Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 07 Jul 2004 (Wednesday) 19:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Show me your camera bag

79TAKid
351 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jul 14, 2006 13:36 |  #316

Hey I looked through most of the thread and mightve missed it, but could/did someone post pictures of the Tamrac 5371??

Aaron Hagen www.HagenRacing.com (external link)
GEAR:
Canon Rebel 350XT, Canon 18-55mm Kit Lens, Canon 50mm F/1.8,
Canon 70-200 F/4L, Opteka Grip, Tamrac 5371 Camera Bag, Olympus D-595 Zoom WTB: A bigger bag!!

sponsored links
keenasmustard
280 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Jul 14, 2006 16:43 |  #317

Wow Lcups that's an interesting looking bag. Can you tell me: Where it shows the camera body face down, is that with a lens attached, or will it only fit in like that by itself? If it is with lens attached, what size lens is possible? Any other bits of info/comments you could provide would be appreciated.

My Gear

Shoehorn ­ O' ­ Plenty
51 posts
Joined Aug 2004

Jul 14, 2006 17:22 as a reply to  @ post 1723841 |  #318

lcupps wrote:
Here's what I got... I love it! Holds up to 4 lens and my body, flash, cards and lens cloths, plus my laptop if needed.

nice how much was it?

Stealth_Fighter
100 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jul 15, 2006 17:38 as a reply to  @ post 1723841 |  #319

lcupps wrote:
Here's what I got... I love it! Holds up to 4 lens and my body, flash, cards and lens cloths, plus my laptop if needed.

What is the name of it?

Col_M
Goldmember
1,110 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jul 16, 2006 06:49 |  #320

I just went to ebags where lcupps pics come from and searched for the "case logic slr/computer backpack" and came up with this ;)
http://www.ebags.co.uk …l/index.cfm?mod​elid=57080 (external link)
I'll charge my search service to your respective paypal accounts and email you an invoice :p;)

Col (short for Colin)

5D+Grip¦24-70L¦50 1.4¦100 2.8 Macro¦Sigma 70-200 EX DG¦430EX

michael_
Goldmember
3,450 posts
Joined May 2006

Jul 16, 2006 10:29 |  #321

hmm for me if i ever use a backpack i will use my big camping back pack and put an old camera bag within it so i can carry clothes as well, its extremely comfortable and the weight distribution is even so would suit me and i could pack the tripod and what not inside the bag, i am a big guy though so its not an issue carrying things but thats just me.

this is the bag i have same model/brand/style just mines about 8 years old and a different colour

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
MIME changed to 'text/html' | Content warning: script

ichael ... (external link)
vettas media (external link) (me) | myGear (all my equipment) | sportshooter (external link) (my sportsshooter member page)

lcupps
49 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Jul 17, 2006 12:11 as a reply to  @ keenasmustard's post |  #322

keenasmustard wrote:
Wow Lcups that's an interesting looking bag. Can you tell me: Where it shows the camera body face down, is that with a lens attached, or will it only fit in like that by itself? If it is with lens attached, what size lens is possible? Any other bits of info/comments you could provide would be appreciated.

Yes, you can have a lens attached in that position, my 50 fits just fine. None of my zooms though, they're just too bulky. However, I usually pack those in the bottom compartments just dandy.

My usual pack is the 50 on the body, with the 28-135IS and the 17-40 on one side (below) and the 70-200 standing on the other side. (the dividers below are repositional/removable​.) My flash can ride with my 70-200, or in one of the side compartments. I'm still a newbie with my camera, so I probably don't *need* to pack all this, but I never know what I'm going to be shooting, and I'm still learning the how's and whatnots of all of my gear.

I have a Dell Inspirion Laptop that fits easily in the back compartment. It has fabulous padding throughout the sholders and across the back, the straps are curved inward for comfort throughout the collarbone/upperchest area.

All in all, I'm *very*satisfied with this rig. I'm disabled, so any weight bearing in the upperbody can be difficult, and I can pack this rig fully loaded for quite a distance with no discomfort.

Shoehorn O' PlentyQuote:

nice how much was it?

It was a birthday gift from my husband, but I know it was about $99.00. (shhh, don't tell him I looked.)

Stealth_FighterQuote:

What is the name of it?

It's a Case Logic SLR-Computer Backpack. A friend of mine bought one, (she has a comparable set-up to mine) and after seeing and testing her's I was mad for one.

---------------
**edits welcome**
There is not a day, that I do not learn.

Leah Cupps
Canon 20D, 17-40 L, 70-200 f/2.8 L, 28-135IS,
85mm f/1.8 USM, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 420EX Speedlight
Sigma 170-500 f/5-6.3, Sigma 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5...

the ability to reach into Dad's camera bag at will:lol:

leemik
118 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jul 25, 2006 21:45 as a reply to  @ lcupps's post |  #323

n00b here .. what better way to introduce myself than to show you what's in my bag :)

IMAGE: http://static.flickr.com/68/198496785_333f0a89c5_o.jpg

my gear (external link)| my flickr (external link)

DxHatchback
Goldmember
1,378 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jul 26, 2006 01:59 |  #324

^^^ Welcome!!

Edit: DOH! I can read.

Andrew M. Revels, Jr. | 1D Mark II N | 28-75 | 70-200

Buy my Tamron 28-75 for cheap!

BIGTUFFGUY
Goldmember
2,252 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Aug 10, 2006 22:23 |  #325

crumpler: whickey and cox From Mom & Dad & Sister for my 24th b-day

IMAGE NOT FOUND
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

so far i'm super happy with this bag. I've only had it for a day but i'm able to fit a ton of stuff in it. my 15" laptop.
my XT w/ grip on. plus 2 short lenses. my rocket blower, and other odds and ends. Its a super comfortable bag too!

Gear List + Feedback

SalientGlass
Goldmember
2,357 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Aug 12, 2006 01:54 |  #326

I took this when someone was asking about Pelican cases so I thought I'd throw it up here as well. This is the Pelican 1550 with what I keep in it:

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

chromewaves
193 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Aug 12, 2006 19:14 as a reply to  @ SalientGlass's post |  #327

I currently use a Timbuk2 messenger bag stuffed with whatever Domke inserts I need for hauling my gear around.

IMAGE: http://static.flickr.com/92/213556632_dbadd13cff.jpg?v=0

Notes on the full-on setup are over on my Flickr account: http://flickr.com/phot​os/chromewaves/2135566​32/ (external link)

http://www.chromewaves​.net (external link)

jrjphoto
355 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Aug 12, 2006 20:23 as a reply to  @ chromewaves's post |  #328

Here's mine: A standard large Canon camera bag.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Jason R. Johnston, Photographer
Texas, USA | My Portfolio (external link) | My Gear

steveathome
Goldmember
2,174 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Aug 13, 2006 04:31 |  #329

Just an observation.
I am a little suprised how many of you pack your camera bodys either on their base or rear panel up. My style is to have the camera on its side with the grip up, to enable the camera to be pulled from the bag quikly with one hand and quite securley with the hand holding the grip.

bufferbure1
458 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Aug 13, 2006 11:27 as a reply to  @ steveathome's post |  #330

steveathome wrote:
Just an observation.
I am a little suprised how many of you pack your camera bodys either on their base or rear panel up. My style is to have the camera on its side with the grip up, to enable the camera to be pulled from the bag quikly with one hand and quite securley with the hand holding the grip.

Because the velco materials could scratched the camera? That's what I find for some bags. Here's mine with Lowepro Ex180:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

"I collect pictures, not gears..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lenscode:1635.1785.50f​18.100Macro.70200F4IS.​580EX.30D.5D2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sponsored links

4,636,512 views & 328 likes for this thread
Show me your camera bag
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.