Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 13 Apr 2007 (Friday) 18:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Candlelight, Wine and Tears

tbird
104 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Apr 13, 2007 18:10 |  #1

First attempt with a model for a "mood" shot. Candlelight was the only light source in a dark room with a reflector to light up opposite side of her face. Model was able to produce real tears to fit mood of photo. Comments and criticisms welcome to help future attempts.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Tom G
Canon EOS 20D and 40D ~
EF 24-70 f/2.8 L
EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS ~ EF 100 f/2.8 Macro
www.molliebiscuit.com Thanks for visiting.

sponsored links
manipula
Cream of the Crop
5,290 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Apr 13, 2007 18:53 |  #2

Any model who can do that to cue, is either a decent actress as well or just plain gifted. Keep hold of her. I like the shot and the mood, though I actually find the glass distracting, and there's a hint of a purple tint to the nearside of her face?

Cheers, Dave.
www.manipula.co.nz (external link) :: Gear list for the nerds (external link) :: flickr (external link) :: ModelMayhem (external link)
:: insert scathing quip here! ::

Murphy66
Goldmember
1,074 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Apr 13, 2007 19:27 |  #3

Looking at her eyes, you can see the candle and the reflector.

My suggestion is to put the candle very close to her and the reflector back far enough to fill but not to over fill the candle. Perhaps the reflector should be next to the camera. To my eye, the far side of her face is brighter than the near side and that defeats the moodiness you're going for.

www.marcottephotograph​y.com (external link) is my port and my blog is www.studiomarcotte.com (external link)

kenyc
Cream of the Crop
15,521 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2005

Apr 13, 2007 21:11 |  #4

Well done and great model!

KAC

Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Page (external link) - Art Print Gallery (external link) - Blog (external link)
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

mntbikejack
253 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Apr 13, 2007 22:44 |  #5

Just a perfect photo that capture the emotion in detail.

Gear List

Titus213
Cream of the Crop
19,402 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 13, 2007 23:08 |  #6

Real tears? That's amazing and they came out very good. I really like the lighting and it's a good capture. The white balance looks a little too warm for my tastes.

Dave
Perspiring photographer.
Visit NorwoodPhotos.comexternal link

Hellashot
Goldmember
4,617 posts
Joined Sep 2004

Apr 13, 2007 23:11 |  #7
bannedPermanent ban

Too tight of a shot. You can hardly tell it's a wine glass and her eyes are too near the edge of the frame.

5D, Drebel, EOS-3, K1000
lenses from 12mm-500mm

Diilley
46 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Apr 14, 2007 02:24 |  #8

I like this one. Really sets the mood.

A wise man once said that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission

sponsored links

1,094 views & 0 likes for this thread
Candlelight, Wine and Tears
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.