Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 16 Nov 2007 (Friday) 07:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Model shot...would value your opinions

peacock
Goldmember
1,919 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Nov 16, 2007 07:34 |  #1

Hi
Had a shoot with a proper model for the first time as opposed to family /friend etc. This is my favourite but there are things I'm still not happy with , would appreciate any thought you might have and does it look overdone re.pp
thanks
John

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://img.photobucket​.com …_3138bobbifinul​t3r800.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

Just started populating a site with snaps @
www.3cakes.co.uk

sponsored links
Benji
Goldmember
2,205 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Nov 16, 2007 10:36 |  #2

I hate being the first to respond because everyone wants nice things said about their images and I almost never have anything "nice" to say. So I will be almost nice :-)

The lighting on her face is quite nice. Unfortunately your red kicker has spilled onto her neck and part of her cheek which really attracts the eye.

Take another look at the image. What is the first thing you see? Her two large white wrists. To prove this scroll down just far enough to crop them out and see what happens. These are the brightest areas in the entire image and are what attracts our eyes immediately. What should we see? Her beautiful face. Also the wrists are directly across from one another making them look like ears.

I have a free tutorial on posing and lighting.

Benji

http://photocamel.com …les-good-portraiture.html (external link)

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Nov 16, 2007 10:44 |  #3

Benji wrote in post #4326912 (external link)
I hate being the first to respond because everyone wants nice things said about their images and I almost never have anything "nice" to say. So I will be almost nice :-)

The lighting on her face is quite nice. Unfortunately your red kicker has spilled onto her neck and part of her cheek which really attracts the eye.

Take another look at the image. What is the first thing you see? Her two large white wrists. To prove this scroll down just far enough to crop them out and see what happens. These are the brightest areas in the entire image and are what attracts our eyes immediately. What should we see? Her beautiful face. Also the wrists are directly across from one another making them look like ears.

Benji

I agree with Benji.she is a gorgeous girl, I bet with a wicked smile and her arms down, she would be fabulous!

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

peacock
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,919 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Nov 16, 2007 11:26 |  #4

Benji wrote in post #4326912 (external link)

Benji

Hi Benji
totally agree with what you've pointed out and I saw this myself yet still like it ??? hey ho , can I also just say that as a newbie to this ( first time with a model and more than 2 lights) I have enjoyed and learned so much from your input here and @ photocamel( as a lurker)and your tutorials .
best wishes
John

Flo wrote in post #4326960 (external link)
I agree with Benji.she is a gorgeous girl, I bet with a wicked smile and her arms down, she would be fabulous!

Indeed she is gorgeous and so much more its so different shooting an experienced and helpful model.
regards
John

www.3cakes.co.uk

charger912
844 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Nov 16, 2007 14:32 |  #5

I'm going to have to agree with Benji about the white wrists. I think a short sleeved shirt would of had less of an distracting impact. I don't like the red highlight either. Other than that, I think you're off to a good start! ;)

I need a catchy sig? Ehhh, I've got nothing...

www.blue-photos.com (external link)

peacock
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,919 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Nov 16, 2007 15:15 |  #6

charger912 wrote in post #4328154 (external link)
I'm going to have to agree with Benji about the white wrists. I think a short sleeved shirt would of had less of an distracting impact. I don't like the red highlight either. Other than that, I think you're off to a good start! ;)

I too agree about the wrists , I'm also a touch annoyed with myself because despite it being my first real attempt I am fully aware of whats gone wrong , and I've spent a long time reading and borrowing years of knowledge posted on the net from the likes of Benji . It was a great learning experience and will be of great benefit for the next time . I posted here because I needed frank views , I think im more willing to accept/be blinkered to the issues as its MY first go and I put so much into making the face perfect .
best wishes
John

www.3cakes.co.uk

jdvita
48 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Nov 25, 2007 20:03 |  #7
bannedPermanent ban

Looks like there's a magenta color cast there to me.

sponsored links

1,508 views & 0 likes for this thread
Model shot...would value your opinions
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.