Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
Thread started 22 Jun 2007 (Friday) 07:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

F1 testing, Silverstone, 22nd June

andrewc
Goldmember
1,403 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jun 22, 2007 07:18 |  #1

Thankfully the rain was shortlived...

Good day out, lots of 'togs.

David Coulthard in the Red Bull

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i47.photobucket​.com …ndrewcliffe/cou​lthard.jpg (external link)

Nico Rosberg in the Williams

http://i47.photobucket​.com …ndrewcliffe/wil​liams1.jpg (external link)

Fernando Alonso in the McLaren - his broke down during the morning session

http://i47.photobucket​.com …6/andrewcliffe/​alonso.jpg (external link)

Felipe Massa in the Ferrari. He put it in the kitty litter. Twice...

http://i47.photobucket​.com …96/andrewcliffe​/massa.jpg (external link)

Scott Speed in the Scuderia Toro Rosso

http://i47.photobucket​.com …96/andrewcliffe​/speed.jpg (external link)

Rosberg again

http://i47.photobucket​.com …/andrewcliffe/r​osberg.jpg (external link)

Jarno Trulli in his Toyota. Was fastest for much of the day (but you don't know what they're testing - could be qualifying setup / long runs / new parts / tyre degredation checks...

http://i47.photobucket​.com …/andrewcliffe/t​rulli2.jpg (external link)

I don't normally do tilt shots, but was just experimenting, photos can get a bit samey otherwise... Alas some of my other experiments didn't work :(

All teams bar Honda and Super Aguri were there, Honda decided to test in Jerez. All teams had one car running, some with their race driver, others had a test driver - eg Renault were there with Nelson Piquet Jnr, BMW had Timo Glock, and Spyker had Christian Albers in the morning, but someone else in the afternoon.

For £ 10 per person, good value even for the non-F1 fan, even if you only get to go from Bridge through to Copse and not the whole circuit.

Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography • Facebook Entry • Canon EOS 7D / 50D / 40D / 24-105L / Sigma 100-300 f4 / 50mm f1.8 / Tamron 28-300 / 2x Canon 580EX2 flash / Interfit and Lastolite studio gear / Manfrotto supports / Lowepro Stealth Reporter AW650 and Computrekker

sponsored links
Standard ­ Browser
325 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jun 22, 2007 20:11 |  #2

andrewc wrote in post #3420128 (external link)
Alas some of my other experiments didn't work :(

Tell me about it :rolleyes:
Not quite sure about your tilt shots, and I can never decide if uphill or downhill is better

AMurrell
80 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jun 23, 2007 07:03 |  #3

Some good shots there.
I see you're from Norwich. I live just south of Norwich, do you shoot any other sports in the region, i.e. football/cricket/rugby​/speedway e.t.c.

Aaron Murrell
Gear
Canon 1D Mark III, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 LIS MK II, Canon 300mm f2.8 L IS, Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, 580EX Speedlite, Portable Studio

Alan ­ B
Goldmember
2,738 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2004

Jun 23, 2007 07:12 |  #4

Standard Browser wrote in post #3423547 (external link)
Tell me about it :rolleyes:
Not quite sure about your tilt shots, and I can never decide if uphill or downhill is better

Yeah you say that but when you flick through a official F1 magazine, there is alot of "Pro" shots giving that angle(none of the downhill, just uphill).

IMO there is to many people on this forum set in there ways of what other people say a shot should look like!.

You have a nice selection of shots from the day :cool:

andrewc
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,403 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jun 23, 2007 09:02 |  #5

Thanks for the compliments.

I always think that layout in the magazine is the job of the picture editor and the layout team - and it may be them rotating and cropping the picture and not the original photographer.

Aaron - I live in Thorpe but work in Mulbarton. My primary interest sports wise is motorsports, so combining two pastimes in one is nice. I also have a race license, and am off to Mallory Park tomorrow with a Formula 3 car - my brothers turn to drive though. I'll be there as 'team manager' and will also grab some snaps.
I'd like to have a go at non-league football and also Cricket.

Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography • Facebook Entry • Canon EOS 7D / 50D / 40D / 24-105L / Sigma 100-300 f4 / 50mm f1.8 / Tamron 28-300 / 2x Canon 580EX2 flash / Interfit and Lastolite studio gear / Manfrotto supports / Lowepro Stealth Reporter AW650 and Computrekker

AMurrell
80 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jun 24, 2007 04:14 |  #6

I live in Wymondham, and am trying to get in the football side of things. Have season ticket at Norwich. and used to take camera along, but will have to cut down my games there this coming season, due to likely photographic commitments. Non-league football wise, I have shot games at Wmondham, Dereham, Norwich City FC, and also Kings Lynn, and am hoping to get paid to shoot Lynn away matches this coming season. I have also shot cricket over at Brundall (Vauxhall Mallards).
Most non-league clubs in the region should be ok for you to shoot there (as proper tog, not a fan), just contact them and say you can provide images for their use in return to them letting you in.

Aaron Murrell
Gear
Canon 1D Mark III, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 LIS MK II, Canon 300mm f2.8 L IS, Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, 580EX Speedlite, Portable Studio

workingtog
24 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jun 25, 2007 12:00 as a reply to  @ AMurrell's post |  #7
bannedPermanent ban
SPAM PUT AWAY
This post is marked as spam.
Incomplete ­ Pete
563 posts
Joined Aug 2004

Jun 25, 2007 14:47 |  #8

Yea, never ever do that, it's likely to screw the working pros out of a living! Many clients often don't really care about the quality of images and will accept free stuff, something the guys doing it for a living really can't afford to do.

pumaknight
271 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jun 25, 2007 14:59 |  #9

nice shots - good value as well to see F1 cars in action (£10) I must get up there myself one day. Keep going with the tilt, once you get the hang of it, it will give you some real shots you are really ahppy with.

p.s. dont forget to post them so we can have a look :-)

Michael H
a journey to find a picture
www.tojustbe.co.uk (external link)

sponsored links

1,455 views & 0 likes for this thread
F1 testing, Silverstone, 22nd June
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.