Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts 
Thread started 25 Mar 2007 (Sunday) 00:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lone Star Attitude - this is where I've been!

taygull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 25, 2007 15:22 |  #16

We don't think it is the "right" way...just the best way......I would think Southern CA has some good points though.:D

www.chrisfritchiestudi​os.com (external link)
McKinney, TX

sponsored links
DwightMcCann
so, what are we talking about?
21,400 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 25, 2007 16:49 |  #17

taygull wrote in post #2928624 (external link)
We don't think it is the "right" way...just the best way......I would think Southern CA has some good points though.:D

I misspoke ... I meant "ONLY!", not right.

Dwight McCann
Website (external link) - Facebook (external link)
Gear List - Concert FAQ - My Small Studio

taygull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 25, 2007 18:35 |  #18

DwightMcCann wrote in post #2929013 (external link)
I misspoke ... I meant "ONLY!", not right.

Ok, I can agree with that!

McKinney, TX

johnstoy
Cream of the Crop
6,646 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 25, 2007 22:32 |  #19

narlus wrote in post #2928249 (external link)
the type of music, but also the texas attitude, i guess. . . "let it be on earth as it is in texas" isn't exactly an endearing slogan to me. connotates braggartism and all those chest-puffing stereotypes about everything being bigger in texas. at least that's my view; i must admit that i've not been to texas in a very long time.

The funny thing about Texas is that it only takes a few days of driving around to pick up that particular attitude...

The sheer vastness of the land and the spirit of the people goes hand in hand with the territory... The near fact is, most everything is bigger in Texas...

John Stoy

www.poconophotos.com (external link)
My Gear List
"Are you only Looking or actually Seeing", from Microbiology 101.

taygull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 25, 2007 23:10 |  #20

The thing is it is not an attitude that we feel we are better then anyone it is more of a self pride.

Little known fact that the Texas State Capital is the only Capital building allowed to be larger then the U.S. Capital.

McKinney, TX

johnstoy
Cream of the Crop
6,646 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 25, 2007 23:25 |  #21

taygull wrote in post #2930687 (external link)
The thing is it is not an attitude that we feel we are better then anyone it is more of a self pride.

Little known fact that the Texas State Capital is the only Capital building allowed to be larger then the U.S. Capital.

I hear you Chris...There never, ever was any chest beating by any one, of any age in Texas... I felt more like I was on a very talented sports team and every one is trying their best...all contributing to the effort in the everyday walk of life...

Since there is no real snow or deep freeze winter in Texas, there is great potential for consistent productivity...continu​ous activity year round... and with air conditioning practically everywhere, work is always a pleasure...

In Texas, we competed against ourselves, to improve our skills, and be more productive... I have left very good memories in Texas... Some day I might consider continuing my retirement there...

John Stoy

www.poconophotos.com (external link)
My Gear List
"Are you only Looking or actually Seeing", from Microbiology 101.

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 26, 2007 03:40 |  #22

narlus wrote in post #2928249 (external link)
the type of music, but also the texas attitude, i guess. . . "let it be on earth as it is in texas" isn't exactly an endearing slogan to me. connotates braggartism and all those chest-puffing stereotypes about everything being bigger in texas. at least that's my view; i must admit that i've not been to texas in a very long time.

Put it a lot better then I could, but that's about what I meant ;)

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

rdking01
461 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Mar 26, 2007 15:52 |  #23

taygull wrote in post #2930687 (external link)

We have the only state flag that is allowed to fly at the same height as the ol glory, also a little known fact.

Canon 20D
24-70 2.8L
70-200 4.0L
fifty 1:8

sponsored links

3,085 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lone Star Attitude - this is where I've been!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.