Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 09 Apr 2007 (Monday) 05:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

AMOS N°003 - climbing/2

habakuk
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 09, 2007 05:48 |  #1

IMAGE: http://www.voegtli.net/gallery/concept/amos_003_800.jpg

Another example of AMOS - a matter of scale.

(AMOS N°1, N°2)

cheers
®

More on my BLOG (external link) ::: www.punctumgallery.ch (external link) ::: www.driftingaway.org (external link) ::: www.goodeye.ch (external link) | Creativity & perception workshops (external link)
Virtual Exhibitions:
Bauwelten Neufeldzubringer (external link) | Sternspuren (external link) | Anderswelt (Otherworld) (external link)

sponsored links
Richtherookie
Goldmember
1,034 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Apr 09, 2007 09:23 |  #2

Great shot. BELAY ON!

Canon 40D, Rebel XT, Kit lens, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, 50mm F/1.8II, 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS USM

Trained to survive, willing not to.
www.haysphotography.ne​t (external link)

DwightMcCann
so, what are we talking about?
21,382 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 09, 2007 13:21 |  #3

I can't see the ropes ... tell 'em to use red rope! I like the shot ... where were you?

I caught these three climbers at Yosemite:

IMAGE: http://palsgaard-mccann.net/CamperVacationYMDKK/Climbers6376-600.JPG

Dwight McCann
Website (external link) - Facebook (external link)
Gear List - Concert FAQ - My Small Studio
How I Got Into This Businesshttps://photography-on-the.net …p?p=13157388#po​st13157388

tomd
Cream of the Crop
13,251 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Apr 09, 2007 13:33 |  #4

I thought I was high when at the climbing gym...WOW nice shots.

=======>>> play W.A.I.N. :D

habakuk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 09, 2007 15:19 |  #5

Hi all. Sorry to have mislead you... ;) I just added the climber in postprocessing to
deceive the viewer, along with the "wrong" title. This is part of a visual experiment.
Look closely, and you see a root in the right half of the shot, as well as a plant under
the dark transversal shadow.

See below... this was a stone of approx. 20 cm height. I was lying in the grass, very relaxed. But, hey... thanks for your comment! I hope you enjoyed the view anyway. :)

----

Ok, read the explanation to the background of this shot here.

AMOS N°001: a simple stone, approx. 30 cm height, 45° angle

AMOS N°002: tree bark (birch), approx. 15 cm width, four little color spots added

AMOS N°3: another stone, approx. 20 cm height

AMOS N°004: fallen tree with moss, approx. 15 cm shown here

cheers
®

More on my BLOG (external link) ::: www.punctumgallery.ch (external link) ::: www.driftingaway.org (external link) ::: www.goodeye.ch (external link) | Creativity & perception workshops (external link)
Virtual Exhibitions:
Bauwelten Neufeldzubringer (external link) | Sternspuren (external link) | Anderswelt (Otherworld) (external link)

DwightMcCann
so, what are we talking about?
21,382 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 09, 2007 17:23 |  #6

Well, crud, that's too bad! I think there is a great forum for this sort of thing ... Experimental or somesuch so you might want to repost or get these posts moved over there! Obviously you did a grand job! Oh, so let's see your originals of the climber.

Dwight McCann
Website (external link) - Facebook (external link)
Gear List - Concert FAQ - My Small Studio
How I Got Into This Businesshttps://photography-on-the.net …p?p=13157388#po​st13157388

gmen
Goldmember
4,345 posts
Joined Aug 2004

Apr 09, 2007 17:33 |  #7

Very interesting... certainly a fractal-kind-of-thing going on here. Jubbly-tastic.

---- Gavin

TGSPhoto Editorial Sports Photography (external link) | TGS Blog (external link) | TGS Twitter (external link) | TGS Sportsshooter (external link) | TGS Tweets (external link) | TGS Facebook (external link) | LinkedIn (external link)

habakuk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 09, 2007 18:41 |  #8

DwightMcCann wrote in post #3012557 (external link)
Well, crud, that's too bad! I think there is a great forum for this sort of thing ... Experimental or somesuch so you might want to repost or get these posts moved over there! Obviously you did a grand job! Oh, so let's see your originals of the climber.

Oh come on. Had I posted it there without spoiling all the fun right from the start, that board would have asked me to move it here.

cheers
®

Virtual Exhibitions:

Richtherookie
Goldmember
1,034 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Apr 10, 2007 06:57 |  #9

I kinda wondered about the vine to the right, looked really big compared to the lead climber. But in michigan the only vine we have is grape and poison ivey! Oh ya and who needs rope, some of the greatest climbers (steve-o) didn't use rope.

Canon 40D, Rebel XT, Kit lens, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, 50mm F/1.8II, 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS USM

Trained to survive, willing not to.
www.haysphotography.ne​t (external link)

habakuk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 29, 2007 06:47 |  #10

If I'd see someone climbing on such a wall without ropes, I'd run away screaming, and certainly wouldn't have the nerve to take pictures.
:D

cheers
®

Virtual Exhibitions:

sponsored links

1,507 views & 0 likes for this thread
AMOS N°003 - climbing/2
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.