Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 07 Nov 2007 (Wednesday) 22:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Where is the best place to print business card?

flawlessly
233 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Nov 07, 2007 22:30 |  #1

I need some comments on this, as I find some are cheap, and some are out of the line. Tell me how to like yours...

Gear List

sponsored links
PhotosGuy
75,867 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Nov 08, 2007 08:47 |  #2

VistaPrint did a good job on mine. And they're always, like almost every day, running "free" specials. :D

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

cccp145
261 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 08, 2007 15:50 |  #3

overnightprint.com is a pretty good company too

trantz
120 posts
Joined Sep 2007
Location: Detroit, Windsor, Kitchener or Toronto, sometimes all in the same day

Nov 08, 2007 17:38 |  #4

Vista print is ok, but not great compared to a local printer (NOT kinkos). Talk to most any professional designer, and they'll discourage you from vistaprint. Furthermore, ask a designer what local print shop they could recommend.
For anything like photography, your business card is your storefront. if you cut costs anywhere, don't cut them here.

troy shantz is trantz photography
Portfolio (external link)

5D+BG, 20D+BG, 350D+BG -- 24-70 2.8L, 50 1.8, Sigma 12-24 -- ST-E2, 420EX, 550EX -- a few tricks up my sleeve

stathunter
"I am no one really"
5,635 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Nov 08, 2007 18:50 |  #5

There are TONS of places to print cards. I have used many and prefer the quality of my local (more expensive) printer.

Scott
"Do or do not, there is no try"

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Nov 08, 2007 18:53 |  #6

cccp145 wrote in post #4279424 (external link)

Spectacular cards, IMHO. Mine is simple but the print quality and card stock they use is gorgeous. It doesn't bend freely like most cards...just screams "quality".

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

Ken ­ Robertson
Cream of the Crop
5,430 posts
Joined May 2005

Nov 08, 2007 22:30 |  #7

martin business cards look good

Canon 1ds Mark III
Canon 70-200IS L 2/8, 24-70L 2.8, 50mm 1.4

PhotosGuy
75,867 posts
Joined Feb 2004

Nov 09, 2007 08:45 |  #8

Talk to most any professional designer, and they'll discourage you from vistaprint.

Full color, the price is right, & I pass them out like popcorn to the car guys here. I have other cards for ADs, & others for special purposes. Who ever said that we should only have one all-purpose card?

swimchic
Goldmember
1,378 posts
Joined May 2007

Nov 09, 2007 09:07 |  #9

PhotosGuy wrote in post #4276969 (external link)
VistaPrint did a good job on mine. And they're always, like almost every day, running "free" specials. :D

I got some from Vista & was very disapointed...I had to have them re-printed because they weren't printed straight...then they still came back bad...threw them out, and am going to try Mpix, I think...

-Jeni
My Website (external link) - My Blog (external link) - Flickr (external link)
5D Mark II - 24-70 - 100 Macro - 580 EX II - 430 - Radio Poppers - CS4

PhotosGuy
75,867 posts
Joined Feb 2004

Nov 09, 2007 09:36 |  #10

...then they still came back bad...threw them out,

Complain again. Nobody is perfect. It's not like you have something to lose?

resqd1
306 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 13, 2007 21:31 |  #11

Are you desiging yourself or having them designed, I use a printer that has wowed me from day one. I build business cards for people here locally and have had awesome reviews based on what the customer wanted and got. They can be full color Glossy front and back, or color front and bw back. Tell me a little more about what you are thinking

my eyeball and a camera :)

CanonXtiDude
238 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Nov 14, 2007 01:50 |  #12

well how about some facts on why vista print sucks? I use them and my cards are spectacular complements on it constantly. Their foil process is great and who can beat their price? No one! The local printers have to say they are no good to stay in business.

trantz wrote in post #4279942 (external link)
Vista print is ok, but not great compared to a local printer (NOT kinkos). Talk to most any professional designer, and they'll discourage you from vistaprint. Furthermore, ask a designer what local print shop they could recommend.
For anything like photography, your business card is your storefront. if you cut costs anywhere, don't cut them here.

Claire
Ikea Wannabee
8,181 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Nov 14, 2007 08:39 |  #13

cccp145 wrote in post #4279424 (external link)

Do they ship internationally?

My Photo Website - (external link) | My Flickr gallery (external link) | Photography Blog (external link) | My Twitter account (external link) | Become a Fan on Facebook (external link)
"You too, could easily look like that if you had a squad of mad geeks fussing over you with retouching software"

resqd1
306 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 14, 2007 10:38 |  #14

Canon xti dude, if I pm you my address will you mail me one of your cards to compare to what i get done from my printer, I think that the stuff I use for my business is top notch, but if vista print is doing a better job then my print shop, I would like to know. Thanks

my eyeball and a camera :)

trantz
120 posts
Joined Sep 2007
Location: Detroit, Windsor, Kitchener or Toronto, sometimes all in the same day

Nov 14, 2007 12:35 |  #15

CanonXtiDude wrote in post #4312561 (external link)
well how about some facts on why vista print sucks? I use them and my cards are spectacular complements on it constantly. Their foil process is great and who can beat their price? No one! The local printers have to say they are no good to stay in business.

I'm glad you were happy with them. Maybe your the exception though. Why take a risk with your business cards?
Here's a forum with a whole lot of people who aren't happy with Vista Print.
http://forum.abestweb.​com …ve/index.php/t-87085.html (external link)

but hey, if you want to go with them, go ahead. I for one know I wouldn't put them in charge of promoting my company.
Your image and first impression is all you have sometimes. why would you leave that huge responsibility to an inferior company?
One more thing -- local print shops have high prices for a reason -- they do a better job.

troy shantz is trantz photography
Portfolio (external link)

5D+BG, 20D+BG, 350D+BG -- 24-70 2.8L, 50 1.8, Sigma 12-24 -- ST-E2, 420EX, 550EX -- a few tricks up my sleeve

sponsored links

12,010 views & 0 likes for this thread
Where is the best place to print business card?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.