Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 19 Sep 2007 (Wednesday) 02:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

bmx bmx bmx bmx bmx

corterlifecrisis
645 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Sep 19, 2007 02:04 |  #1

I don't usually shoot riding a lot, mostly just ride and hang out, but tonight I decided to throw up some flashes and see what I could do. The rider is toldey on this forum. First one's how I wanted it, not a crazy trick but a good thing to learn timing on. second one's going to be reshot with a table out of the wallride, it got to late to keep trying em tonight. crit and such needed and taken for sure. Thanks all!

IMAGE: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1259/1406279810_49c37100e6.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1411/1405391721_aba66213d1.jpg

Gear.Blog (external link).Photos (external link)"Doesn't mother nature make a war look silly?"

sponsored links
Sheldona
248 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Sep 19, 2007 03:01 |  #2

I really like the shadow on Number 2,
The tree on the left of number 1 is distrascting for me, if it had a tighter crop it would be a nice pic.

Thanks for sharing.

Sheldon
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/sheldona (external link)

leitch
Goldmember
1,495 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 19, 2007 05:03 |  #3

Sheldona wrote in post #3961651 (external link)
I really like the shadow on Number 2,
The tree on the left of number 1 is distrascting for me, if it had a tighter crop it would be a nice pic.

Thanks for sharing.

pretty much exactly my feelings. really like number 2, it will make a great photo with a taybo (or even turndown if he can :p) out of it. look forward to seeing it shot again.

number one doesn't do it for me. nice lighting and a good ice (grind or stall?), but the tree or whatever it is in the way on the left is really distracting.

~Andrew~
Canon 5D | Canon BG-e4 | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L | Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L | Canon EF 135mm f/2L | Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 | Speedlite 580ex II | Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2 | Giottos MT 9360 with Manfrotto 488 RC2
take a look at my blog (external link)flickr (external link)

TristanCardew
917 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Sep 19, 2007 06:25 as a reply to  @ leitch's post |  #4

Number two is pretty cool, if he was either totally on the wall, or totally in the air with a taybo. Nice use of flashes. Looking forward to seeing more:D

WWWTRISTANCARDEWCOM (external link)

corterlifecrisis
THREAD ­ STARTER
645 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Sep 19, 2007 08:24 |  #5

thanks guys. #1, it's a pedistal thing that I hid a flash behind. I know a lot of people don't like foreground stufff but I was experimenting with it. Angle wise, there are only so many ways to shoot a bench (it's a grind, the whole bench) and this seemed the most interesting.

#2 is just a light check, you're right with the totally off the wall thing. the lightings set up so when he comes off the wall there's no shadow. problem was the transitions about 6 feet in radius, so he was popping off the wall super fast and couldn't keep his balance. we're gonna reshoot, he'll get it soon i think.

thanks for the input!

Gear.Blog (external link).Photos (external link)"Doesn't mother nature make a war look silly?"

22wannabe
Mostly Lurking
14 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Sep 19, 2007 13:46 as a reply to  @ corterlifecrisis's post |  #6

I don't mind the stuff in the foreground of shot #1 actually. To me, it feels less composed. Sort of the way a passer by might see it. That second one is a tricky wall ride. There are two more curved walls not far from there I could show you. Both shots on Comm ave. Allston/Brighton have some jems if you scout around. Are you new to Boston?

I own Timeless (external link) over in Cambridge and try to shoot as often as possible (when not riding). Swing by and hop in on the many rides heading out of here. We can show you some other good spots.

-Jody

corterlifecrisis
THREAD ­ STARTER
645 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Sep 19, 2007 14:58 |  #7

oh, that's cool! i'm not new to the city, just to allston. my place is like 2 blocks from that wallride, behind shaws.
I'm not very good so i couldn't ride it but tony there in the photo probably would love more wallrides. the tranny is so tight on that wall, he was trying to table out of it (which is what the photo will hopefully eventually be) and kept shooting out and almost falling super hard. we'll stop by for sure, I need help with my pedal anyways. thanks for the crit

cosworth
I'm comfortable with my masculinity
10,930 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Sep 19, 2007 15:19 |  #8

Although I don't ride anymore, I'd still get back on teh horse for a curved wall ride ANY DAY. Those rock. Especially with full 180 40 foot radius curves.

The wallride shot really speaks to me. Dig it.

people will always try to stop you doing the right thing if it is unconventional
Full frame and some primes.

sponsored links

1,730 views & 0 likes for this thread
bmx bmx bmx bmx bmx
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.