Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 25 Sep 2007 (Tuesday) 22:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Official Crumpler Bag Review Thread

ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Nov 17, 2010 22:36 |  #856

I think I'm going to try to sell my Crumpler bags; 8MDH, Brazillion Dollar Home, Karachi Outpost, so I can get just a nice big bag on wheels to carry all my heavy gear in. When I pack up my lenses and camera gear, its just too heavy for these Crumpler bags, they look awesome but just so heavy.

I think I want to roll now and have it all kind of "plane" ready, even though I don't travel much.
But I like having all the gear in compartments ready to be found easily. Something I'm not getting with my organization of my Crumplers.

I will be keeping my Crumpler Tallee (small walk around bag) and Dreadful Embarrassment (laptop) bags however.

sponsored links
ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Nov 18, 2010 14:50 |  #857

Anyone interested in a 8MDH, Brazillion Dollar Home or Karachi Outpost, PM me, I'll make a good deal.

_aravena
THREAD ­ STARTER
isn't this answer a stickie yet?
12,458 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Nov 18, 2010 16:33 |  #858

What color is your 8MDH?

Last Shot Photography
My Site (external link) ~ Gear List ~ Bag Reviews

ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Nov 18, 2010 22:01 |  #859

_aravena wrote in post #11308497 (external link)
What color is your 8MDH?

I have the Black with Green interior, the newest version.

_aravena
THREAD ­ STARTER
isn't this answer a stickie yet?
12,458 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Nov 19, 2010 17:56 |  #860

Hm.... i really want the brazillion but the 8MDH suites my needs.

Last Shot Photography
My Site (external link) ~ Gear List ~ Bag Reviews

ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Nov 20, 2010 04:14 |  #861

I sold the 8MDH, now all I have are my Brazillion and Karachi and Tallee.
I'm going to get that ThinkTank Airport Takeoff so I wonder if I still really need these bags?

x3ntaur
105 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Nov 20, 2010 04:29 as a reply to  @ ChrisMc73's post |  #862

I've got two Crumpler bags.

1) Jimmy Bo 400
2) Messenger boy 4000

Both fantastic bags. I have used the Jimmy Bo more than the Messenger boy 4000 due to it being more portable and convenient on the short trips I've been on. However, I can only fit one lens which is not so good. However, with the Messenger Boy 4000 I can fit my xsi with kit lens, 50mm, spare battery, remote release, giottos rocket and possibly a Sigma 70-300 APO which I'm waiting for delivery soon.
I can post up some pics to show how these look if needed.

Canon rebel xsi (450D), Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS,
Tamron 55-200mm f/4-5.6, Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO, Raynox DCR-250, Yongnuo YN-465, Yongnuo YN-460 II

IcyJ
81 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 17, 2010 08:30 as a reply to  @ x3ntaur's post |  #863

What bag would be suitable for a 7D with a 24-105 F/4L mounted plus other pieces of random junk like a Macbook, a drink, and some other stuff? I was thinking of the backpack but now I'm wondering if the shoulder bags would do the job just as well. I really want something that doesn't look like a camera bag. Thanks!

flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

-spam-
I heart the title fairy
7,703 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Dec 18, 2010 23:34 |  #864

IcyJ wrote in post #11468352 (external link)
What bag would be suitable for a 7D with a 24-105 F/4L mounted plus other pieces of random junk like a Macbook, a drink, and some other stuff? I was thinking of the backpack but now I'm wondering if the shoulder bags would do the job just as well. I really want something that doesn't look like a camera bag. Thanks!

You could easily fit it all in the 7MDH but you would have to play with the dividers to make a pocket for the macbook. Other than that, have a look at the 8MDH which is an awful lot taller than the 7MDH but comes with a laptop pocket from the get go.

I don't think a 6MDH would be big enough for the laptop. Haven't tried it yet with mine though.

Carp - flickr  (external link)- Blog log (external link) - Get Crumpled
You say tomato, we say 1/125 @ f/5.6

ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 08, 2011 09:49 |  #865

I finally sold all my Crumpler Bags, had some nice ones too...
http://www.flickr.com …ctions/72157625​975100132/ (external link)

But not because I don't like Crumpler, in fact, they are my favorite bag when it comes to design, style, looks, colors, etc...I just wasn't using them well as they didn't fit my shooting style. I will forever be a Crumpler fan, and will continue to follow their production and new models. I might buy some more in the near future, but for now I have sold my stock and will use ThinkTank bags.

If you are considering Crumpler, please don't take my liquidation sale as a negative. Crumpler makes an awesome product, I suggest you try them out. I was unfortunate to not have a local store that sold Crumpler, so I had to purchase and try out and then eventually decide to keep or not to keep.

Crumpler gets my vote as a great company and great bags.

My only gripe is I wished there were a way to purchase bags that are made for Europe and vice versa, I don't like that there are certain bags available in certain countries only...why not allow us to buy any bag they design?

Savas ­ K
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 08, 2011 12:21 |  #866

I recently visited one of New York's two Crumpler retail stores. All the photo gear bags are laid out in its goodness, ready to fill with gear for a test run.

ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 08, 2011 12:25 |  #867

Savas K wrote in post #11802140 (external link)
I recently visited one of New York's two Crumpler retail stores. All the photo gear bags are laid out in its goodness, ready to fill with gear for a test run.

Yeah wished I had that luxury. Might have saved me from making a few extra purchases, but it was cool to get to know/hold the bags in person. They always exceeded my expectations when they arrived. I just couldn't get used to them with my style for some reason.

eelnoraa
Goldmember
1,798 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 08, 2011 13:57 |  #868

I have had 2 Crumpler before, 5 & 6 MDH. I have sold them both since they don't really suit my usage. IMO, there is some design flaw in this series of bag. But don't get me wrong, Crumpler makes exellent quality bags, very sturdy, lot of protection for the gears. They are also very stylish, not looking like camera bag is definitely a plus.

5Di, 5Diii, 28, 50, 85, 16-35II, 24-105, 70-200F2.8 IS

ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 09, 2011 07:54 |  #869

eelnoraa wrote in post #11802741 (external link)
I have had 2 Crumpler before, 5 & 6 MDH. I have sold them both since they don't really suit my usage. IMO, there is some design flaw in this series of bag. But don't get me wrong, Crumpler makes exellent quality bags, very sturdy, lot of protection for the gears. They are also very stylish, not looking like camera bag is definitely a plus.

Yeah that is what initially attracted me to them, they were pretty discrete when it came to looking as if I had camera gear.

montroyal
220 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jul 17, 2011 07:09 |  #870

great thread

i was looking for some info about crumpler bags

i used to own the 5MDH for my 7D and i lost it :(

now i have a 5d Mark II with 28-70, and a flash, thinking of getting a second lens (a prime or maybe a zoom)

i was wondering if this would fit in a 6MDH because i don't wanna go for the 7 million, too big

thanks a million :)

Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 24-70 2.8L, Canon 70-200 4L IS, Canon 17-40 4L, flash Canon 430EX II

sponsored links

305,827 views & 0 likes for this thread
Official Crumpler Bag Review Thread
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.