stuff but stuff from like zipline etc are mostly out of stock -- anyone help me? :D:D:D:D

~merp

sponsored links
Mark_Cohran
Cream of the Crop
15,765 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2002

Feb 28, 2007 09:35 |  #2

I rent from a local pro shot when I need to rent, but that's not going to help you much. Are you looking to rent via mail-order (if that's possible)? If would, I think, be a good idea if you let us know where you are geographically. You'll probably get better advice then.

Mark

Mark
-----
Some primes, some zooms, some Ls, some bodies and they all play nice together.
Forty years of shooting and still learning.
My Tumblr Site (external link) (NSFW)
Follow Me on Instagram (external link)

KCMO ­ Al
Goldmember
1,115 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Feb 28, 2007 09:42 |  #3

Look at Rentglass.com. You have to check frequently to see what is in stock.

Film: Leica M-4, Elan 7E, Rolleiflex 2.8f, Pentax 645 -- Digital: Canon Pro-1, EOS 5D Mk III
EOS Lenses: Sigma 24-70 f2.8 EX - Canon EF 17-40 f4.0L - Canon EF 24-105 f4.0L - Canon EF 35 f1.4L USM - Canon EF100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS USM - Canon EF100 f2.8 Macro - Other stuff: MR 14EX - 430EX - 580EXII - ST-E2 - TC1.4x - TC-80N3

Scoen
359 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 28, 2007 10:05 |  #4

www.lensrentals.com (external link) you can reserve your product ahead of time, no deposits and a VERY large inventory to choose from, they have more than just glass for rent
I just rented a 580ex for 1wk. @ $50.
Flash came back from the previous renter broken so they drop shipped a brand new one to me 2 day air from B&H and I live in Oregon. Damn shipping bill had to be the price I paid for the rental

CoenPhotography (external link)
flickr (external link)

merp
THREAD ­ STARTER
490 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Feb 28, 2007 12:48 as a reply to  @ Scoen's post |  #5
bannedPermanently

ty Scoen =) i dont have any local camera shops around here..and id like to maybe throw a rent on credit/debit etc --and have it shipped yayay

mwt
120 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Feb 28, 2007 12:51 |  #6

That is great information.

I intend to rent the 100-400 L lens as soon as softball gets into full swing.

JRJay
188 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Feb 28, 2007 13:01 |  #7

There is a member on this board that does online lens rentals. https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=190688

Jason
[30D][17-40 f/4L][17-55 f/2.8][50mm f/1.4][70-200mm f/2.8L IS]
My Website (external link)
Model Mayhem (external link)

mshill
132 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Feb 28, 2007 13:51 as a reply to  @ JRJay's post |  #8

US West Coast use PhotoLensRental.com

I rented a Canon 70-200 f2.8L for a week $59 included shipping both ways. It came well packed and with a postage paid return bag.

Worked out so well that I ended up buying the same lens from B&H the same day I sent it back.

50D, Tamron 28-75 f2.8, Canon 70-200 f2.8L, Kenko 1.5x Extender, Sigma EF-500 DG ST + Fong Dong

CoolToolGuy
Boosting Ruler Sales
4,175 posts
Joined Aug 2003

Feb 28, 2007 14:09 as a reply to  @ mshill's post |  #9

The online rental sites get some good reviews here, so that may be an option.

Since you are going to DC, there is a local store that offers rentals at two of their locations.

http://www.penncamera.​com/ (external link)

Click on the "Rental" button. One of the stores that rents is in the heart of DC, right across the street from the FBI headquarters, and the other one is in Vienna, VA. I shop with Penn Camera all the time, and I have rented a lens from them before. Make sure you reserve it in advance, though.

Have Fun,

Rick

My Gear list

JohnEBongo
876 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Mar 2004

Feb 28, 2007 14:47 |  #10

CoolToolGuy wrote in post #2791352 (external link)
Since you are going to DC, there is a local store that offers rentals at two of their locations.

http://www.penncamera.​com/ (external link)

Click on the "Rental" button. One of the stores that rents is in the heart of DC, right across the street from the FBI headquarters, and the other one is in Vienna, VA. I shop with Penn Camera all the time, and I have rented a lens from them before. Make sure you reserve it in advance, though.

Have Fun,

I rent frequently from the Vienna location and they are great to deal with. Like Rick said though, reserve early.

merp
THREAD ­ STARTER
490 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Feb 28, 2007 18:45 |  #11
bannedPermanently

ah thank you guys very much ^_^

throw_n_gas
79 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Feb 28, 2007 19:45 |  #12

www.lensrentals.com (external link) is (IMHO) the only way to GO.

Roger runs a first class operation, you can check inventory online, make reservations, etc. If your homeowner or business insurance does not cover rental equipment, this can be purchased as well for minimal cost.

Rick

www.rickstultz.net (external link)
http://www.rickstultz.​zenfolio.com (external link)

joshandlauri
245 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 28, 2007 19:50 |  #13

is ziplens.com repuatable

Canon 350/xt ,50mm 1.8, Sigma 17-70mm, Sigma 70-300mm DG Macro, Sigma Super Flash Canon Backpack, Ebay tubes (awesome), Cheap tripod and a Sony DSC-S40 and a lot of hope and dreams of more gear.

And in 3 Months either a Canon 70-200 f/4 or a 70-300 IS still debating.

sponsored links

3,286 views & 0 likes for this thread
good place to rent lenses?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.