Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 07 Oct 2007 (Sunday) 14:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

do i need a press pass?

VladDracule
637 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Oct 07, 2007 14:37 |  #1

Hello all i was wondering if you need a pass to shoot the US womens soccer team. im assuming the answer is yes but i just want to be sure.

Of course i wouldnt expect to be on the field with a pass but is it even likely theyll allow my 40d past the gates?

is that up to the team or the venue?

The Reason that i ask is because im going to one of the US/Mexico games that they are touring around with

Canon 40D, 70-200 f/4L, 28-135 IS, 50 f/1.8

dmwierz
Goldmember
2,376 posts
Joined May 2005

Oct 07, 2007 17:00 |  #2

Why do you want a "press pass"? Are you shooting for pleasure or are you a member of the working media? Which game are you planning on attending?

Since you ask "is it even likely theyll allow my 40d past the gates?" it sounds like you're going to be in the stands anyway.

Like all of these questions, it doesn't matter what anyone on this or any other board tells you, the only opinion that matters is that of the credentialing body. Since these matches are under the auspices of US Soccer, more than likely this is the organization that will be controlling access for working media.

I just shot the US MNT Vs. Brazil match in Chicago last month, and credentials for this match were issued to a wire service for whom I shoot, and they were issued by US Soccer. Try by going here and registering:

http://www.ussoccer.co​m/services/index.jsp.h​tml (external link)

Odds are, unless you are "working media", you won't be approved for credentials, but it probably doesn't hurt to ask.

http://www.denniswierz​bicki.com (external link)
http://www.sportsshoot​er.com/dmwierz (external link)

Dennis "
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand."

VladDracule
THREAD ­ STARTER
637 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Oct 07, 2007 17:03 |  #3

yeah im going to be in the stands.

id be shooting for pleasure, not for any type of public media.

im attending the US womens vs mexico match in abq new mexico...next week i think it was?

Canon 40D, 70-200 f/4L, 28-135 IS, 50 f/1.8

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

989 views & 0 likes for this thread
do i need a press pass?
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.