Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 07 Jul 2004 (Wednesday) 11:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My Minitrekker 10D Setup <-- Pic Inside.

abel
386 posts
Joined Mar 2004

Jul 07, 2004 11:33 |  #1

well after selling my Lowepro Naturetrekker because it was just way too big i decided on the minitrekker. it is a prefect fit right now and i wil have to do some rearranging once i get a 70-200L lens...

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

Abel Longoria
http://www.HoustonPoto​g.com (external link)

sponsored links
roanjohn
Goldmember
3,805 posts
Joined Dec 2003

Jul 07, 2004 11:45 |  #2

NICE!!!

Where does your long zoom fit in??

He he!!

Ro1

abel
THREAD ­ STARTER
386 posts
Joined Mar 2004

Jul 07, 2004 11:59 |  #3

well i dont own one so it fits nicely now... hehe.

once i get one i will rearrange it and remove some of the non essentials like the chragers etc etc.. ill carry those in another small bag.... :)

Abel Longoria

drisley
"What a Tool I am"
8,884 posts
Joined Nov 2002

Jul 07, 2004 12:15 |  #4

Wow, nice!
I need a new camera bag of some sort. Something that will fit a Rebel, 70-200 f2.8IS, 50mm f1.8II, 85mm f1.8, and one day either a 17-40L or a 24-70L, along with the 420ex flash.
I think that might work?
Great! Thanks again for the post.

EOS R - 50/1.8 STM - Sigma 35/1.4 Art - Sigma 85/1.4 Art - Sigma 14-24/2.8 Art - 70-200/2.8L Mark II - Godox Xpro-C - Godox TT685C x2

abel
THREAD ­ STARTER
386 posts
Joined Mar 2004

Jul 07, 2004 12:23 |  #5

no problem u could prolly get both the tripod and monopod to fit but i have only had my large tripod strapped to the outside.

there is a fold down pouch that drops down and u can place 2 of your tripod legs into and then there are 2 straps on the bag that allow u to strap down the tripod to the bag.

Abel Longoria

PacAce
Cream of the Crop
26,898 posts
Joined Feb 2003

Jul 07, 2004 12:41 |  #6

drisley wrote:
Wow, nice!
I need a new camera bag of some sort. Something that will fit a Rebel, 70-200 f2.8IS, 50mm f1.8II, 85mm f1.8, and one day either a 17-40L or a 24-70L, along with the 420ex flash.
I think that might work?
Great! Thanks again for the post.

drisley, I think that you'll probably have a hard time trying to fit all the items you mentioned above and the camera with the 70-200 f/2.8 mounted in the minitrekker. I have the tamrac expedition 4 which is a just a tad bigger than the minitrekker and all I can fit in their with the 70-200 attached to the camera is one flash and 2 other lenses, even with the shade for the 70-200 left at home. You probably want something bigger than the minitrekker although I do agree that the nature trekker might be a bit of an overkill.

...Leo

abel
THREAD ­ STARTER
386 posts
Joined Mar 2004

Jul 07, 2004 12:48 |  #7

yea it may be tough... wont have room for different accesories and such, i know the 70-200 will either fit mounted on my camera or on the side where i have those neoprene pouches are.

so lets say u have the 17-40 mounted like i do, have ur flash and 50mm placed where i do. then u have ur 70-200 on the side where my pouches are, that leaves your 85mm to sit pretty much where my filters are. i think they all will fit...

granted you will have issues carrying your hoods... thats for sure...

Abel Longoria

abel
THREAD ­ STARTER
386 posts
Joined Mar 2004

Jul 07, 2004 12:53 |  #8

heres someones from dpreview.com

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'text/html'

looks like it would work...

Abel Longoria

abel
THREAD ­ STARTER
386 posts
Joined Mar 2004

Jul 07, 2004 12:54 |  #9

another

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'text/html'

Abel Longoria

PacAce
Cream of the Crop
26,898 posts
Joined Feb 2003

Jul 07, 2004 13:22 |  #10

abel wrote:
yea it may be tough... wont have room for different accesories and such, i know the 70-200 will either fit mounted on my camera or on the side where i have those neoprene pouches are.

so lets say u have the 17-40 mounted like i do, have ur flash and 50mm placed where i do. then u have ur 70-200 on the side where my pouches are, that leaves your 85mm to sit pretty much where my filters are. i think they all will fit...

granted you will have issues carrying your hoods... thats for sure...

Oops, my mistake. It looks like I was comparing the internal dimensions of the minitrekker with the external dimensions of the expedition 4. Sorry! :oops:

Looks like the minitrekker actually will do a good job of holding all those lenses. Dang! I should have bought the minitrekker in the first place instead of getting the expedition 4. ?!

...Leo

BigRed450
635 posts
Joined Dec 2003

Jul 07, 2004 13:36 |  #11

I will have to agree with PacAce, I initially had the Tamrac Expedition 5 and returned it for the Tamrac 5259 Cyberpac 9. Same basic size as the Ex5, but deeper with more storage and a laptop pocket. It is designed as the complete Digital Photographers camera bag and briefcase. Awesome!
It also incorporates the SAS and MAS systems for add ons such as waterbottles larger lens cases, tripod straps,etc...

I will try to get a pic of it, later.

Jeff
CANON * EOS 1D MKIV * EOS 1D MKII *
* 100-400L IS, 300 f4L IS, 70-200 f2.8L IS, 24-70 f2.8L, 50 1.8 and alot of other gear.

JT Photographics (external link)

Ballen ­ Photo
Cream of the Crop
20,716 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Nov 2003

Jul 07, 2004 13:40 |  #12

Abel, This is VERY nice! Now, Please ship this set to me at..............
:lol: :lol: :lol:
.......Bruce

The Captain and crew finally got their stuff together, now if we can only remember where we left it. :cool:

jooka
35 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Jul 07, 2004 13:50 |  #13

Very nice. Good, organized bag.

abel
THREAD ­ STARTER
386 posts
Joined Mar 2004

Jul 07, 2004 13:53 |  #14

thanks guys!!!

also i would recommend people get a few of those soft cases that i am storing my accessories in....

they are Minolta Soft neoprene cases for their G500 camera. you can find them online for about $5 each and i can say they come in VERY handy!

http://www.adorama.com …a%20g500%20case​&item_no=2 (external link)

i have 6 and dont regret getting them at all!

Abel Longoria

OviV
Goldmember
1,129 posts
Joined Oct 2003

Jul 07, 2004 14:01 |  #15

You are way to damned neat. I'll have to post a picture of mine. Looks like it was handled by the gorilla in the old luggage commercials. I love my "mini" Trecker but I would hate to see the size of the "maxi" Trecker. ;)

5D, 40D, Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX, Sigma 15MM Fisheye,17-40 L, 24-105 L, 50 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Sigma 70-200 2.8, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS, 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 580 ex, Sigma 500 Super DG Flash x 2, too much other stuff to list.

sponsored links

39,587 views & 0 likes for this thread
My Minitrekker 10D Setup <-- Pic Inside.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.