Sorry if this is old news, look almost like 1.0.9 but with minor different.
The new firmware for the Mark III should be generally available from: http://web.canon.jp/imaging/BeBit-e.html at 10am Tokyo time (GMT+9) July 31st. It includes the following improvements and fixes:
- Improves the look of images when played back on the LCD monitor.
Applies a slightly stronger sharpness setting to the LCD monitor when images are played back.
- Fixes for Main Dial response errors (Main, Quick Control, Vertical-grip Main).
Fixes a rare response error in the Main Dials in which they either did not respond when rotated or would change several clicks' worth even if only clicked once.
- Reduces the tendency to autofocus on the background instead of the main subject when shooting in AI Servo AF under certain conditions.
Reduces the tendency of the camera to autofocus on high-contrast backgrounds when shooting in conditions where AF detection is difficult, such as when the main subject is not completely covered by the AF frames or if the main subject's contrast is low.
- Corrects errors in the Italian and Simplified Chinese menu screens.
- Fixes a rare phenomenon in which the camera cannot start normally when the battery is inserted, such as after replacing the battery. This phenomenon sometimes occurred with the version 1.0.9 firmware when the battery was inserted into the camera due to the camera's communication timing. The occurrences were extremely rare, and abnormal operation could be fixed by reloading the battery. The version 1.1.0 firmware incorporates fixes for this phenomenon.