Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 04 May 2007 (Friday) 19:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

SD cards for Canon's SLR's?

manipula
Cream of the Crop
5,290 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 04, 2007 19:45 |  #1

Thought popped into my head seeing as I'm about to buy yet more CF cards, making a total of about 12. Nikon have followed Pentax/Samsung in fitting SD cards to their lower end DSLRs, and the 1 series stuff has SD as a secondary slot, does anyone see all DSLRs moving over to SDs making my (admittedly lower these days) investment a bit of a short term option?

Cheers, Dave.
www.manipula.co.nz (external link) :: Gear list for the nerds (external link) :: flickr (external link) :: ModelMayhem (external link)
:: insert scathing quip here! ::

TGrits10
97 posts
Joined Mar 2006

May 05, 2007 00:35 |  #2

No, by the time the foreseeable future is over, your current CF cards will be obsolete. The foreseeable future has CF as a constant, with SD creeping in as an option more and more.

Or, to put it another way: IF compact flash is destined to go the way of the wooly mammoth, then it won't be before your current cards are rendered obsolete by the relentless advance of technology.

Juan ­ Zas
Goldmember
1,511 posts
Joined Aug 2005

May 05, 2007 13:49 |  #3

I have used SD cards in my 350D with an CF-SD adapter without problems for normal shooting (I run out off CF cards during one of my travels and the price of the CF locally was double than the SD for the same 1 or 2 Gb). Only problem is the write speed, it is not fast (I think is limited to x66 or less, although the actual speed looks slower), so if you need to shoot at FPS, it takes longer, specially when the buffer is overfilled, but works.

Cheers
Juan

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,195 views & 0 likes for this thread
SD cards for Canon's SLR's?
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.