Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 12 Aug 2007 (Sunday) 14:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Ad to run in Shutterbug

thekid24
pro-zack-lee
8,545 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 13, 2007 11:02 |  #46

Livinthalife wrote in post #3719336 (external link)
Ok Morpheus :)

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Livinthalife in
./showthread.php?p=371​9336&i=i203093619
forum: Camera Rumors and Predictions

I must calm the rowdy bunch before they start girl slapping eachother....we musnt have that!!!

Next theyll start scratching and blood will be shed.

That would truley be a sad, sad, day

flickr (external link)

sponsored links
wilvoeka
599 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Aug 13, 2007 16:06 |  #47

Armed with the Stocking code for Best Buy I headed to my local shop and asked them about the 40D.

At first they had no comment, then I produced the stocking code and told the, to call best buy and ask them to check the code and see what they had to say.

After they got off the phone with Best Buy they called thier corprate headquarters and talked to the purchasing director. After about 10 minutes on the phone I was allowed to view a fax they sent while talking and then asked..."Do you want me to put you on the pre order list?".

So I pre ordered one( not for my self, my wife wants a new camera and has asked for a 30D). He told me I could probably expect it in the store on Sept 4th.

Citizensmith
Cream of the Crop
6,386 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2004

Aug 13, 2007 16:53 |  #48

wilvoeka wrote in post #3721116 (external link)
Armed with the Stocking code for Best Buy I headed to my local shop and asked them about the 40D.

So I pre ordered one( not for my self, my wife wants a new camera and has asked for a 30D). He told me I could probably expect it in the store on Sept 4th.

Did they have any other price points (body only, kit with 18-55, or such) aside from the kit with 28-135 thats been posted about.

My POTN Gallery, Complete gear list,
Tradition - Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

jwil
70 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Aug 13, 2007 17:50 |  #49

just connor wrote in post #3716485 (external link)
jwil, i can tell you with completely assuredness that *they* did not use that image from DPR.

Why hello, Mr. They.

http://www.jw-photo.com (external link)

Livinthalife
Cream of the Crop
5,118 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Aug 13, 2007 18:27 |  #50

thekid24 wrote in post #3719344 (external link)
I must calm the rowdy bunch before they start girl slapping eachother....we musnt have that!!!

Next theyll start scratching and blood will be shed.

That would truley be a sad, sad, day

I'm surprised boogies and mountain dews weren't thrown during the course of this little battle over the "40D"

-Andy-

justisnmnz
THREAD ­ STARTER
774 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 13, 2007 20:21 |  #51

jwil wrote in post #3721729 (external link)
Why hello, Mr. They.

Actually, no Connor is not my guy. But good try. :D

20d | 50 f/1.8 | 70-200 f/4L | Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 EX
www.jsimmonsphoto.net (external link) (under construction)

Flickr (external link)

AmericanFirst
526 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Aug 14, 2007 08:59 |  #52

Livinthalife wrote in post #3721903 (external link)
I'm surprised boogies and mountain dews weren't thrown during the course of this little battle over the "40D"

So what is this, the "riot" before the storm? We simply asked a complex question about a silly camera release and still have no clear response from people "in the know."

It's no wonder we have problems in the world ... it is a constant torment, if not by corporate greed and lust for world domination ... it's by religous zealots armed with video cameras and a need to be seen.

Just publish the camera's detail, Canon ... and let's put this needless speculation to bed.

AmericanFirst
It should read, "Buy American First"
-gear list-

CoolToolGuy
Boosting Ruler Sales
4,175 posts
Joined Aug 2003

Aug 14, 2007 09:14 as a reply to  @ AmericanFirst's post |  #53

This is the Canon way - their timetables are fairly predictable, but the true specs are under wraps until their announcement.

I would say the announcement will come this week (by 8/17) or next (by 8/24). The tip about the availability date at Best Buy also seems to be on the mark.

The date that Canon announces for availability is when they release them from the warehouse(s). The big buyers and/or those that go for fast shipping usually get them first. In the past, one retailer (Calumet, I believe) went to the warehouse and picked them up, rushed them to their stores, and put them on sale on Sunday.

This, as opposed to Ni*on, who announces a new camera in September, states that it will be available in February, and doesn't deliver until March.

You can bet that the new Canon will be on the shelves in plenty of time for Christmas.

Have Fun,

Rick

My Gear list

Livinthalife
Cream of the Crop
5,118 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Aug 14, 2007 09:24 |  #54

AmericanFirst wrote in post #3725178 (external link)
So what is this, the "riot" before the storm? We simply asked a complex question about a silly camera release and still have no clear response from people "in the know."

It's no wonder we have problems in the world ... it is a constant torment, if not by corporate greed and lust for world domination ... it's by religous zealots armed with video cameras and a need to be seen.

Just publish the camera's detail, Canon ... and let's put this needless speculation to bed.

that what makes it fun, everyone will speculate till then! ;)

I am really surprised how Canon keeps it a secret. I mean there must be thousands of people with their hands involved in the project, and the very most, all we can get is a ad picture. Amazing!

-Andy-

Citizensmith
Cream of the Crop
6,386 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2004

Aug 14, 2007 10:29 |  #55

Livinthalife wrote in post #3725351 (external link)
that what makes it fun, everyone will speculate till then! ;)

I am really surprised how Canon keeps it a secret. I mean there must be thousands of people with their hands involved in the project, and the very most, all we can get is a ad picture. Amazing!

Apple are known to release fake information to certain groups, that way if something leaks out they know where to start looking and people will lose their jobs. One of my friends is married to an Apple employee and he wouldn't even tell her what he was working on. Canon may do the same. It may also explain some of the conflicting rumours. :)

My POTN Gallery, Complete gear list,
Tradition - Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

Nortelbert
Goldmember
1,308 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 14, 2007 11:10 |  #56

AmericanFirst wrote in post #3725178 (external link)

Canon will.... when they release the product. It's not their job to monitor forums to make sure that people aren't upset about speculation.

Livinthalife
Cream of the Crop
5,118 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Aug 14, 2007 11:38 |  #57

Citizensmith wrote in post #3725727 (external link)
Apple are known to release fake information to certain groups, that way if something leaks out they know where to start looking and people will lose their jobs. One of my friends is married to an Apple employee and he wouldn't even tell her what he was working on. Canon may do the same. It may also explain some of the conflicting rumours. :)

That would explain some of this how people can get so bent out of shape. :)

-Andy-

Skippy29
Goldmember
1,100 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 14, 2007 12:40 |  #58

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA​!

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'text/html'

"I'm like a Slinky - not much good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see me tumble down the stairs" -iKirst

RedHot
992 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 15, 2007 23:50 |  #59
bannedPermanent ban

farrukh wrote in post #3714796 (external link)
The "40" seems too bright, may be bad PS job??

No it isn't too bright. The 30 or 20 or 5 is always brighter and bolder.

Lotto
Goldmember
2,747 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Aug 16, 2007 05:32 as a reply to  @ RedHot's post |  #60

A pic of my 20D in simular lighting.. I don't know...

IMAGE NOT FOUND
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

5D, 24-105L, 70-200L IS, 85mm Art, Godox

sponsored links

25,597 views & 0 likes for this thread
Ad to run in Shutterbug
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.