Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 21 Aug 2007 (Tuesday) 20:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New Site

Transcendence
96 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Aug 21, 2007 20:55 |  #1

Ok my last web designer bailed on me before finishing my site so it has been sitting incomplete for several months. Here is the new format for my new site. Test images were chosen for the homepage so I do know the white balance is off on the far right image. That image will be fixed befor the site goes live. What do you guys think? None of the links work yet. Still working on the format before we add content.

Old Site - www.transcendencephoto​graphy.com (external link)
New Site - www.transcendencephoto​graphy.com/beta (external link)

spxxxx
Goldmember
1,151 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Aug 22, 2007 12:43 |  #2

I was about to say it looks too large to fit smaller screens without scrolling - then I reduced the window size and it alters the layout to fit - EXCELLENT

Nice clean front page - nice size images - less cluttered than your original - I like it

Simon Revill
Wedding Photographer (external link)

j5uh
101 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 22, 2007 13:30 |  #3

yes i agree, the width is alittle too big.
make it down to about 800x600 that is the standard.
also maybe bring the photos in closer together. too much white space.
also maybe incorporate using tabs instead of JUST text for menu buttons.
other than those, your on a good start.

ind-studios.com (external link) | Canon 350D/30D, 17-50 Tamron f/2.8 DiII, 18-55mm kit, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, 430ex Flash, Lowepro AW200 Bag, Computrekker Pro AW

B3SEO
783 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 22, 2007 13:40 |  #4

Phone number is missing on front page. Some people use 800x600 (760 suggested) as a screen size still. You are using elastic tables, which is okay to do.

Nice layout, some more text on the home page would help the search engines. Unless of course you don't want to have incoming business from the web.

change the page title also, for starters.

Step back please... I'm armed with a camera...

Transcendence
THREAD ­ STARTER
96 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Aug 22, 2007 20:31 |  #5

Thanks for the feedback. We should have the site complete by the end of the weekend. I am going back and forth between labprints and exposure Manager for our galleries. I will post again when it is finished so the whole site can be critiqued.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,002 views & 0 likes for this thread
New Site
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.