Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 31 May 2007 (Thursday) 08:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What do you think???

Atl-Fotos
169 posts
Joined May 2007

May 31, 2007 08:58 |  #1

I have a venue which has provided me with leads that have turned in to signed contracts...

Should I take them flowers or a fruit basket or something else for sending me clients????

What do you think????

Ron
It's all fun & games until the shutter stops working....
My Website (external link)

sponsored links
jkloef
228 posts
Joined Sep 2006

May 31, 2007 10:02 |  #2

I was thinking about this very thing. I think that some venues are given a percentage of the booking (sort of a finders fee). I was also thinking of taking some generic photos of the venue all done up to give to them for advertising etc... or possibly putting a link for them on my website? Interesting thread for those of us who are just breaking into this...what is the appropriate etiquette here?

Krista
www.loefflerphotograph​y.com (external link)

BJ ­ Pulsipher
158 posts
Joined Jan 2005

May 31, 2007 10:38 |  #3

Send them pictures of the event you photographed which also displays the venue to advantage. Make sure your logo appears (small) on all your photos. Give them the 'ad' for free. I read on another forum that people refer people they like, not neccesarily the 'best'. Keep them liking you.

Atl-Fotos
THREAD ­ STARTER
169 posts
Joined May 2007

May 31, 2007 11:15 |  #4

Well since we are talking about proper etiquette...

If you are on a vendors list for a bridal consultant do you provide a stipend for the referral if it results in a signed contract?

Ron
It's all fun & games until the shutter stops working....
My Website (external link)

howzitboy
Goldmember
2,948 posts
Joined May 2007

May 31, 2007 14:48 |  #5

id give em cash! make it worthwhile for them to keep sending you the clients!! Nothing huge but just enough to make it so they dont forget u and that u appreciate the help.

http://onehourwedding.​blogspot.com/ (external link)

Ronald ­ S. ­ Jr.
Prodigal "Brick" Layer
16,482 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Aug 2005

May 31, 2007 15:02 |  #6

I would offer photography services to them. Some places don't like receiving actual gifts..they don't feel right about it. Also, getting cash can be awkward. However, a free photo session can be a nice favor.

Mac users swear by their computers. PC users swear at theirs.

mmahoney
Goldmember
2,789 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 31, 2007 15:13 |  #7

Atl-Fotos wrote in post #3296672 (external link)
I have a venue which has provided me with leads that have turned in to signed contracts...

Should I take them flowers or a fruit basket or something else for sending me clients????

What do you think????

Wow .. I'm a little surprised at the replies here. I often get referrals and do feel like showing my appreciation but feel cash or gifts is, well just a little too gangster for me.

I do try to reciprocate with referrals back to them when I can. For those who give cash, who do you give it to?
Mike

Newfoundland Wedding Photographer (external link)

picturecrazy
soft-hearted weenie-boy
8,565 posts
Joined Jan 2006

May 31, 2007 15:24 |  #8

Just build a working relationship with them that will benefit both! I've been approached by the biggest hotel in town as their preferred wedding photographer. They send people my way, I send people their way. Everybody is happy.

Cash is a no-no. Don't do that. Gifts and stuff are sometimes considered bribes and some companies have a flat out have a NO-GIFTS policy. A thank you card would do the job nicely.

-Lloyd
The BOUDOIR - Edmonton Intimate Boudoir Photography (external link)
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Studio Family Baby Child Maternity Wedding Photographers (external link)
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Headshot Photographers (external link)
Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link) |Instagram (external link) | Gear

islandphoto
Goldmember
2,358 posts
Joined Mar 2006

May 31, 2007 16:56 |  #9

if it's a coordinator - I give them a percentage and this is worked out before hand - if it is word of mouth from people I don't think anything is expected or necessary. If it is a place i would definately give them photos that they could use and like Lloyed said - build a good relationship with them.

THere was a previous thread about this and I think that refferals should be based on if people really feel like your work and service is outstanding - NOT because they will get a cut. I refer other vendors to brides and I don't expect anything from them. Does that make sense?

- Joanna
5D, 20D, canon 18-55, canon 70-200L f4, canon 24-70L, canon 50 1.4, 2 x Canon 580EX, 7GB of memory, omnibounce diffuser, photoshop 8
http://www.joannatano.​com (external link)

sponsored links

835 views & 0 likes for this thread
What do you think???
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.