bagtagsell wrote in post #4830543
Ever since switching to the MK III from the 5D my lens lineup needs retooling. I've found out a few things.
1. I don't have a Super Wide anymore
2. The 24-70 that use to be glued on my 5D is now neglected.
3. The 16-35 is more used, but it isn't ultra wide anymore. It has more of a 24-70 flavor imo
4. The 70-200 is a really useful FL. Seemed a little short on the 5D.
5. The 35L is more like a "normal" 50
6. The 85 still rocks
7. I need to get a 24L to get back my 35L perspective.
I wasn't anticipating how this would change my lens usage so much.
1. i never needed UW so 17-40 is actually a more useful lens for me. good for landscapes and walkaround.
2. i like the 24-70L more on 1.3. it's now a portrait lens as well as walkaround. sold my 100 f2.
4. i agree. i'm liking my 70-200L f4 IS more. too short on 5d.
5. the 35L is now my only prime. gives me that 50mm perspective that i want.
6. i'm sure it does but i sold my 100 f2 and will use my 24-70L for portraits and walkaround.
7. i've got 35mm on both my 17-40L and 24-70L. it's not a perspective that i like well enough to have an expensive, dedicated lens of that focal length.
in short, i like 1.3 crop better because i do landscapes and wildlife.