Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 04 Feb 2008 (Monday) 23:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Tenba's ProDigital 2.0 Messenger - Large

DEMO
Goldmember
1,105 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Feb 04, 2008 23:54 |  #1

Hello everyone, I just recieved this bag last week Friday, and I figured I would take a few pictures since I had a hard time finding any reviews of this bag. I can't say just yet if I would recommend it, only because I haven't owned it for to long, but so far it seems to have the great looks, and even better build quality I was hoping for.

Tenba's ProDigital 2.0 Messenger - Large (Olive)

1)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i2.photobucket.​com …eralph/FrontofT​emba20.jpg (external link)

2) Awsome easy access..

http://i2.photobucket.​com …bafrontwithopen​zipper.jpg (external link)

3) Material on back is very comfy.. Also the shoulder strap is very well padded.

http://i2.photobucket.​com …peralph/SideofT​enba20.jpg (external link)

4) 17-40 infront to show size, but because of the angle of the photo the bag looks GINORMIS (don't worry, it isn't).. The bag has velcro inside the flap to keep it from flapping when the buckles arn't connected.

http://i2.photobucket.​com …eralph/Temba20S​izedup.jpg (external link)

5) Photo equipment with a 15" Widescreen laptop. (can fit 2 flash or a small lens and a flash). Notice the non slip shoulder strap.

http://i2.photobucket.​com …baInternalswith​laptop.jpg (external link)

6) Extra pockets located inside (Internal pouch removed for better view)

http://i2.photobucket.​com …bainsidewithout​insert.jpg (external link)

7) Pictured - Canon 24-105, 17-40, 70-200 f/2.8.

http://i2.photobucket.​com …alph/Tenba20Int​ernals.jpg (external link)

From Tenba's website:
The essence of urban – a sleek, lightweight, street-smart satchel that holds a ton, yet hugs your body, moves with you, and doesn’t cramp your style. A removable photo insert allows you to convert it quickly from a camera bag to a general-purpose gym bag, book bag, school bag or briefcase.

OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS
18W x 13H x 7D inches
45.7W x 33H x 17.8D cm

INSIDE DIMENSIONS
17W x 12H x 6D in
43.2W x 30.5H x 15.2D cm
Specifications are approximate.

CAPACITY
D/SLR body, 3-4 lenses, flash, magazines, files

LAPTOP
Fits most 17-inch laptops

Cat.
black, olive, navy blue, burnt orange, black (engraveable)

Additional pictures if your looking for different colors.
http://www.ebags.com/t​enba/prodigital_2_0_me​ssenger_large/product_​detail/index.cfm?model​id=104337 (external link)

Buy.com has them for $89.64 with free shipping.
http://www.buy.com …/loc/16234/2066​05104.html (external link)

RAFAEL SANCHEZ

sponsored links
chromewaves
193 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Feb 05, 2008 09:20 |  #2

I have the medium of this, which is almost identical but just a bit smaller (for 15" laptops) and though it took me a little while, I mostly like it now. I was using a Think Tank Urban Disguise 40 before and its inability to hold a laptop forced me to look elsewhere (should have bought the 50 in the first place but whatever). It was between the Tenba and the TT UD50 but the Tenba was half the price. It's not quite as well thought out as the Think Tank (lots of the pockets seem kind of randomly sized) and the insert isn't as nice as I'd have hoped (i've replaced two of the three velcro dividers with surplus Lowepro ones and would happily do the same with the third, which already has a crease in the foam) but it holds a lot, is comfortable and functional.

http://www.chromewaves​.net (external link)

DEMO
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,105 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Feb 05, 2008 10:38 |  #3

Thanks chromewaves, I just looked at the Thinktank Disguise series and they seem to be very well thought out. The price isn't all that bad when you compare what features the bags have over their comp..

RAFAEL SANCHEZ

chromewaves
193 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Feb 05, 2008 10:52 |  #4

yeah, if the Tenba didn't do it for me I would have happily sent it back and gotten the UD50 - but the Tenba does what I need and it looks a little sharper and less like a laptop bag than the Think Tank. It did make me appreciate all the little touches on the Think Tank, though.

nutsnbolts
Goldmember
2,279 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 07, 2008 10:52 |  #5

I actually tested this bag out. My only grip about this was the fact that you cant' really store your camera in the bag without producing tremendous bulkiness. I had the Tenba representative even show me that it can "fit". Of course anything can fit if you cram it in there.

Aside from the fact that I support ThinkTankphoto, their Urban Disguise series addresses what Tenba lacked.

Don't get me wrong, if you want to carry it using it as a lens changer and laptop carrier as depicted from your pictures, then it's great, but as for me, I need a place to conceal my camera as well when I'm not using it. I don't like carrying a bag around while the camera is always out.

Canon EOS 40D | EOS Rebel XTI/400D | G9
Lenses and Gear List
Review of my ThinkTank Gear

_aravena
isn't this answer a stickie yet?
12,450 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Feb 07, 2008 17:30 |  #6

Very nice! Very large though. I'm still stuck on Nanue Pro's Lima bag for a smaller bag or the 5MDH. AS for larger, my 7MDH stick with me and my DIY bag still works. THough nice for carrying a laptop as well.

Last Shot Photography
My Site (external link) ~ Gear List ~ Bag Reviews

octobersky84
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Feb 2008

Feb 09, 2008 14:51 as a reply to  @ _aravena's post |  #7

Maybe you can help me understand something about this bag. I don't understand the deference in sizes between the small and large (is there even a medium cause all I've seen is small/large). But I have a 17" Macbook Pro and it's dimensions are:

Height: 1.0 inch
Width: 15.4 inches
Depth: 10.4 inches

And to me it looks like it could fit in the small!?!?
Which the dimensions on the small on the inside are:

Height: 11 inches
Width: 16 inches
Depth: 5-8 inches

*(bag measured upright/ laptop measured sitting flat)

And the only difference in size from what I can tell between the small and large is an inch in height and width! I'm only concerned because I just sent back the Mountainsmith Capture AT Large which was like a flippen water cooler carrying that thing around. I had almost given up on a laptop/camera bag combination that was slim lined to look good and carry all the things I need.

Which by the way are:
Macbook Pro 17"
Nikon D200 w/AF-S Nikkor 18-70mm ED
Speedlight SB800
Smartdisk Firelight USB harddrive
+maybe disks, notepad, pens/pencils, jump drives, etc.

So maybe you can help me figure out which is best for my needs.
Also could you please tell me where you bought you bag as well? I looked at eBags (external link) but they were $40 more that if I were to just buy it from Tenba's website (external link).
And I've heard that it doesn't actually come with the camera divider but you have to buy it separately, is this true? Thanks for you time posting these great photos too. I appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide.

chromewaves
193 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Feb 09, 2008 21:48 |  #8

Without taking out the tape measure, I can say that 17" MBPs are considerably smaller than their Dell, Toshiba or otherwise Windows bretheren. I've got a 15" MBP that is much more portable than the 15" Dell Inspiron I used to have, particularly in the thickness dimension. The Tenba large is probably capable of toting a large 17" Windows machine but the medium could handle the MBP. My 15" fits with room to spare in my medium.

Technographer
164 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Sep 05, 2008 21:22 as a reply to  @ chromewaves's post |  #9

I was considering this as well, but does anyone know if this can hold the camera attached to the lens (any pictures?) I was also looking at the Domke F-804 or one of the Think Tank Urban Disguise bags. Any suggestions? Thanks.

DEMO
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,105 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Sep 05, 2008 23:58 |  #10

You can definatly have a body and lens attached, but I don't think a 1D series will fit while attached to a lens..

RAFAEL SANCHEZ

dissolve
83 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Feb 01, 2009 01:32 as a reply to  @ DEMO's post |  #11

Digging up an old thread, I know, but does anyone have pics wearing this bag? I just want to see if it seems too big. I'd be getting the small but seeing the relative size of either would help greatly. Thanks!

tigerotor77w
Goldmember
1,564 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 04, 2009 10:10 |  #12

Bump and also a question for the OP... now that you've had it for a year (looking back at the date, it's been exactly a year -- though ths wasn't intended at all!), how do you rate the bag?

Photo blog (external link) | Gear

fosofos
55 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 08, 2009 11:52 |  #13

anyone know if several lenses plus a prosumer body w/o grip would comfortably fit in this bag?

DEMO
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,105 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Feb 09, 2009 20:10 |  #14

Sorry guys for the long wait to reply, but I ended up returning the back a few days later after the pictures were taken. I thought I need a messeneger bag, but I ended up sticking with my burton backpack..

RAFAEL SANCHEZ

Hoesi
85 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Feb 10, 2009 09:48 |  #15

Has anyone tried the large vs the small one IRL? Are there major differences in size and capacity?

I ordered the small one from the closest usable (with a decent website) Tenba reseller to my own country - but this was back on the 23rd of January. It is now Feb 10th, and despite having an email 14 days ago saying they would have it back in stock in 7-10 days top - they haven't even managed to ship it yet.

I have a 15" MacBook Pro so I think the Small one will fit my needs perfectly, but I am getting really impatient with this store... Unfortunately I can't really see any others having the small black one in stock either (who ship to Europe).

Canon EOS 7D (+50D) | 17-55mm f/2.8 IS | 100mm f/2.8 Macro | 100-400mm L IS | Canon 35mm f/1.4 L
430EX II | Misc. filters | BG-E2N | BG-E7[COLOR=Gray][COLOR=Sil​ver]| 5 x BP511A | 3 x LP-E6 | E-1
Tenba Messenger | Lowepro Nature Trekker AW II | Gorillapod Focus

sponsored links

37,845 views & 0 likes for this thread
Tenba's ProDigital 2.0 Messenger - Large
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.