Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 20 Aug 2007 (Monday) 00:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 50D

cletus
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Aug 20, 2007 09:08 |  #16

carrigman wrote in post #3758342 (external link)
I confidently predict the 50D to be announced in August 2009. Anyone care to speculate on the specs?

Your maths is incorrect:

20D: September 2004 (when I bought mine)
30D: PMA 2006 (Feb/Mar) (when I yawned and struggled to keep my eyes open)
40D: September 2007

Gap of 18 months.

You should "confidently" predict the 50D for PMA 2009.

sponsored links
thekid24
pro-zack-lee
8,545 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 20, 2007 09:23 |  #17

cdifoto wrote in post #3758724 (external link)
I hope they finally include a pooper scooper. I was disappointed with the offerings this year.

I agree completely, that way we can scoop away all the bullsh!t that people spit out when arguing about the next camera in line...right?

Or at least thats my reasoning for wanting one.

flickr (external link)

Discov3ry
250 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Aug 20, 2007 09:25 as a reply to  @ cletus's post |  #18

It's going to be powered by a miniature version of a nuclear reactor, same as on aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines just slightly smaller. If not in use it can be connected to your house grid and you can sell the electricity back. Rumors say it'll cure cancer and possibly resolve global warming. In addition to the retina and fingerprint scanners it'll also analyze it's owner's fart chemical signature. Besides its not one but 12 116,000 megapixel sensors canon will introduce its first built-in lens (f/0 - f/120, 5-1200mm, USM IS ROFL LOL OKTHNXBYE). To preorder now you must sacrifice your firstborn to canon.

liza
Cream of the Crop
11,386 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 20, 2007 09:28 |  #19
bannedPermanent ban

cletus wrote in post #3760117 (external link)
Your maths is incorrect:

20D: September 2004 (when I bought mine)
30D: PMA 2006 (Feb/Mar) (when I yawned and struggled to keep my eyes open)
40D: September 2007

Gap of 18 months.

You should "confidently" predict the 50D for PMA 2009.

Darn! You beat me to it. Canon adheres to an 18 month product cycle, so PMA 2009 would be correct.

And the 50D will probably have everything on it, including the kitchen sink. :lol:

Elizabeth
Blog
http://www.emc2foto.bl​ogspot.com/ (external link)

Mum2J&M
Goldmember
3,429 posts
Joined May 2007

Aug 20, 2007 11:21 |  #20

I think they'll just build it into the iPhone but you will need a neck strap for the phone.

Cleo
50D
smugmug (external link)

SHULTSIE!!!
"Stonehenge wasn't too impressive"
3,964 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Aug 20, 2007 12:16 |  #21

It's rediculous how all the threads of the "rumors" and "leaks" of specs. It was almost a waste of time and space. Just wait for the damn thing THEN tell us how cool it is, condensed in one thread... suggestion only.

Justin
My Gear
My 15 minutes of fame... (external link)

thekid24
pro-zack-lee
8,545 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 20, 2007 12:31 |  #22

Shultsjh wrote in post #3761182 (external link)
It's rediculous how all the threads of the "rumors" and "leaks" of specs. It was almost a waste of time and space. Just wait for the damn thing THEN tell us how cool it is, condensed in one thread... suggestion only.

Mole people: Those who sit at the computer, checking different websites for any kind of 'specs' on the new cameras. Overanalyzing, questions, debating, guessing, arguing, suggesting to other mole people what it will be like.
Pixel peeping on the supposed photos of the new camera, suggesting bad photoshop techniques and giving ways to correct them, you know the ones that have no life.

But to add to your comment, then what would those mole people do if they waited for the camera to actually be released, debating over it is the only thing they have going for them?

flickr (external link)

Mum2J&M
Goldmember
3,429 posts
Joined May 2007

Aug 20, 2007 13:14 |  #23

Let's face it, everyone who's even reading these forums could be doing other things. Myself included. ;)

Cleo
50D
smugmug (external link)

EOS ­ Man
Happy Lucky 888 EOS
645 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Aug 21, 2007 03:21 |  #24

Discov3ry wrote in post #3760203 (external link)
It's going to be powered by a miniature version of a nuclear reactor, same as on aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines just slightly smaller. If not in use it can be connected to your house grid and you can sell the electricity back. Rumors say it'll cure cancer and possibly resolve global warming. In addition to the retina and fingerprint scanners it'll also analyze it's owner's fart chemical signature. Besides its not one but 12 116,000 megapixel sensors canon will introduce its first built-in lens (f/0 - f/120, 5-1200mm, USM IS ROFL LOL OKTHNXBYE). To preorder now you must sacrifice your firstborn to canon.

COOL!! That was exactly what my aunt's best friend's nephew's old classmate's pastor's mother's neighbor's dealer said it would be. I heard there will be a cheaper version which will only cost an arm and a leg (cost for amputation is separate)

My EOS Gearlist

Mum2J&M
Goldmember
3,429 posts
Joined May 2007

Aug 21, 2007 11:09 |  #25

Discov3ry wrote in post #3760203 (external link)

I already sacrificed my first born to Canon - and my second born for that matter, lol. ;)

Cleo
50D
smugmug (external link)

SHULTSIE!!!
"Stonehenge wasn't too impressive"
3,964 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Aug 21, 2007 14:04 |  #26

Shall we just refer to Canon as Rumplestiltskin?

Mum2J&M wrote in post #3767804 (external link)
I already sacrificed my first born to Canon - and my second born for that matter, lol. ;)

Justin
My Gear
My 15 minutes of fame... (external link)

Tubthumper
240 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Aug 23, 2007 04:13 |  #27

It's going to be red.

Canon 30D
Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5
Canon 55-250 IS
50mm f1.8 II
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/tubthumper/ (external link)

arogop
169 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Sep 05, 2007 17:26 |  #28

Tubthumper wrote in post #3779571 (external link)
It's going to be red.

And have a picture of spiderman on it!

AdamJL
Goldmember
4,365 posts
Joined May 2006

Sep 12, 2007 04:15 |  #29

Digic IV, 16mp FF with 10mp crop mode, 3.0 inch higher resolution LCD, MLU button (god, finally!), next-gen dust removal, 45 point AF, ISO 100-6400, boost from 50-12800, 8fps @ 16mp, 11 @ 10mp, face recognitiion, Live View with full AF, bigger viewfinder, proper weather sealing.

Gear

CoolToolGuy
Boosting Ruler Sales
4,175 posts
Joined Aug 2003

Sep 12, 2007 09:28 |  #30

cdifoto wrote in post #3758724 (external link)
I hope they finally include a pooper scooper. I was disappointed with the offerings this year.

Up till now I have been on an NDA, but I've chosen to break it - Canon be d*mned!

I've been testing just such a feature. Formerly known as a lens hood, the new kit version will do the job for most small-to-medium breeds. If you really want to be specific, Canon is developing a compatibility chart - Beagle = EF 35 f1.4L; Labrador = EF 100 f2; Standard Poodle = EF 135 f2L; Great Dane = EF 300 f2.8 L IS; St. Bernard = EF 400 f2.8L IS.

Of course, the recommended procedure is to detach the device from the lens before using it in its new capacity. And this is one case where the new device performs much better than a UV filter.

I have heard that Sonolta, Pentax, and Olympus are shaking in their boots, because they only have technology for in-body pooper scoopers, and the early tests have not been promising. . . :D

Have Fun,

Rick

My Gear list

sponsored links

24,960 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 50D
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.