Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 05 Jun 2007 (Tuesday) 23:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Please help SAE.

cocasana
126 posts
Joined Sep 2003

Jun 05, 2007 23:04 |  #1

Hi there! I'm required to send a CD with SAE. I presume it means Self Addressed Envelope, is that right?
The thing I don't know is: should that envelope be pre payed? Or is an envelope with the correct address enough?
Thank you so much,
Carlo

Canon 1D Mark III; Canon 17-40mm f/4L; Canon 24-70; f/2.8L; Canon 85mm F/1.2L; Canon 100mm; f/2.8 Macro; Canon 70-200mm f/4L; Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS; Gizo Carbon 6X; Manfrotto 322RC2. Mac.

sponsored links
ssim
POTN Landscape & Cityscape Photographer 2005
10,884 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Jun 05, 2007 23:08 |  #2

SAE = Self Addressed Envelope.

I would put postage on it.

My life is like one big RAW file....way too much post processing needed.
Sheldon Simpson | My Gallery (external link) | My Gear updated: 20JUL12

cfpackerfan
I love my tail!
51,606 posts
Joined May 2006

Jun 05, 2007 23:35 |  #3

ssim wrote in post #3328343 (external link)
SAE = Self Addressed Envelope.

I would put postage on it.

I would also put postage on it.
But technically, then it would be a SASE: 'self addressed stamped envelope' ;)

Cat -the femine feline with the namby arms. Loquacious, but not to a fault.
*Best post ever*  (external link)*Inspirations Photography* (external link) *Starfish Journal* (external link) *H.A.R.T.* (external link) <--clickety click!
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

cocasana
THREAD ­ STARTER
126 posts
Joined Sep 2003

Jun 05, 2007 23:46 |  #4

Thank you guys for your prompt reply. My problem is that I don't know how much British mail service would charge it (I live in Italy). I don't even know if they work with Fedex or Ups, ecc... I don't know what to do...!?

Canon 1D Mark III; Canon 17-40mm f/4L; Canon 24-70; f/2.8L; Canon 85mm F/1.2L; Canon 100mm; f/2.8 Macro; Canon 70-200mm f/4L; Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS; Gizo Carbon 6X; Manfrotto 322RC2. Mac.

kevin_c
Cream of the Crop
5,745 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Jun 06, 2007 14:21 |  #5

This site may be of use for the postal charges

www.royalmail.com (external link)

http://www.royalmail.c​om …tId=400023&medi​aId=400033 (external link)

-- K e v i n --

Nikon D700, 17-35mm, 28-105mm, 70-200mmVR, 50mm f/1.4
Canon EOS 3, 24-105L, 135L

Col_M
Goldmember
1,110 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jun 06, 2007 17:53 |  #6

In the UK a SAE means Stamped Addressed Envelope :)

I'm not sure how it will work as obviously to post in the UK you need British stamps, but you're in Italy and i don't know if they are readilly available there, could you include some form of payment in agreement with the sender to cover the postage (like a money order or cash)?
Failing that i'm sure some UK members could post you enough stamps if you reimbursed them. I would if i was still living there!

EDIT:

Just had a look for you and there is something called an International Reply Coupon (external link) which would probably work.

Col (short for Colin)

5D+Grip¦24-70L¦50 1.4¦100 2.8 Macro¦Sigma 70-200 EX DG¦430EX

cocasana
THREAD ­ STARTER
126 posts
Joined Sep 2003

Jun 08, 2007 08:26 |  #7

Col_M wrote in post #3332807 (external link)
In the UK a SAE means Stamped Addressed Envelope :)

I'm not sure how it will work as obviously to post in the UK you need British stamps, but you're in Italy and i don't know if they are readilly available there, could you include some form of payment in agreement with the sender to cover the postage (like a money order or cash)?
Failing that i'm sure some UK members could post you enough stamps if you reimbursed them. I would if i was still living there!

EDIT:

Just had a look for you and there is something called an International Reply Coupon (external link) which would probably work.

Thanks Col_M!!!!

sponsored links

989 views & 0 likes for this thread
Please help SAE.
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.