Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 29 Mar 2004 (Monday) 12:08
Search threadPrev/next
Marketplace feedback thread is closed.
Marketplace feedback is now given directly in marketplace threads. Go to the thread you want to give feedback for, and click
GIVE MARKETPLACE FEEDBACK
there. Giving feedback for your own threads: do the same thing (start a feedback in your respective thread), you'll get to choose the target member in the feedback form.
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

STICKY: ---=MARKETPLACE: Positive feedback=---

this thread is locked
nano102
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 30, 2010 19:27 |  #19516

Seller: Smthrz
Buyer: nano102
Item Sold: Canon 1.4 II Extender

Smooth transaction, great seller. The extender was as advertised. The extender was packed carefully and arrived in "new" condition. Chris was a pleasure to deal with and I would buy again.

Mike

Canon XS, 40D, 7D, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 50mm 1.4, Tokina 12-24mm, Tamron 17-50mm, Canon 18-55mm IS, Tamron 28-75mm, Canon 28-135mm IS, Canon 70-300mm IS, Canon 70-200mmL F4 IS, 420EX, 430EX, 580EX, BG-E2N.

sponsored links
glacebay
166 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 30, 2010 21:03 |  #19517

Seller:Glacebay (me!)
Buyer:Fyerfytr
Item: 5D Classic

Would do business with Mark again. Transaction happened according to plan.. A++++

Jason McDonald
http://jasonmphotos.co​m (external link)

CJSmith
390 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jun 30, 2010 22:43 as a reply to  @ glacebay's post |  #19518

Seller: Smthrz
Buyer: nano102
Item Sold: Canon 1.4 II Extender

Mike did everything right. Paid quickly. Had excellent communication. He even helped me post feedback for the first time. Would buy/sell from him again.

6D, Σ15 FE, 17mm TS-E, 24-105, 70-300L, 40mm 2.8, 85mm 1.8, 100L, 600EX-RT, Kenko 2X MC4, Kenko Tubes
www.OutofChicago.com:external link The Chicago Photography Experience
Flickrexternal link

smilebug
954 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jun 30, 2010 22:54 |  #19519

Seller: MikeI
Buyer: Logg_1
Item Sold: Canon 40D +grip +kit lens

Amazing, fast shipping. Mike is great!

My camera ♥'s my dogs more than me...*sigh*
My Gear & Feedback ~ Flickr (external link)
{{jessica}}

SVTmaniac
Goldmember
1,920 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 30, 2010 23:38 |  #19520

Seller: SVTmaniac
Buyer: lmans
Items Traded: My Sigma 150-500 OS for his Canon 300f4L IS

Jim was a terrific guy to work with and the transaction was very smooth. I sent him the tracking number for my lens and he did the same for his within an hour. His lens arrived in terrific condition and he kept great communication the whole time.

-Chris
More gear than talent.

Franko515
"doped up on pills"
2,478 posts
Joined May 2006

Jul 01, 2010 03:04 as a reply to  @ SVTmaniac's post |  #19521

Seller - Click_09

Buyer - Franko515 (ME)

Item - Canon BG-E4 Battery Grip

Grip arrived in new condition as stated by the seller. Seller stayed in constant contact with me throughout the entire process via PM and phone.

Buy with confidence from this seller :D

Light, composition, shooting technique matter to the end quality most. -Pekka
My Flickr Gallery (external link)
My Gear List

MikeI
Goldmember
2,074 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 01, 2010 04:29 |  #19522

A trade!!!

I traded Logg_1 a 40D, grip, and more for a 17-40 L.

Great communication throughout the deal, instant shipping, and a fair deal for both of us. Would do it again in a second. We made the deal on Sunday and we both got our products on Wednesday. Couldn't ask for a faster deal through the mail.

Doubleshot Photography (external link) ~~~~~ [URL="[URL]http://phot​ography-on-the.net/forum/showpost​.php?p=3138451&postcou​nt=595"]My Gear ~~~~~ [URL="[URL]http://irel​and-photo.smugmug.com/"]Pe​rsonal Gallery

MikeI
Goldmember
2,074 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 01, 2010 04:31 |  #19523

Buyer: Robjohn53
Seller: Me
Item 50 f/1.8

Great communication and quick payment. Another fair and honest transaction on POTN.

Doubleshot Photography (external link) ~~~~~ [URL="[URL]http://phot​ography-on-the.net/forum/showpost​.php?p=3138451&postcou​nt=595"]My Gear ~~~~~ [URL="[URL]http://irel​and-photo.smugmug.com/"]Pe​rsonal Gallery

Click_09
147 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jul 01, 2010 05:42 |  #19524

Buyer- Franko515

Seller- Click_09

Item- Canon BG-E4 Grip

Lightning fast payment, constant contact throughout transaction via phone and pm

Great buyer! Would deal with again anytime!

2 Gripped Nikon D700's, 70-200 2.8VR, 35-70 2.8, 28-105 3.5 Macro, SB 600's, Lots of Alien Bees

JLai81
736 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jul 01, 2010 07:05 |  #19525

Seller: JLai81
Buyer: tkbslc

Sold a 17-70 to tkbslc. Quick payment. A+ buyer. Would definitely do business with again.

Gear List

Z ­ FOTOTECHNIKA
553 posts
Joined May 2009

Jul 01, 2010 09:01 |  #19526

Buyer: Z FOTOTECHNIKA
Seller: bigcountry
Item: 4GB CF Memory Card

Feedback: Excellent communication. Very easy to deal with. Fast shipping. Item came in perfect condition as described. Would definatly do business again! A+ Transaction.

GEAR: Canon 1Ds Mark III | Gripped Canon 50D| EF 24mm f1.4L II | EF 85mm f1.2L II | EF 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS| EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye| Lensbaby Composer | (2) AB800

MM# 2205653
Max

lmans
196 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 01, 2010 10:29 |  #19527

SVTmaniac

I recently traded a Canon lens for a Sigma lens with SVTmaniac (AKA Chris)...and was very pleased with the entire transaction.

Anytime we trade lenses and place in the mail, there is always a degree of honestly that we have to rely upon. It is so refreshing to note that this honesty is apparent on this forum and with people like Chris.

Thanks Chris...for all...I really enjoy my Sigma 150-500mm and hope you years of pleasure with the Canon 300mm... jim

Canon 7D
Canon 400mm F5.6L/Canon 200mm 2.8L/Leica M3/Nikon P310/Swarovski 80ATM HD
http://lmans66.zenfoli​o.com/ (external link)

opianstate
328 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jul 01, 2010 11:33 |  #19528

Buyer : opianstate (me)
Seller : Ten2376

Item(s): Nikon D700 body, Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G, Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

This transaction honestly renewed my faith in online forum deals. After a ridiculous brush with Google Checkout (not recommended as a payment option, by the way) that scared us both, me and Jon (Ten2376) decided to take a more direct route of communication and payment in which more trust was needed. And I have to say that I am really glad there are people like Jon still selling their gear on forums like these because he was courteous, helpful, responsive, and completely fair in the way he went about the sale. Took a minute just because we had to figure out the particulars, but all in all, buy with confidence, he's an awesome guy to deal with. All around positive. Thanks again Jon.

P51Mstg
Goldmember
1,336 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jul 01, 2010 12:14 |  #19529

Voodoo1694 Very Positive Feedback

....In late June 2010 I bought a Canon 800mm 5.6 from Voodoo1694. Lens was advertised as NEW, only opened by request to take a picture of it. Price was close to $10,000.....

Well, before I send out $10k over the web, I like to ask a few questions (hey on $500 I don't ask as many questions)....

I sent him a note and asked for his mailing address, real name, phone numbers, etc. Dan sent them back promptly. I called him and talked to him for 1/2 hour or so. Very nice guy, no evasive answers, nothing that would make me think there was anything "fishy" going on. I was a lawyer for 17+ years and I'm pretty good at determining if someone is telling the truth or not....

I also checked his name and address on the internet white pages and his phone number hooked up with his house, street address hooked with his name, etc. No problem there..... Very good sign. Internet stuff changes slowly and if the internet and his address match up, thats a good sign. I felt that the address and phone he gave me were real.

I sent Dan a PayPal Check for the lens. He shipped it.. I got it cheapest way (I asked for that) and it took about 10 days to get from northern CA to WV (I live back in the woods).... It got here about the time I expected it to. I didn't contact Dan and bother him in the meantime since he seemed very honest. I never even looked up the tracking number. Dan also sent me several emails telling me he got the payment, the payment cleared, when he was planning on shipping, an email with the tracking number, etc. Communication was exceptional.

The final verdict..... (Drum roll please)...

I checked the package, It was shipped on the day that he said he shipped it. Good sign.

Lens was packed nicely. In hard case inside Canon cardboard box as shipped. Box didn't look worn, used, taped up or any of that crap, so I'd call it new with no hesitation. The Canon shipping box was inside a bigger NEW CRISP cardboard box filled with new white "peanuts" (obviously not resused crap) and a LOT of them (caution opening his boxes lots of FUKEN peanuts)... Everything there was as promised. (I get a lot of things in beat up boxes that have lost a lot of their strength and put the contents at risk; NOT the case here)..

Inside the Canon shipping box was the hard case still suspended in the Canon foam corner spacers. The case was in the proper plastic bag as it should be. The lens was in another plastic bag inside the case (as they come from the factory). Dan even wrapped the lens in more bubble wrap to further pad it inside the hard case.

The lens condition was pretty obvious... It was new, unused (heck I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it will work), and NICE. Everything looked good, I doubt it was ever on a camera after it left the factory.

So:

If you consider buying something from Dan (I'll leave his last name out) Voodoo1694, have no fear (at least based on my experience).. I'd have no reservation sending him any amount of money for anything he says he has and I would believe his description of anything too...... Dan is good, honest, and really sets the standard for "service" that others here should try to meet.

Have a great day

Mark H

PS: I got home and tested it... WOW, awesome, better than the old 600mm by a few generations.. Great lens....

Too Much Camera Stuff......

Buckeye1
Goldmember
3,400 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined May 2005

Jul 01, 2010 12:17 as a reply to  @ P51Mstg's post |  #19530

Buyer: joemitchem
Seller: Your's Truly :D
Item: Caonn 580EX II

Joe was prompt with his communication. He drove an hour to meet up with me as he said he would. Fast and smooth transaction! Thanks, Joe.

Ben

sponsored links

Marketplace feedback thread is closed.
Marketplace feedback is now given directly in marketplace threads. Go to the thread you want to give feedback for, and click
GIVE MARKETPLACE FEEDBACK
there. Giving feedback for your own threads: do the same thing (start a feedback in your respective thread), you'll get to choose the target member in the feedback form.
4,679,272 views & 100 likes for this thread
---=MARKETPLACE: Positive feedback=---
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.