Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 23 Jul 2007 (Monday) 09:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Does this bag exist?

keenasmustard
280 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Jul 23, 2007 09:11 |  #1

I'm about to go to Alaska and will be photographing wildlife among other things and I'm looking for a bag that will suit the "moist" conditions I'll be in and I'd like to be able to carry some sort of water supply.

Are there any other companies out there that make a bag like the Lowepro DryZone Rover? I'm looking for one that:
- has either a hydration system (water bladder) or easy ability to attach a water bottle (like the Think Tank 360)
- is preferably waterproof (like the DryZone) or has a waterproof cover (like the Think Tank 360 or the Kata bags)
- I've considered the Rover, the 360 and the Kata R-103, and none of them QUITE fit the bill.

The Rover might be a bit small, and I've read about difficulty with the zips being stiff, but everything else is perfect.

The 360 is a bit big, (I'm a small framed female, so this is a consideration). This one has the "rail" to add a water bottle, which would be good. Obviously not able to carry the same volume of water though. I wonder whether access to the water would be easier with the Rover? 360 has lots of cool features, but no ability to use it as a normal backpack if I want to- which you can do with the Rover.

I've always liked the Kata. I have the T212 and I'm aware that the two fit together- however I have tried them on together in B&H, and the system didn't fit me very well. The Kata doesn't have many outside pockets and I wonder if it's even possible to attach a water bottle pouch to these bags, as they are very streamlined and don't appear to have anywhere to attach one.

Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated.

My Gear

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

981 views & 0 likes for this thread
Does this bag exist?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.