Hi all. I recently bought the Cactus V2s(1 transmitter, 2 receivers) from Gadget Infinity. Link can be found here:
As you can see, the description said it is compatible with a Sigma EF-500 DG ST. So here's what I did.
- I set the transmitter channel to 1-2(both on)
- I set the receiver channel to 1-2(both on)
- Inserted battery into receiver
- Mounted the Sigma onto the receiver
- Turn both Sigma and receiver on
- Press test button on the transmitter
I see the red LED blink on both receiver and transmitter but the Sigma did not go off. I tried mounting the transmitter onto the 30D and tried various shutter speeds to see if i can get the Sigma to flash but no luck. I tried different settings on the Sigma such as TTL, ML, and MH with no luck.
Strange though that the Cactus V2s works fine on my Dad's Canon 580EX. So I'm at a stump on what to do and asked if anybody had any problems with getting the Cactus V2s to work on a Sigma EF-500 DG ST.
I did send an email to Gadget Infinity. So hopefully they would respond back. I also checked google and various sites but they all related to the Sigma EF-500 Super which didn't really help me.