Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 21 Dec 2007 (Friday) 20:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Remote question

Connor ­ P ­ Price
477 posts
Joined May 2007

Dec 21, 2007 20:14 |  #1

Can anyone who has a canon rc-1 remote tell me if two cameras can be triggered with it at once?

I'd like to do a photo shoot with both a rebel xt and xti in two different locations photographing a model so i'd like to have each camera shooting simultaneously triggered by the remote.

Rebel xt w/ bg-e3 grip, 70-200 f/4L, Canon 50 f/1.8, Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, speedlight 220ex, currently accepting donations for ABR800. ;)

sponsored links
PacAce
Cream of the Crop
26,899 posts
Joined Feb 2003

Dec 21, 2007 20:20 |  #2

The remote sensor on the camera is located in the front. To trigger the camera with the RC-1, you need to point the RC-1 at that sensor. So, if you want to trigger two or more camera simultaneously with the same RC-1, those cameras will need to be very close to each other so that they are basically all pointed towards you or whoever is holding the RC-1 in front of the cameras. This is probably not what you had in mind, though, right?

...Leo

Acip
71 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Oct 2007

Dec 21, 2007 20:28 as a reply to  @ PacAce's post |  #3

I can't even get my remote to work =(

I have it set to accept remote shooting, but it just doesn't work. My wired remote works, but not my wireless remote. And the batteries are working because the little flashlight works.

Gear: Canon 70D, 18-135mm, 100-400mm L II. C&C welcomed and appreciated.

Connor ­ P ­ Price
THREAD ­ STARTER
477 posts
Joined May 2007

Dec 21, 2007 20:35 |  #4

I know infrared is directional, however it generally works within a generous variance of degrees from the receiver. I'm hoping it'll work without any modification, maybe i'll have to get creative with mirrors in order to get two cameras triggered simultaneously. The cameras wont be incredibly far from eachother, maybe 5 to 7 feet. Theres gotta be somebody here who has tried this before.

Rebel xt w/ bg-e3 grip, 70-200 f/4L, Canon 50 f/1.8, Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, speedlight 220ex, currently accepting donations for ABR800. ;)

PacAce
Cream of the Crop
26,899 posts
Joined Feb 2003

Dec 21, 2007 23:12 |  #5

Acip wrote in post #4549660 (external link)
I can't even get my remote to work =(

I have it set to accept remote shooting, but it just doesn't work. My wired remote works, but not my wireless remote. And the batteries are working because the little flashlight works.

It's been a while since I used my RC-1 with my Elan film camera so my memory is very fuzzy but don' you have to put the camera in timer mode to get the remote to work?

...Leo

Andrushka
"all warm and fuzzy"
3,735 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Dec 21, 2007 23:24 |  #6

for the digital rebel...xt...xti (etc.) the timer mode does need to be selected for the remote to work - my remote/dig.reb. was real sensative as far as direction was concerned

http://www.paradigmpho​tographyoc.com (external link)

Wyn
183 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Dec 22, 2007 00:21 |  #7

so is it worth it to get a remote?

Andrushka
"all warm and fuzzy"
3,735 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Dec 22, 2007 01:49 |  #8

the remote works - since usually you are in front of it if you are taking a picture with yourself in it, right? - but the OP was asking about firing two bodies at once...

http://www.paradigmpho​tographyoc.com (external link)

sponsored links

975 views & 0 likes for this thread
Remote question
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.