Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts 
Thread started 06 Mar 2007 (Tuesday) 16:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Right Here Right Now

taygull
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 06, 2007 16:45 |  #1

Why in performing arts?

This image is of a musician who is a very good friend, he and his wife assisted me on a 3 day photo shoot across Texas. We drove 1500 miles starting Friday night at midnight after a band shoot and finished back in Dallas Monday morning at 7:30am.

Here is a shot of him and his wife on the beach at South Padre Island. The text "Right Here Right Now" is a great song he wrote for his wife.

I built this today for them.

Sorry I've not been posting much as I've been swamped with the project that I'll be using some of the images we took and the magazine.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i100.photobucke​t.com …de_heatherhdrfi​nalweb.jpg (external link)

www.chrisfritchiestudi​os.com (external link)
McKinney, TX

sponsored links
DwightMcCann
so, what are we talking about?
21,399 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 06, 2007 16:53 |  #2

You are such a romantic!

Dwight McCann
Website (external link) - Facebook (external link)
Gear List - Concert FAQ - My Small Studio

johnstoy
Cream of the Crop
6,646 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 06, 2007 16:54 |  #3

Way to go Chris...

I once drove from Dallas to South Padre Island to our resort project on the Laguna Madre... I wonder if the paddle wheeler is still running inside the land side waters of Laguna Madre... US Senator, James Inhoff (Tulsa, OK) was the owner at that time...

John Stoy

www.poconophotos.com (external link)
My Gear List
"Are you only Looking or actually Seeing", from Microbiology 101.

taygull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 06, 2007 17:06 |  #4

DwightMcCann wrote in post #2826949 (external link)
You are such a romantic!

.....and I'm watching you big boy..in fact that image of you as the jumper is on my desktop now!:p

I should probably ad that Wade Kilgore (the musician") starting tinkering with the image above before me...it was funny we both had the same idea at the same time......

McKinney, TX

thelightofsound
Goldmember
1,399 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Mar 06, 2007 17:12 as a reply to  @ taygull's post |  #5

i like the colors.

too bad that rock formed a jetty on their heads.

care to share what you did pp or filters you used?

--atlanta photographer michael saba (external link) - music photography (external link)

taygull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 06, 2007 17:18 |  #6

thelightofsound wrote in post #2827053 (external link)
too bad that rock formed a jetty on their heads.

care to share what you did pp or filters you used?

I'm not sure what "rock" you are speaking of...there were no rocks or jetties in the shot...you might be looking at a wave shadow?

There were numerous steps in photoshop done to this.....3 images merged into one, mask of the couple, bumped the contrast after merge of just the background, added a glow and some other actions.

I use Kubota Image Tools to do about 90% of what I do....I did use photomatix to merge the same image at 1.5 stops apart and then applied some various tone mapping to get the look I wanted.

Here is a link to the Kubota image tools info...they are fantastic.

http://www.chrisfritch​iephotography.com/abou​tpage/aboutpage.html (external link)

If you go to the bottom the Kubota logo will route you to the page that shows all the options......

McKinney, TX

johnstoy
Cream of the Crop
6,646 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 06, 2007 17:32 |  #7

Re: the image location...this is the Gulf of Mexico side of So. Padre Island... No jetty's, just a straight shore line...

My brother's staff used to have campfire nights on that beach, with guitar and accordion music, and bare back hose back riding, up and down the beach... I would fish 15 miles offshore at the edge of the continental shelf and bring back big fish for the campfire Bar B Q...

My last night there, I dropped off a 5 foot shark for the beach party BBQ, and headed back to Dallas that same night... Left South Padre Island at 11:15 PM and arrived in Dallas in time to issue payroll a couple of hours after sunrise... (along the way, in the middle of no where on the interstate, a road block by the US border patrol was stopping and searching everyone, but they chose to let me fly right through...great experience).

Will have to check Kubota Image Tools, sounds like a practical program to optimize Photoshop...

John Stoy

www.poconophotos.com (external link)
My Gear List
"Are you only Looking or actually Seeing", from Microbiology 101.

taygull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 06, 2007 21:29 |  #8

John is right......

I was shocked to find a space on the beach that was not crowded..there were a bunch of campfires and such going on.

Give me a call sometime John and we can talk about all those actions.

McKinney, TX

DwightMcCann
so, what are we talking about?
21,399 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 06, 2007 22:20 |  #9

taygull wrote in post #2827016 (external link)
.....and I'm watching you big boy..in fact that image of you as the jumper is on my desktop now!:p

I should probably ad that Wade Kilgore (the musician") starting tinkering with the image above before me...it was funny we both had the same idea at the same time......

I didn't know Wade knew me!

Dwight McCann
Website (external link) - Facebook (external link)
Gear List - Concert FAQ - My Small Studio

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 07, 2007 06:30 |  #10

A bit too 'sweet' for my taste, but I guess it'll go in well with the targeted audience.
Nice image apart from the 'oversaturated pastelliness'. (don't know how to put it).

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

taygull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 07, 2007 06:34 |  #11

The over saturated pastelliness is pretty much on par with what I was trying to achieve.

Rene, "sweet" is not a bad thing. Sweet usually gets you big checks from the ladies. This one will be printed large on a canvas gallery wrap and hung in the bedroom.

McKinney, TX

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 07, 2007 07:16 |  #12

taygull wrote in post #2830290 (external link)
The over saturated pastelliness is pretty much on par with what I was trying to achieve.

I figured as much...

taygull wrote in post #2830290 (external link)
Rene, "sweet" is not a bad thing. Sweet usually gets you big checks from the ladies.

That's why I'm not rich; checks is not what I'm after :lol:

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

taygull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 07, 2007 08:02 |  #13

funny.....the wife and kids like it when I get a check......so does the banker!

McKinney, TX

thelightofsound
Goldmember
1,399 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Mar 07, 2007 11:00 as a reply to  @ taygull's post |  #14

thanks for sharing. good job on the hdr from one image. i can't seem to get that to work very well.

i'm not sure if jetty is the right word or not, but that's what i've always called it. there is a rock, or a shell that is influencing the flow of the water around the top of the relection (bottom of the frame). am i just looking at the picture wrong?

--atlanta photographer michael saba (external link) - music photography (external link)

taygull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 07, 2007 11:28 |  #15

OK, now I see what you are looking at. Yes I was disappointed that a shell caused the water to reflect the reflection in this manor.

A jetty is a long group of rocks that extends hundreds of feet out into the bay in order to reduce erosion and cause waves to break.

McKinney, TX

sponsored links

3,460 views & 0 likes for this thread
Right Here Right Now
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.