Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 29 Jul 2007 (Sunday) 08:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New website - comments sought

Rokkorfan
256 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 29, 2007 08:58 |  #1

Hi all,

After many years as second photographer at a major city studio I have had a"seachange" and moved to a regional seaside area to set up my own studio.

As a part of this I have just finished building my website, and I would appreciate any comments on its ease of loading, professionalism of appearance, or any other relevant comments.

The site can be accessed here:

http://www.northcoastp​hotography.com.au/inde​x.html (external link)

Thanks in advance!

Antony

Professional wedding photographer based in Coffs Harbour, NSW Australia (external link)
Links: Website  (external link)| Blog (external link) | How to photograph a wedding (external link)

sponsored links
goforphoto
Goldmember
2,067 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jul 29, 2007 09:09 |  #2

Nice and clean looking site. You have very nice captures also. Flash gallery is a tad slow though. When putting together a site you should keep the ten second rule in mind, most visitors lose interest waiting for a site to load. Keeping a site to a low load time will make your visitors have a nice experience.

Just another shutterbug.
I am not a photographer, I'm an image capture technician.
Canon 40D - 70-200L f4, 28-135 IS, Nifty Fifty, 70-300 macro, 18-55 420EX Sunpak 266d

wilky95
658 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jul 29, 2007 10:08 |  #3

A very nice site cant fault it and the flash gallery works a treat.

Martin.

"I am an incompetent so ignore :p "
http://www.wightphotog​raphy.com (external link)

MrsOpie
Goldmember
1,014 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jul 29, 2007 17:25 as a reply to  @ wilky95's post |  #4

the site looks great but I would change the navigation wording from "services" to "pricing"

-OpieFoto
Salt Lake City Utah Wedding Photographer (external link)

Modern, Bold, Raw Emotion

Rokkorfan
THREAD ­ STARTER
256 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 30, 2007 10:16 |  #5

Ok, I have changed some images, made the menu items gifs, changed my pricing page to reflect a different model and done a couple of other minor changes.

I still need to alter the gallery so it appears more like the balance of the site (like a white border print) and also change the image on the Services page in the same manner.

That said, I am getting happier with it.

www.northcoastphotogra​phy.com.au/index.html (external link)

Professional wedding photographer based in Coffs Harbour, NSW Australia (external link)
Links: Website  (external link)| Blog (external link) | How to photograph a wedding (external link)

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jul 30, 2007 10:25 |  #6

Your Contact page is redundant.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

Rokkorfan
THREAD ­ STARTER
256 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 30, 2007 16:40 |  #7

cdifoto wrote in post #3636305 (external link)
Your Contact page is redundant.

I know - I need to put in a web contact form, just can't work out which to use yet. Thanks for the comment!

Banbert
Goldmember
1,514 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jul 30, 2007 17:23 |  #8
bannedPermanent ban

Rokkorfan wrote in post #3638760 (external link)
I know - I need to put in a web contact form, just can't work out which to use yet. Thanks for the comment!

Its definitely worth the effort though, I started off without one and its amazing how the enquiries jumped when I added the contact form ..... I guess some people just find it easier to bash stuff into a contact form rather than compose their own email.

When you do make a contact form dont make the same mistake I made and label the background fields as "name" "email" etc ... just call em 1, 2, 3 or something random on the back end otherwise you will be easy meat for the spam bots that auto complete them just like I was.

Warwickshire Wedding Photographer (external link) | Blog (external link) | My wedding Photography Videos (external link)
Warwickshire Wedding Info (external link) | My Apple Magic Blog (external link)
30D x 3 + grips / EF-S 10-22mm / EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 IS /EF 70-200 F2.8 L IS / EF 100mm Macro / Sigma 30mm F1.4 / 580EX / 430EX / 33GB CF Cards / 2 PC'S + laptop / CS2 / HP 1220C / Canon CP-710 / Graphire4 Classic XL Manfroto Tripod & Joystick Head / Mac Book Pro

sponsored links

1,632 views & 0 likes for this thread
New website - comments sought
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.