Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 10 Feb 2008 (Sunday) 10:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What to buy in Lowepro's Rezo-series

Jonta
540 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 10, 2008 10:41 |  #1

Hi.

Now the long greetings are over, I'll get to the important stuff:

I got a Canon EOS 400D for Christmas (kind of deal where I pay part of it), but don't have a camera-bag for it yet.

I know I am going to accumulate lenses, flashes, extra batteries, and other things for it, and am therefore going to buy the Lowepro Slingshot 200 AW. (external link) This is already decided, I'm pretty manic over reading reviews about stuffs I buy (camera, cellphone, book about photography, headphones, sodas...(no, that's going a bit too far)), and think I am going to be happy with it, and yes; I have tried it at the shop, and am comfortable with it.

But I don't think I'll want to carry the Slingshot with me all the time. For just going outside and taking a few snapshots or similar situations like "Pack light, we can't take any unnecessary weight".

So I've been looking at something small, and stumbled across the Lowepro Rezo TLZ 10 (external link) at a pretty good price, and of course its older brother/sister/greatgr​andmother Lowepro Rezo TLZ 20 (external link). I thought that these looked just great, and it seemed to me to be just a matter of finding out which one to choose.

But after a little while I (stupidly, why does there have to be so much choice? I'm definitely going to try not to check out other brands) discovered the rest of Lowepro's Rezo-series (external link). Especially the Rezo 110 AW (external link) and perhaps also the Rezo 120 AW (external link).

These are very attractive because of the All Weather Cover, and the extra space. (But as aforementioned; I want it to be quite smallish.)

So; what are my criteria for the bag?

• Small
  • Shoulder-bag (No, I won't carry it for five-week trips in the Himalaya, only shorter periods)
  • More robust than Paris Hilton
  • Water proofish (I'll be paranoid out of my wits about my gear if it's raining hard)
  • Be able to hold some additional gear
I have PMed the member "blinking81" here (being the only one I could identify who was in the possession of one of the aforementioned bags), and got this response:

So I suppose after this long explanation, my question to you is; which should I go for, and why? Does anyone have experiences to share with these bags? Are there other bags out there (oh no, not even more choice) which I should definitely consider?

I can not fool around with/get to know any of these bags, except for Lowepro Rezo 160 AW.

Also: Is there a significant difference between Topload-bags (external link) (like TLZ 10 & 20) and the Shoulder-bags for cameras (external link) (like 110 AW & 120 AW) except for the bigger size of the Soulder bags?

If there is anything I haven't properly explained or something I've forgotten to mention, shout it out.

Lot's of love, affection, adulation, allegiance, amity, amorousness, amour, appreciation, ardency, ardor and similar feelings found at thesarus.com
Jonta, 17, Norway

Note: This has previously been posted at DPS (external link), but unsuccessfully. If this forum cannot help, please link to one(s) you believe can.

sponsored links
Jonta
THREAD ­ STARTER
540 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 05, 2008 09:49 |  #2

*bump*

Any good shops in Tallinn where I might be able to try some out?

Any thoughts at all on this subject?

n1as
Goldmember
2,330 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 05, 2008 09:58 as a reply to  @ Jonta's post |  #3

I have the Rezo 170. It held my Nikon D40 (XTi size) with the 18-55 kit lens, a 55-200 lens with hood and the 50 f/1.8 lens. I put the 50 and the lens hood in one side, one on top of the other with a piece of packing "cloth" between them for protection. Any more gear or larger lenses won't fit well.

And I got caught in the rain with it. We were going to a concert and had to wait outside in the pouring rain. I pulled the built-in rain cover over the case and everything stayed dry.

I've since upgraded to a Canon 40D which won't really fit in the case.

- Keith
http://darwinphoto.zen​folio.com (external link)

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
44,602 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 05, 2008 11:34 |  #4

Lowepro does offer the AW rain hood on a number of other lines of bags in addition to the Rezo. I personally like the Stealth Reporter 200AW, which has the hood, and has the additional benefit of having attachment loops on the outside which permit mounting any of the LowePro lens cases or other accessory cases to the outside of the bag. Instant expandability, instant versatility in bringing along only those lenses which I anticipate using. And I can put the most frequently used lenses in the exterior cases, so that I don't have to open the main compartment so often. Lastly. the Stealth Reporter series has a loop on the back which permits it to be used on the LowePro field and stream padded belts and/or harnesses.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Jonta
THREAD ­ STARTER
540 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 06, 2008 06:01 |  #5

Wilt wrote in post #5053458 (external link)
Lowepro does offer the AW rain hood on a number of other lines of bags in addition to the Rezo. I personally like the Stealth Reporter 200AW, which has the hood, and has the additional benefit of having attachment loops on the outside which permit mounting any of the LowePro lens cases or other accessory cases to the outside of the bag. Instant expandability, instant versatility in bringing along only those lenses which I anticipate using. And I can put the most frequently used lenses in the exterior cases, so that I don't have to open the main compartment so often. Lastly. the Stealth Reporter series has a loop on the back which permits it to be used on the LowePro field and stream padded belts and/or harnesses.

I have considered the Stealth Reporter Series, but find it too big.

n1as: Do you think the 110 will fit my needs? Or should I go for something larger in the Rezo-series? I really don't want it to be too big.

n1as
Goldmember
2,330 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 06, 2008 11:04 as a reply to  @ Jonta's post |  #6

The question is what do you want to carry?

The TLZ bags you've picked would be fine for the camera and kit lens, but they won't have room for a 2nd lens.

The Rezo series will give you room for a 2nd lens but you may have to move closer to the Rezo 170 to get enough room for a tall 2nd lens.

- Keith
http://darwinphoto.zen​folio.com (external link)

Jonta
THREAD ­ STARTER
540 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 26, 2008 16:38 |  #7

n1as wrote in post #5060108 (external link)
The question is what do you want to carry?

The TLZ bags you've picked would be fine for the camera and kit lens, but they won't have room for a 2nd lens.

The Rezo series will give you room for a 2nd lens but you may have to move closer to the Rezo 170 to get enough room for a tall 2nd lens.

Canon EOS 400D with kit lense. I do not want a second lens at all. Maybe a small external flash, but probably not. This bag would only be an "on the go"-bag: Good for small excursions and fast access.

snails
"I used the last of it to tip the strippers."
1,517 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 26, 2008 16:51 |  #8

Jonta wrote in post #5197138 (external link)
Canon EOS 400D with kit lense. I do not want a second lens at all. Maybe a small external flash, but probably not. This bag would only be an "on the go"-bag: Good for small excursions and fast access.

I have a Rezo TLZ 20. The 400D with kit lens will fit, maybe even with the lens hood on. (I don't own the hood.) I keep the battery grip on my XTi, and it just barely fits that way. It will not hold a flash as well, but it does have a small front pocket that could hold a spare battery or CF card.

(Currently this bag typically holds my Canon AE-1 with Canon FD 50mm f/1.8 and motor drive.)

Jonta
THREAD ­ STARTER
540 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 30, 2008 11:25 |  #9

snails wrote in post #5197214 (external link)
I have a Rezo TLZ 20. The 400D with kit lens will fit, maybe even with the lens hood on. (I don't own the hood.) I keep the battery grip on my XTi, and it just barely fits that way. It will not hold a flash as well, but it does have a small front pocket that could hold a spare battery or CF card.

(Currently this bag typically holds my Canon AE-1 with Canon FD 50mm f/1.8 and motor drive.)

This one came to my notice first. But I like the idea of an All Weather Cover to protect the camera.

snails
"I used the last of it to tip the strippers."
1,517 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 30, 2008 11:27 |  #10

Jonta wrote in post #5223747 (external link)
This one came to my notice first. But I like the idea of an All Weather Cover to protect the camera.

The TLZ 20 is designed so that you'd have to be standing in the shower to get water in it. But I guess AW might buy you some piece of mind.

Support this site - donate here

Jonta
THREAD ­ STARTER
540 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 30, 2008 14:20 |  #11

snails wrote in post #5223755 (external link)
The TLZ 20 is designed so that you'd have to be standing in the shower to get water in it. But I guess AW might buy you some piece of mind.

The placebo-effect is of course, a great matter in such cases. Maybe I'll just send an e-mail to Lowepro and ask their opinion.

sponsored links

1,977 views & 0 likes for this thread
What to buy in Lowepro's Rezo-series
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.