Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 07 Jul 2004 (Wednesday) 19:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Show me your camera bag

Juan ­ A
301 posts
Gallery: 72 photos
Joined May 2009

Mar 31, 2020 20:23 |  #6541

This was my bag on a recent outing. This in my Thinktank Backlight 26l I also have a Backlight 36l when I want to take way too much stuff with me.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

My kit : Canon EOS R and 7DmkII, RF 24-105mm f/4 IS L, EF‑S 17‑55mm f/2.8 IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM, EF 70–200mm f/2.8L IS III, EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, Sigma 35mm Art f/1.4, Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX II, 580EX II. Gitzo GT2542 and RRS BH-55, Think Tank MindShift Gear BackLight 36L Tamrac Expedition 5, Crumpler 7MDH and Tamrac Aero 3385.

sponsored links
John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
10,391 posts
Joined May 2003

Apr 06, 2020 06:53 |  #6542

Somewhat related: see https://petapixel.com …r-pete-souzas-camera-bag/ (external link) for a video showing the contents of a White House photographer’s bag.

lucky7
Goldmember
2,912 posts
Gallery: 181 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 06, 2020 06:58 |  #6543

Domke F-5XC.
Mamiya 645 Pro / 85mm f2.8.
Minolta X-700 / MD 35mm f1.8.
Extra film / batteries underneath in the lower compartment.

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49741588308_5eae887269_h.jpg

All of my cameras will fit in this bag, so depending what I want to take out for the day, it's always changing. I bought it for a trip to Mexico City where I took my X100F and GA645i. The last trip to Mexico City I took the X100F and X-700. Really like my Domke bags, I just wish it was an inch or so wider. I don't ever lug around extra lenses.

-Dane
20/20 vision.
https://blog.nomorefak​enews.com (external link)

Trey ­ T
994 posts
Joined May 2009
Post edited 6 months ago by Trey T.

Apr 14, 2020 22:00 |  #6544

-Lowepro Event 150
-Canon 7Dii
-Sigma 50 art & 18-35 art
-Canon RT 430ex and 600ex
-Charger in the side pocket
-Spare AA batteries in the other side pocket
-Flap allow choice of Velcro or plastic buckle

I used to have a larger messenger bag like the Event 250, used for Euro travels but that was too big. This setup works adequately, no excess.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Lt ­ Colonel
728 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Dec 2013

Apr 27, 2020 21:09 |  #6545

My MindShift 36L. I've really enjoyed this bag, especially when shooting bears and swans out of the truck. Bought it here from a fellow POTN'er. I used it this past year as my carry-on for a trip to Bosque. At 60, its a bit heavy lugging all the gear (500 F4 V1) you see here and some through the Atlanta Airport. This year if the we're able to and I can afford to travel, I'll pack a roller! Not only is it a great bag, its not black. Makes it a bit easier to pick out in a crowd. ;-)a

HOSTED PHOTO

5DIII, 6D, 7D2, 5DMKIV,1DMK4,EOS-M,1DX
https://woodawg.smugmu​g.com/ (external link)

By-tor
Goldmember
3,702 posts
Gallery: 1034 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 28, 2020 03:46 |  #6546

A lot of very heavy bags in here. My back thanks me for not owning one.

I was worried my everyday kit wouldn't fit in a Peak Design 6L everyday Sling bag, but to my surprise it fits fine. Didn't want to have to move up to the bigger 10L sling.

Fujifilm:
X-Pro3 w/35 f1.4 mounted
X100V
16 f2.8
50 f2

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Fujifilm: X-Pro3, X100V, 16mm f2.8, 34mm 1.4, 50mm f2, Canon 300mm f4 IS w/Fringer EF-XF Pro II, Canon 10-18mm
All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players performers and portrayers. RUSH!!

filam
585 posts
Gallery: 327 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2011

Apr 29, 2020 05:04 |  #6547

Current layout for landscape work. I have the 600mm f4 for wildlife. I will change it about to fit it in by removing the mindshift filter pouch and 16-35l depending on my trip. I don’t tend to mix the two

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon 1DX 5Dmk3 Canon 600mm f4L IS
Canon 70-200mm f4L IS Canon 50mm f1.8II
Canon 16-35mm f4L IS
Gitzo GT5532S Tripod - Wimberly WH-200 mkII
https://www.instagram.​com/hongleungphotograp​hy/ (external link)
https://www.instagram.​com/hongleungwildlifep​hotography/ (external link)

bobadrunk
31 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2019

May 17, 2020 19:14 |  #6548

My absolute favourite (and first!) bag: Peak Design Sling 5L. Currently carrying an EOS R with an RF 24-70mm F/2.8L. Looking to see how an RF 35mm would fit in there attached and hopefully a future RF 50mm 1.8 for a light/worry free setup!

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

sawsedge
836 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Dec 2011

May 23, 2020 20:38 |  #6549

Here is my favorite camera backpack, the Atlas Athlete. This is for people with smaller kits. I like the origami core. In this image it is set for a minimal landscape kit. It is large enough that I can fit my 100-400 mounted with hood ready when the origami core is pushed in. Being so thin/shallow, it keeps the weight close to my back. It also forces me to choose the lenses I take with me, reducing weight. I have the heavy duty Adventure hipbelt, which is by far the most comfortable I've used from any maker, including hiking packs.

Atlas also makes a larger, deeper Adventure model for those who need to carry more.

HOSTED PHOTO

- John

peter_n
Goldmember
2,472 posts
Joined Apr 2010
Post edited 6 days ago by peter_n. (2 edits in all)

Oct 12, 2020 12:00 |  #6550

A shallow f-stop ICU inside a waterproof Ortlieb Atrack 35: Leica M2-R body and four Leica lenses, Gossen Digipro F meter and four rolls of B&W Agfa APX 100ASA film. A regular f-stop ICU will will also fit in this bag. Plenty of room for food and clothes on top, deep outer pockets on either side for water and tripod feet.

HOSTED PHOTO

~Peter

vision35
360 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Nov 2007
Post edited 6 days ago by vision35.

Oct 13, 2020 20:03 |  #6551

Pelican case when traveling.
For closet storage metal ammunition boxes work great.
Just place the lens in its cloth pouch and into the ammunition box.
Clean microfiber cloths can be used for padding when not traveling.

HOSTED PHOTO

sawsedge
836 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Oct 14, 2020 23:23 |  #6552

peter_n wrote in post #19137439 (external link)
A shallow f-stop ICU inside a waterproof Ortrieb Atrack 35: Leica M2-R body and four Leica lenses, Gossen Digipro F meter and four rolls of B&W Agfa APX 100ASA film. A regular f-stop ICU will will also fit in this bag. Plenty of room for food and clothes on top, deep outer pockets on either side for water and tripod feet.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by peter_n in
./showthread.php?p=191​37439&i=i202705385
forum: Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases

When you say "regular f-stop ICU", do you mean the pro models (about 6.5" deep)? How do you find the comfort vs other packs?

- John

peter_n
Goldmember
2,472 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 15, 2020 22:26 as a reply to  @ sawsedge's post |  #6553

Yes the regular f-stop ICUs are 6.5in deep John. I've only worn the Ortlieb a couple of times so far and all my other bags are f-stop Mountain Ajnas and Gurus. Difficult to judge on the comfort because I carry lighter equipment in the f-stop bags than the all-metal rangefinder gear that's in the Ortlieb. Also the Ortlieb packs are TMP and this is my first experience with that too. I like the camera gear at the bottom because my hips carry the load and the waist belt is very good on this pack. You can vertically move the two suspended mesh back panels very easily by sliding them up and down a thin rail. It's very easily configured for a good fit. On the basis of two tryouts I suspect that this pack may be more comfortable than my f-stops in the long run. I go to Ireland a lot as I have family there and that's why I bought this pack; it rains a lot there. Also it folds completely flat when empty so it can go in my Shimoda roller bag and take up virtually no room.

~Peter

sponsored links

5,045,528 views & 412 likes for this thread
Show me your camera bag
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.