Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 17 Sep 2007 (Monday) 07:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

G9 availability UK

radiohead
Goldmember
1,372 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Sep 17, 2007 07:54 |  #1
bannedPermanent ban

Does anyone know if this is available yet in the UK?

:)

Guy Collier Photography - Documentary Wedding Photographer (external link)
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
"It's no good saying "hold it" to a moment in real life." - Lord Snowdon
My kit

sponsored links
sootyvrs
924 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Sep 17, 2007 09:41 |  #2

Just ordered mine from Cameras2u. The website says they are due in tommorrow. I have phoned them and they said they are expecting a batch of 200 this evening and there are 40 on back order.

I think the 200 is shared between Jessops, Tecno & Cameras2u as they are all part of the Jessops group companies.

Gear List :D

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=385680

radiohead
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,372 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Sep 17, 2007 09:51 |  #3
bannedPermanent ban

Thanks very much - I'll give them a try I think.

"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
My kit

Mr. ­ Brightside
317 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 17, 2007 10:12 |  #4

Hmmmm, just tried them and they said "within ten days".

Which isn't overly helpful...

Ah well. I'll try them tomorrow morning and leave my Amazon order on until then.

sootyvrs wrote in post #3947261 (external link)
Just ordered mine from Cameras2u. The website says they are due in tommorrow. I have phoned them and they said they are expecting a batch of 200 this evening and there are 40 on back order.

I think the 200 is shared between Jessops, Tecno & Cameras2u as they are all part of the Jessops group companies.

I guess now I've turned to Sony I am an Alpha-Male. Did have a blast with Canon though : )

Mr. ­ Brightside
317 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 19, 2007 05:26 as a reply to  @ Mr. Brightside's post |  #5

Hope you got yours SootyVRS.

I ordered from cameras2u early yesterday morning after being assured the stock was arriving that day and that I had been allocated one.

Phoned this morning to find out that they got rid of all the stock and even though I had been catagorically assured I would get one posted that they didn't and it would be another ten days.

Great service. Not.

So, phoned pixmania, £328, on it's way via UPS.

I won't be using Cameras2u again, I don't like being lied to.

I guess now I've turned to Sony I am an Alpha-Male. Did have a blast with Canon though : )

radiohead
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,372 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Sep 19, 2007 05:28 |  #6
bannedPermanent ban

Exactly the same story here (cameras2u) - have just cancelled the order.

wd-40, how long will the pixmania delivery take?

My kit

sootyvrs
924 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Sep 19, 2007 05:38 |  #7

Didn't get mine either as I've just checked online.

Not sure to cancel or not as I'm in no rush for one as I have my G7 still.
I can only think that they didn't get the full 200 in one delivery....

alkady
234 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Sep 19, 2007 12:57 |  #8

radiohead wrote in post #3962070 (external link)

Pixmania delivery is usually a couple of days of course depending on what service :) i find there isnt much between the Ups service sorry DHL and the Pf so i just hang on for that :) I got mine from Pix i ordered from them as soon as it was announced it was listed for £400 nearly! but now its £324! i paid 328 so not worried better than paying 397 :)
be a few days as i am paying by finance b p l :)

Angie,
Jackie Chan & Neil Finn ()Fan
CANON Eos 70D CANON18-55stm kit,Tamaron 16-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC , CANON EF-S50mm1.8 stm & CANON EF-S 10-18 mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM ,S5 is & G9,:lol: and various Bits n Bobs sx1 IS vs sx10 IS hmmm which one shall I choose???

Mr. ­ Brightside
317 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 20, 2007 01:34 |  #9

radiohead wrote in post #3962070 (external link)

48 hrs max if you order before 10am (otherwise add a day) and go for £12 delivery.

radiohead
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,372 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Sep 20, 2007 01:51 |  #10
bannedPermanent ban

Great stuff - thanks

My kit

sootyvrs
924 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Sep 25, 2007 06:08 |  #11

Just checked Cameras2u and they now have them back in stock but the price is now reduced to £316 to when I ordered it a week a go.

I phoned them to see if they will let me have it for the now cheaper advertised price. They said no because that was the price when I ordered, even though they had no stock when they told me that they were getting them in next day!

Anyhow, I have now cancelled my order. Not sure to order again, now that I have the Raw hack working on the G7...

TrevorLittlewood
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 25, 2007 12:51 |  #12

sootyvrs wrote in post #4002662 (external link)
Just checked Cameras2u and they now have them back in stock but the price is now reduced to £316 to when I ordered it a week a go.

I phoned them to see if they will let me have it for the now cheaper advertised price. They said no because that was the price when I ordered, even though they had no stock when they told me that they were getting them in next day!

Anyhow, I have now cancelled my order. Not sure to order again, now that I have the Raw hack working on the G7...

I've been waiting on C2U for a G9 since 3 Sept. I too saw that...

a) They were showing 'In Stock' on their website today.
b) The new price of £316.50.

I phoned them.....

Yes, my back order was getting one of the G9 cameras that had come in......

but they needed to re-take my credit card details - they hadn't contacted me to tell me this! Would they have?

But here's the important bit. Dealing with another photo company a few weeks ago on this issue of changed prices, I phoned my local trading standards office and asked how things operate. Iwas told....

If you make a credit card order and goods are not in stock if they take the money from your credt card straight away they have to supply at the quoted price. If they don't charge your card straight away, but wait until goods are in stock, they can/must charge the new price.

Obviously that can work both for you and against you - it depends what happens to the price in between.

I asked at C2U if I would get the new lower price and like Sooty was told no! But when I quoted the above, the salesperson put me on hold and came back after a short time to say they would cancel the original order make a new order and supply at the new, lower price!

I was assured that my G9 will be delivered tomorrow!

I'll report back.

Trevor.

sootyvrs
924 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Sep 26, 2007 02:07 |  #13

TrevorLittlewood wrote in post #4004688 (external link)
But here's the important bit. Dealing with another photo company a few weeks ago on this issue of changed prices, I phoned my local trading standards office and asked how things operate. Iwas told....

If you make a credit card order and goods are not in stock if they take the money from your credt card straight away they have to supply at the quoted price. If they don't charge your card straight away, but wait until goods are in stock, they can/must charge the new price.

To be honest, I was in 2 minds re. G9 as now I can use raw with my G7.

As far as I know, they did not charge my card until it was in stock and the G9 was set to dispatched on my order albeit not sent out yet.

The thing that is stupid about not allowing me to have it at new price is that it was probably more hassle for both of us to cancel the order, which is what I did and then just re-order it at the new price! Waiting a couple more days wouldn't bother me either....

I have decided to hang fire for now and continue to use my G7 plus CHDK RAW facility for now.

TrevorLittlewood
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 26, 2007 11:01 as a reply to  @ sootyvrs's post |  #14

Reporting back on yesterday's posting....

My G9 came today just as Cameras 2U said it would.

First impressions are of a high quality piece of equipment.

The size of the monitor is striking after three and a half years of using a G5, and it seems so vulnerable - I'd liked to have had the movable/rotatable one that's on the G5 but in all fairness I rarely reversed it for protection. It was useful though for near to the ground macro shots.

Battery charged rapidly.

Zoombrowser 6 installed easily without any need to uninstall the earlier version.

Image download is very rapid.

A gripe though - the accompanying SD card - 32Mb. that's ludicrous on a 12 Mp camera with RAW capability!

Trevor

alkady
234 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Sep 26, 2007 14:27 |  #15

TrevorLittlewood wrote in post #4011332 (external link)
Reporting back on yesterday's posting....

My G9 came today

A gripe though - the accompanying SD card - 32Mb. that's ludicrous on a 12 Mp camera with RAW capability!

Trevor

WOW cool let see some pics mine has yet to come :( and your right its so stoopid these firms sell high class high consumption equipt yet they supply minut cards :o:(:rolleyes:

Angie,
Jackie Chan & Neil Finn ()Fan
CANON Eos 70D CANON18-55stm kit,Tamaron 16-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC , CANON EF-S50mm1.8 stm & CANON EF-S 10-18 mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM ,S5 is & G9,:lol: and various Bits n Bobs sx1 IS vs sx10 IS hmmm which one shall I choose???

sponsored links

3,656 views & 0 likes for this thread
G9 availability UK
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.