Marketplace Feedback System
I'll explain how it works:
The main thing to know is:
There is no "give general feedback to the member" command. Each feedback is given via the thread of the deal, i.e. what the feedback is about.
How to give feedback:
Browse to the thread of the deal, you'll see a button there for giving marketplace feedback. A form opens, submit it and you're done. The target member is the thread starter.
If you are the thread starter, you'll first need to pick a target member for the feedback. The target member do not have to have replied to the thread .This lets you give feedback individually to all members who e.g. bought from the same thread. To make the target member selection process easy, you are offered some lists of names: "Members who have replied to this thread", "Members who have given you marketplace feedback", "Your friends", "The last 50 members from your PM Inbox, in order of PM viewed" and "search".
Thread starter needs to pick the feedback target:
Only one feedback rating is required: the overall rating.
Text is not required.
Item list is not required.
Items that you can rate are:
Overall Rating (0-10)
0 means "not rated" or" n/a". There is a "legend" which explains the deeper meaning of each rating.
Then you have a text area for item(s), and a text area for verbal rating.
A "Heads Up" is sent to the feedback target when feedback is submitted.
How to find member's feedback:
Feedback summary can be seen in four places:
Marketplace feedback summary: the statistics display.
- Every marketplace thread has a feedback summary of thread starter on top of the page.
- Member info (left of each post: "MORE INFO | REPORT", or simply click the left side area or the avatar), shows now the marketplace feedback summary, too.
- Member page shows now the marketplace feedback summary.
- Marketplace Feedback page has the summary on top.
A summary box shows the four ratings (count, average), rating counts and overall averages per forum, and also by role of the member (selling/buying) and overall rating averages for those, for each forum. You also get links to automatic searches: all threads by member in marketplace forums, and searching for member's name in the old marketplace feedback thread. You'll also see time of the first and the last feedback received, and a counter of feedbacks given by the member. All this is in very small space, one glance shows a lot.
In member pages:
Browsing the actual feedbacks:
Click any rating in a summary and you'll get to see the individual ratings. On thread pages you'll get this as a popup listing, on member page you are taken to a "Marketplace feedback" page https://photography-on-the.net …/marketplace_feedback.php (not up yet as this is still version 1.4)
The feedback browser has options to see the feedback given to the member (default), given by the member, or both the the same time. You can view the member as a seller or as the buyer or as both (default) You can view individual marketplace forums or all (default), and sort the listing by feedback time (default), thread time, overall rating value (desc/asc). If you do the selections on the marketplace feedback page (not the popup), the URL contains parameters for the selection for easy direct linking.
Filtering dropdowns show also a count of available feedback:
Needless to say: you can not give marketplace feedback if you do not have marketplace posting rights.
Guests can also view the feedback.
Feedback summary & browser do not honor forum filtering or ignore member lists.
If the thread is closed or marked as DONE DEAL, you can give feedback regardless.
Feedback command can be blocked from a member, by mods.
Here's the legend in text.
- Overall Rating: The only required rating item. This rating tells the bottom line rating about the deal from start to finish.
- Communication: was the description of the item correct? Were the emails or personal messages replied promtly? Was all the info delivered accurate and clear?
- Delivery: was the delivery done in promised time? Was the packaging good and safe? Was the delivery cost reasonable? If you are seller or there was no delivery done, ignore this rating.
- Payment: were the any problems with the payment? Was the method of payment easy and safe? If there were returns, were they done promptly?
- Item(s): If there were more than on item offered in this thread and all did not go to same person, state here the items you bought/sold.
- Verbal Rating: Anything that you can write to explain some bad ratings are appreciated. If you just like to say that all was done just fine, that is ok, too! If you suspect a fraud, report the post or pm mods, do not make such accusations on a feedback form.
- Seller/Buyer: You can not choose whether you are a seller or buyer, this is automatically decided based on the particular forum and if you are the OP or not.