Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 28 Jan 2008 (Monday) 15:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

POTN meetup in South Florida

Poaceae
214 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Feb 04, 2009 07:36 |  #256

It's on the smugmug site for the POTN Vol 3:

http://potn.smugmug.co​m/Volume%203/621611 (external link)

John B

sponsored links
DozerLYP
Cream of the Crop
6,570 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Feb 21, 2009 18:10 |  #257

So when is the next game?

jgoodstein wrote in post #7211956 (external link)
we have some Aussie teams coming to play at the new Central Broward Regional Park throughout the year. When we get closer to game day, we should have a sports shoot there, you can get great pics like:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Content warning: script

or
QUOTED IMAGE

the field is an oval 185meters long and 125 meters wide... so there's plenty of sideline for everyone :D

I just may bring the wife and kids... it is superbowl sunday.. but what the heck!!!

My Gear, My Zenfolio (external link), Meyhem (external link) And GO VOTE Flash gallery (external link) ---------------> Anyone of you has Multiple Personality Disorder
Home Improvement
Custom Brushes!

jgoodstein
320 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 23, 2009 07:40 |  #258

DozerLYP wrote in post #7376483 (external link)
So when is the next game?

April 18th @ Broward Central Regional Park (NE corner of 441 & Sunrise). I'll dig up the exact time shortly.

DozerLYP
Cream of the Crop
6,570 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Feb 23, 2009 22:15 |  #259

we should make this a meet up, this would be fun.

Can we get on the field like where you were when taking these shots?

My Gear, My Zenfolio (external link), Meyhem (external link) And GO VOTE Flash gallery (external link) ---------------> Anyone of you has Multiple Personality Disorder
Home Improvement
Custom Brushes!

jgoodstein
320 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 24, 2009 15:00 |  #260

sure, you can get on the field (a limited amount of you of course), you have to wear a bright orange vest, and if you get clobbered you get clobbered. I definitely want to do a meet-up for a match. we'll even set up a POTN tent for everyone as well !!!

tonybear007
Goldmember
1,650 posts
Gallery: 95 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 26, 2009 08:36 |  #261

Count me in please.

jgoodstein wrote in post #7397612 (external link)
sure, you can get on the field (a limited amount of you of course), you have to wear a bright orange vest, and if you get clobbered you get clobbered. I definitely want to do a meet-up for a match. we'll even set up a POTN tent for everyone as well !!!

EOS 77D, 7D, Canon 16-35mm f/4L IS, Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L, Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II
Birds Spotted in Florida (external link) Facebook
@BirdsSpotted (external link) Twitter
Canon 77D Facebook Page (external link)
@Canon77D (external link)

tonybear007
Goldmember
1,650 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 27, 2009 00:19 |  #262

SHORT NOTICE

Anyone interested?

Wings Over Miami Museum 4th Annual Airshow
Start Date: Sat, February 28 2009
End Date: Sun, March 1 2009
Event Time: 10 AM - 5 PM.
Venue: Kendall-Tamiami Airport
12800 S. W. 145TH AVENUE

Every year this museum puts on an air show, featuring various makes of aircraft from WWII through the Korean War. This year will be the 4th Annual air show and is Miami's only air show, featuring the classic aircraft of WWI, WWII, Korean War and the newest addition, the F-14 as flown by Tom Cruise in Top Gun. Both flying and static exhibits will be there. This event is also fun for the kids, with face painting, and other children events. Metro-Dade Fire Rescue, The Coast Guard, Army wall rock climbing, Customs, Navy and Air Force will all be there. The museum exists as a tribute to those veterans and aviators who pioneered civilian and military aviation, and is for the enjoyment and education of the public. The Wings Over Miami Museum displays and flies military and classic aircraft to share the history of flight by providing examples of operating historic aircraft.

EOS 77D, 7D, Canon 16-35mm f/4L IS, Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L, Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II

DozerLYP
Cream of the Crop
6,570 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Feb 28, 2009 01:20 |  #263

damn, I wish I would of known that a week ago, before I make other plans.

now I'll have to wait till next year to see that.

Home Improvement
Custom Brushes!

tonybear007
Goldmember
1,650 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 01, 2009 02:36 |  #264

ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARADE & FESTIVAL
Downtown Hollywood
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Noon – 6:00 p.m.

The annual celebration will include Irish folk and rock bands, step dancing, Irish coffee, food and beer from noon to 6 p.m. along Hollywood Boulevard between 18th and 19th avenues. There is no charge for festival admission. The parade will roll at 1 p.m. with floats, pipe bands, marching bands and community groups. The parade will begin at Harrison Street and 21st Avenue, travel north to Hollywood Boulevard, east to Young Circle, south to Harrison Street and back to 21st Avenue. More info (external link)

Information: 954-921-3404.

tonybear007
Goldmember
1,650 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 01, 2009 02:38 |  #265

BRAZIL ON THE BEACH
Hollywood Beach
Friday – Sunday, March 20 – 22, 2009

Brazilian superstar Daniela Mercury will bring the samba rhythms of her native Bahia to Hollywood when she headlines the inaugural Brazil on the Beach bash, a three-day celebration of Brazilian music and sports.

The concert will climax an exciting weekend of world-class Footvolley competition, compliments of the Second Annual Pro Footvolley Tour Hollywood Beach Open, featuring many of the demanding sport's greatest competitors. More info (external link)

Information: 954-924-2980.

Poaceae
214 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 13, 2009 07:19 |  #266

As the season on nesting birds is running out, I'm going to Wakodahatchee Wetlands this Sunday. I usually get there a little after 8 am. If anyone is interested here are is a link with info: http://www.pbcgov.com/​waterutilities/wakodah​atchee/ (external link)

John B

Thalagyrt
D'OH. I need to wake up some more.
4,816 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 20, 2009 19:02 |  #267

Would anyone be interested in planning an Everglades outing one of these weekends?

James

jgoodstein
320 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Mar 23, 2009 11:07 |  #268

Thalagyrt wrote in post #7565331 (external link)
Would anyone be interested in planning an Everglades outing one of these weekends?

Anywhere in particular, the everglades is HUGE? I just spent last weekend in Everglades National Park out of Florida city, doing Shark research, and there was great scenery, tons of birds, and lots of great places to shoot.

Thalagyrt
D'OH. I need to wake up some more.
4,816 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 23, 2009 11:20 |  #269

jgoodstein wrote in post #7580621 (external link)
Anywhere in particular, the everglades is HUGE? I just spent last weekend in Everglades National Park out of Florida city, doing Shark research, and there was great scenery, tons of birds, and lots of great places to shoot.

Nowhere in particular, I never have really been out there aside from one of those cheesy boat rides, so anywhere is fine with me as long as there's interesting stuff to see.

James

meegi
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Mar 24, 2009 16:20 |  #270

very cool im in ft lauderdale. we should all get together and what not

sponsored links

62,699 views & 0 likes for this thread
POTN meetup in South Florida
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.