Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 01 Dec 2007 (Saturday) 21:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

night club photos (NWS)

this thread is locked
Chairman7w
Goldmember
1,261 posts
Joined May 2009

Feb 27, 2010 15:06 as a reply to  @ post 9690995 |  #9481

Less DJs, more dancing freaks. :)

sponsored links
bitteraspects
475 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Feb 27, 2010 17:17 |  #9482

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i18.photobucket​.com …itteraspects/p0​l9965l.gif (external link)

photogger
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 27, 2010 17:52 as a reply to  @ post 9691088 |  #9483

Some recent Club photos in Chicago.
I have to work with what I have, no wide angle, low-end flash, no flash diffuser, low end lens. Even so, I'd appreciate comments/critique. I'm a n00b.

IMG NOTICE: [NOT AN IMAGE URL, NOT RENDERED INLINE]

Shea.Flynn
496 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 27, 2010 18:03 as a reply to  @ photogger's post |  #9484

HEYYY! another Chicagoan welcome! I still haven't been able to get any of my flashes fixed yet, I tried changing out the broken flash tube but I ended up electrocuting myself, that was loads of fun. So last night ironically enough I was forced to shoot all pop up. To be honest I didnt mind it as much as I would have thought I would. I found that yes the asthetic value of the photograph drops, but it allows you to caputre some moments you wouldnt nessisarly catch if I had been walking around with my two flashes. O and Hernan stopped by.

IMAGE: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4005/4393573096_b349ecbe03.jpg
IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2782/4393573462_5492f19df0.jpg
IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2803/4392804951_112d55f680.jpg
IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2707/4393573644_209236751b.jpg
IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2795/4393573738_d4447fba31.jpg
IMAGE: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4393573794_51d1e957c5.jpg
IMAGE: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4057/4393573542_85d56a8e5e.jpg

Shea Flynn
WWW.DABLACKSWAN.COM
Flickr (external link)
T3i, Canon 30D/grip, A2/grip
17-40mmL F4, 28mm F1.8, 85mm F1.8

Default ­ this
319 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Feb 27, 2010 18:46 |  #9485

Gonna be @ Vanguard tonite. Pretty excited to go. SOULMATIC is back tonite.
Got Richard vission, David Garcia, Starkillers LUciana performing (i like that)
static revenge, should be a pretty amazing night.
Only thing is... i hope i perform to the best i can haha
(can NOT have a bad night)

WEB: www.MichaelHernsin.com (external link) | Follow me @: twitter.com/michaelher​nsin (external link) | FB: facebook.com/HERNSIN (external link)

NorCalNomad
Goldmember
1,074 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Feb 27, 2010 18:53 |  #9486

Default this wrote in post #9696528 (external link)
Gonna be @ Vanguard tonite. Pretty excited to go. SOULMATIC is back tonite.
Got Richard vission, David Garcia, Starkillers LUciana performing (i like that)
static revenge, should be a pretty amazing night.
Only thing is... i hope i perform to the best i can haha
(can NOT have a bad night)

interested

...screw listing gear,it just sets up preconceived notions...but if you must link (external link)

NorCalNomad.com (external link)
Industrial Design Portfolio (external link)
$15 Targus Monopod Review

Living ­ Daylight
387 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 27, 2010 18:59 |  #9487

What would you guys say is the best photo sharing site? I just had a job come up at a trade show/awards ceremony at my mom's company. I'm not getting paid for it (favour for mom + a bit of publicity) but I'm hoping to sell a few prints/licenses to the companies that will be there.

My question is, what site should I direct them to? I should have time monday to get a business card printed.

Also open to any other suggestions. I know this is now night club, but there is a lot of wisdom on this thread that I would like to capitalize on.

Canon XS; Tamron 17-50 IS; Sigma 55-200; Nifty Fifty; 430EX

Rukes
394 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Feb 27, 2010 19:23 |  #9488

pod_canon wrote in post #9695067 (external link)
Hahaha. Was he a megasite person or just a punter who got past security somehow? I remember back when Mansion supposedly enforced "photographer quotas". For reasons I'd rather not get into, me and the Frenchies don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, so I set foot in the venue maybe once a year. But, back when I ran the shop for a megasite, I would give it the ol' college try to dispatch one of my minions to their events. Was shot down because: - They had an "in house" guy who farmed out his photos accordingly, to mass media outlets. - They didn't see the value in megasite exposure. Neither do I, nowadays, but back then I was drinking the Kool-Aid. Fast forward four years. Now, I look around, anyone with a good excuse gets in the door, and you can easily reference megasites and find Mansion photos. Fads change, yes, but I think it's hilarious. It's why I decamp across the bridge every Saturday (There's a reason "Saturdays Belong to Space"). They actually consult me on press matters, and yeah they let a megasite in the door, but it's pretty much "required" these days. If I was a club owner I'd certainly not pass up on access to half-a-million emails. I know what you mean too about crowded booths and stages. With certain DJs, yeah whatever, it's just some idiot and his Macbook (hipster DJs), but when you get to a certain level of DJ, "rock rules" need to be in effect. Stage should be verboten except for a quick dash and grab for the epic shot. No loitering. In (fire!) out!

I really wish I knew, I can't find any of the pics online. Had to have been at least a regular since he was taking pics before Deadmau5 went on and even though security was told no photogs on stage, he managed to sneak back on.

Do you have a list of florida "regulars" that have a lot of galleries I can look for?

Also forgot to look for this creepy photographer in Miami too that I saw at Mansion last WMC at the Bloody Beetroots gig at Mansion. Had just a fisheye on and was shoving the camera in everyone's business and taking candid shots. Even my friend on his phone, he just shoved his camera between my friends face and his phone and took a pic of the phone!

Saw him also at the Gansevoort Ultra Music Festival rooftop party for the Deadmau5 gig, as Joel was just getting in the booth, he started shoving his camera between Joel and the DJ gear! He got yelled at pretty quickly.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.co​m/rukes (external link)
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com​/rukes (external link)

pod_canon
954 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Feb 27, 2010 22:26 |  #9489

Rukes wrote in post #9696700 (external link)
I really wish I knew, I can't find any of the pics online. Had to have been at least a regular since he was taking pics before Deadmau5 went on and even though security was told no photogs on stage, he managed to sneak back on.

Do you have a list of florida "regulars" that have a lot of galleries I can look for?

Also forgot to look for this creepy photographer in Miami too that I saw at Mansion last WMC at the Bloody Beetroots gig at Mansion. Had just a fisheye on and was shoving the camera in everyone's business and taking candid shots. Even my friend on his phone, he just shoved his camera between my friends face and his phone and took a pic of the phone!

Saw him also at the Gansevoort Ultra Music Festival rooftop party for the Deadmau5 gig, as Joel was just getting in the booth, he started shoving his camera between Joel and the DJ gear! He got yelled at pretty quickly.

Same Local sites (mega and otherwise) to miami market: - me (won't be me since i wasn't there for the mau5) - 2night.com - allnightout.com - crap err clubplanet.com - overnightmiami.com There's the plethora of bloggers that come and go so the sad thing is you could ask me a week from now and it'd be a totally different list. I saw some hipster snapper on Facebook that a week ago was just random guy I know. Now suddenly he's a "club photographer" lusting for a 5D MK II that would just be an expensive point and shoot for him. Creepy WMC shooters? Could be anyone since a lot of people show up, obviously. Sadly it's this time of year when I get close to clunking some people on the head.

My stuff
My blog and "professional" site. (external link)
My other site (external link) - in development, bear with me
The beast that spawned it all (external link)

brianodom
672 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Feb 28, 2010 01:51 as a reply to  @ post 9598496 |  #9490

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Canon EOS 5DsR - 6D - 70D|Canon 17-40L|Σ 35mm 1.4|Tammy 24-70 |Σ 70-200 2.8 and 35mm Art
YONGNUO YN 568 Speedlight X3|
Portfolio: web: www.mattodomphotograph​y.com + Instagram:www.instagra​m.com/mattodomphoto/ + FB: Matt Odom Photography

Default ­ this
319 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Feb 28, 2010 05:45 |  #9491

Just got back from VANGUARD, wow...simply AMAZING!!
David Garcia, played that house your soul needs!
Static Revenger played that house your BODY needs!
And Richard Vission played that house EVERYONE needs haha

Great times tonite, def. one of my best times out shooting.
Luciana did a great performance.
Heres a quick pic of static revenger ;)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

WEB: www.MichaelHernsin.com (external link) | Follow me @: twitter.com/michaelher​nsin (external link) | FB: facebook.com/HERNSIN (external link)

Default ­ this
319 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Feb 28, 2010 05:46 |  #9492

[QUOTE=Rukes;9696700]

@ RUKES..
I thought i seen you at vanguard tonite haha, was a photographer with the dj..i was like hmm... its GOTTA BE HIM!! haha

i wanted to say, i was pretty damn envious of you, being able to travel with these top notch dj's, experiencing these amazing shows, with all kinds of diff. peeps.
Def. something im working towards now =]

Twin ­ Turbo
759 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Feb 28, 2010 07:03 |  #9493

Okay guys, got a little dilemma here:

I am ready to upgrade from my Xti. I am torn between the 40D and the 50D. From what some people tell me, the 40D is just a "souped up/tanked up Rebel" with the same megapixels and the same sensor while the 50D, even though it has a better LCD, is not worth the extra $$$ for the extra megapixels since the cameras produce almost the same identical pictures. I also heard that the 50 has 20% less battery life than the 40 but I am going to be getting a grip for whatever camera I choose so battery life will not matter as much.

So all of you 40/50D owners speak up! Which one should I go for and why?

Thanks in advance.

Canon 40D Gripped/Tokina 11-16mm F2.8/600EX RT/One Minnen Ratta and other goodies.
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/twinturbophoto/ (external link)

Misiek
682 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 28, 2010 07:23 |  #9494

I'm not a club shooter like you guys but I make pics for fun. Even I had some gigs, some small parties. When it comes to battery life my 40d is outstanding! I own my for over a year, a year and a half to be correct. Without any grip, on my Canon battery it manages... about 1200-1400 pictures without charging! I use mainly a 4gb card, so I can fill it up 4 times, with viewing, deleting pictures. My friend that uses his D300 couldn't believe it until he saw it. I'm also shocked how well it performs.
Still, I would love to have a battery indicator that 5d2 has for example, which shows how many pics you can still take till the battery goes dead. In 40d you have 3 steps when it comes to the battery - full, almost empty (I don't know, 5-10%? it still takes 200 pics then ;)), empty.

If you need 15MP - 50d is the way to go. If not... you have to think whether you want microadjustment and better LCD screen. Probably you make so many pics in the clubs that you can call yoursefl a pro or semipro and you can easily judge if the pic is good.
I was thinking between those two and I finished with 40d. No regrets ;).

Maybe for club work 5d would be better? But probably it would need new glas.. 40d or 7d :). Think about it.

Canon 5d1, 5d2, 35L, 85
www.michalandrzejewski​.com.pl (external link)

Vanthel
313 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Feb 28, 2010 08:20 |  #9495

40D is MUCH more than a suped up rebel I tell you now. 50D is a 40D with extra marketing power, better LCD, MA and more MP (reportedly making it worse). The cost of a 50 over the 40 is not worth it imo.

Adrian
5DmkII
/ 580EXII / SB-25 / Canon EF 24-105mm f4.0L / Canon EF 70-200mm f4.0L / Sigma 50mm f1.4 / Manf. 458b, 322RC2 / Skyports / D-Lite 4

sponsored links

2,611,466 views & 3 likes for this thread
night club photos (NWS)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.