Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 24 Oct 2007 (Wednesday) 20:07
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Grrr...

tehshocker
279 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Oct 24, 2007 20:07 |  #1

Took this of the Ex GF couple of nights ago. Anyway, I used the Factory Camera Flash since I'm a poor student and can't afford a flash yet.

Lens: 50 f/1.8

Aperture: f/2.8
Shutter: 1/60
ISO: 100

NO pp was done at all

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

And for original here is the link:

ORIGINAL (external link)

thanks

-JT

website (external link)| nigthlife (external link)| Twitter (external link)|Utah Wedding Photographer (external link)

sponsored links
OL9245
Goldmember
1,777 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Oct 24, 2007 20:35 |  #2

you did well wit light with the conditions you described. The pose is a little weird. dont sound angry at all. just look unpleased to heve been shot. or perhaps she was telling something while you shot.

Gear list. Photoshop tips and tricks I've learned here at POTN.
English is not my native language. Once and then, I can make funny sentences :shock:
learn more about my avatar

forbiggs
393 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Oct 24, 2007 20:40 |  #3

Lighting's a bit harsh, but great focus on the eyes.

Canon EOS 7D, 580EX, 2 Photoflex light domes, 4-STUDIMAX III 320ws AC/DC strobes, half dome reflector; Tamron 28-75, f2.8; Tokina 11-16, f2.8; Canon 55-250, f4-5.6; Canon 70-200, f2.8

jtull01
349 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Oct 24, 2007 20:46 |  #4

Ouch, she does not look happy about you snapping the camera in her face. As far as technique, the exposure looks fine, even with the camera flash. Detail is crisp, color is good (great hat) and all is in focus. As far as that pose, I took the liberty of trying to make it a half a smile!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Practice, practice, and practice some more, and when you think you have got it right, start over.

HighPixel
Goldmember
2,052 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2007

Oct 24, 2007 20:58 |  #5

The ex huh? I'd make it present.;-)aNice!
HP

Canon EOS-1DMk.III
| Canon EOS-5DMk.II / BG-E6 | Canon 70-200 2.8LIS Mk.II | 24-70 2.8L | 16-35 2.8LII | Just all kinds of crap...|RonBaltazar.com (external link)

tehshocker
THREAD ­ STARTER
279 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Oct 24, 2007 21:38 |  #6

HighPixel wrote in post #4186188 (external link)
The ex huh? I'd make it present.;-)aNice!
HP

Thanks for all the comments

Ex as of yesterday :rolleyes:

And the main focus was to catch her eyes and she refused to give me a normal smile :(

website (external link)| nigthlife (external link)| Twitter (external link)|Utah Wedding Photographer (external link)

whiskaz
Goldmember
1,503 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Oct 24, 2007 22:46 |  #7

You're supposed to be posting far worse pics of her if she's your ex lol :)

Good shot though given what you had to work with!

Jeremy | Gear List | EyeDigress - A Photoblog (external link) | blinkphotography.net (external link)

"This aggression will not stand, man."

tehshocker
THREAD ­ STARTER
279 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Oct 25, 2007 01:40 |  #8

Thank you all.

Also whats the best place to purchase a "adequate" flash for my level of flash knowledge?

sponsored links

1,009 views & 0 likes for this thread
Grrr...
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.