Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 02 Dec 2007 (Sunday) 21:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

STICKY: Volunteering through photography

You-by-Lou
Goldmember
1,689 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Dec 10, 2011 05:23 |  #151

that was/is great

You may say I'm a Zoomer, But I'm not the only one
Canon 5D mkIII
135L my new favorite

sponsored links
ThatTeenPhotographer
290 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Dec 10, 2011 13:54 |  #152

I'm doing a photoshoot for some sunday school programs at a church in cleveland (that my dad works at, mother's a priest, dad works at another church, yet I have really chill laid back parents) they're going to have me come in every month or so to document how it changes. Church is huge, I'm bringing a tripod and the youth director had told me he'd bring me up in the bell tower.... Might get a couple of artsy photos too :D Win-win right?

Facebook (external link)|flickr (external link)|Website (external link)
Rebel XSi (450D), 50mm 1.8 II, EF-S 18-55, Tamron AF 70-300 Di LD, CS6, Rebel 2000 & Access to Many Old Film Cameras
Working on a 365

You-by-Lou
Goldmember
1,689 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Dec 10, 2011 14:50 |  #153

ThatTeenPhotographer wrote in post #13523478 (external link)
I'm doing a photoshoot for some sunday school programs at a church in cleveland (that my dad works at, mother's a priest, dad works at another church, yet I have really chill laid back parents) they're going to have me come in every month or so to document how it changes. Church is huge, I'm bringing a tripod and the youth director had told me he'd bring me up in the bell tower.... Might get a couple of artsy photos too :D Win-win right?

Go TTP

Canon 5D mkIII
135L my new favorite

ThatTeenPhotographer
290 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Dec 11, 2011 22:20 |  #154

You-by-Lou wrote in post #13523659 (external link)
Go TTP

NEW THREE LETTER ABBREVIATION
AWWW YEAH
sorry for the outburst, you're just the first to put my name on here that way XD

Facebook (external link)|flickr (external link)|Website (external link)
Rebel XSi (450D), 50mm 1.8 II, EF-S 18-55, Tamron AF 70-300 Di LD, CS6, Rebel 2000 & Access to Many Old Film Cameras
Working on a 365

You-by-Lou
Goldmember
1,689 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Dec 12, 2011 06:49 |  #155

figure if I'm responding to youth I have to cut out some characters.

Canon 5D mkIII
135L my new favorite

Liz~zerd
27 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Dec 12, 2011 19:09 as a reply to  @ You-by-Lou's post |  #156

^^^^^^^ roflmao ;)

Hey any ideas on how to get one of these (like help-portrait) started? I sent a couple messages around to the local meetup forums, but it doesn't look like those are very active in my area...

EOS Rebel T3i, 18-55 kit lens, Canon 50, Canon 70-300 IS, Canon 100 macro, Sigma 10-20, Canon 100-400L,Speedlite 430 EXII, Kenko 1.4Tc, light/umbrella stand...
More equipment than sense, but I'm slooowly trying to change that!  :p
C/C invited

S.Horton
I'm having size issues, does this get worse with age?
18,042 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Dec 12, 2011 22:27 |  #157

Calindy wrote in post #7613104 (external link)
I did this too last month. I had a blast doing it! Watching them build a house (with a learning center) in 7 days was amazing! In fact, the episode airs this Sunday, a 2 hour special! Animal lovers need to watch this episode, it is at a Animal Sanctuary, that has tigers and other wild animals. Here is the website: http://www.4everwild.o​rg/ (external link)

You do realize that the TV show is making millions, right?

When I volunteer I want to help people who need it.

Sam - TF Says Ishmael
http://midnightblue.sm​ugmug.com (external link) 
Want your title changed?Dream On! (external link)

:cool:

Voaky999
Goldmember
3,225 posts
Gallery: 591 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Nov 2010

Dec 12, 2011 22:43 |  #158

I voluteered this year to do the photography for the local Firefighters calendar. An odd experience but lots of fun. These calendars are usually used for some type of fundraising for a worthy cause. In my local case, all of the money raised goes to a hospital burn unit for equipment and research.

Don
"Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

You-by-Lou
Goldmember
1,689 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Dec 13, 2011 07:00 |  #159

Liz~zerd wrote in post #13534946 (external link)
^^^^^^^ roflmao ;)

Hey any ideas on how to get one of these (like help-portrait) started? I sent a couple messages around to the local meetup forums, but it doesn't look like those are very active in my area...

guess just keep poking around

Canon 5D mkIII
135L my new favorite

Village_Idiot
GREATEST POTN MEMBER EVER
3,694 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Dec 13, 2011 08:43 |  #160

Village_Idiot wrote in post #12803477 (external link)
There was an orientation I had to attend at the beginning of July, then I had to get TB tests. I finally just got the first and need to go back next week for the second. My full time work schedule makes it difficult to get over to their health center which is only open until 3 m-f

So after doing two TB test, their orientation, and talking with several people at the VA hospital, I have this cool badge to show for it...and that's it.

Wish they could have told me they had no use for me before stabbing me in both arms. The one nurse made that **** hurt. Oh well, at least I know I don't have TB.

My village called. I was told that they missed me.

Speedotron users, untie!

Tanya ­ De ­ Leeuw
Goldmember
4,260 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Dec 20, 2011 12:42 as a reply to  @ Village_Idiot's post |  #161

I'm happy, and lucky, to have recently joined ICAN, the Invermere Companion Animal Network (external link), a no-kill small animal shelter here in the Columbia Valley of BC, Canada, as volly-photog!

So far, in two sessions, I've taken photos of several cats and a bunny - all available for adoption!

Check the pics out on my Smugmug page (external link)!

And, as someone just starting out, using my photography skills in a volunteer capacity is a huge win-win for everyone! Great practice at pet photography for me, and better-than-previously-posted images for the shelter's website!

Merry Christmas, everyone, giving truly IS better than receiving! ;)

Tanya De Leeuw
Facebook (external link) - Smugmug (external link) - Blog (external link)
Constructive comments are most appreciated!
Now: 1D Mark IV, 7D + 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L

spkerer
953 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Dec 20, 2011 12:54 |  #162

Tanya De Leeuw wrote in post #13574337 (external link)
I'm happy, and lucky, to have recently joined ICAN, the Invermere Companion Animal Network (external link), a no-kill small animal shelter here in the Columbia Valley of BC, Canada, as volly-photog!

And, as someone just starting out, using my photography skills in a volunteer capacity is a huge win-win for everyone! Great practice at pet photography for me, and better-than-previously-posted images for the shelter's website!

Merry Christmas, everyone, giving truly IS better than receiving! ;)

Excellent! Sounds like a perfect match. Or would that be purrfect?

Leesburg, Virginia
http://photos.kusterer​s.net (external link)

Tanya ­ De ­ Leeuw
Goldmember
4,260 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Dec 20, 2011 13:07 |  #163

spkerer wrote in post #13574375 (external link)
Excellent! Sounds like a perfect match. Or would that be purrfect?

Purring like little tractors! ;)

Tanya De Leeuw
Facebook (external link) - Smugmug (external link) - Blog (external link)
Constructive comments are most appreciated!
Now: 1D Mark IV, 7D + 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L

4Bucks
660 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 26, 2012 15:13 |  #164

Shooting for the High School Booster Club. The District Wrestling Tourney. We are selling 8x10 shots at the event next weekend. I helped organize this... hope it works!

4Bucks does not = photo for $... Four Buckleys in the family
A must read for all new to photography: Ben's Newbie Guide https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=414088
My stuff: 7D, some lenses, and OCFs
Facebook (external link)

gmaize
589 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Mar 10, 2012 20:23 |  #165

I offer my talents to a high school academy locally. This is a school within a public school with a special focus and curriculum and often are provided insufficient funding. I photograph the senior class in both individual and group portraits as the families have limited resources to afford these types of services on their own. I am blessed to participate every year.

--gmaize

sponsored links

123,634 views & 2 likes for this thread
Volunteering through photography
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.