Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 13 Feb 2008 (Wednesday) 17:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-=1D Classic Lovers !!!

Billginthekeys
Billy the kid
7,359 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Mar 10, 2012 08:36 |  #6916

There is just something about the pictures that little 4.1mp ccd sensor takes isn't there? I miss mine, even though all my cameras are on paper far better. With the crazy bargain basement prices these things are hitting I will probably buy one again when I see the right deal. It boggles my mind that anyone would go buy a digital rebel when you can pick up one of these pieces of art for $300. Sure it has a long list of shortcomings, since it is old technology, but when you get a great shot with this camera, you know it is because you did everything right.

Mr. the Kid.
Go Canes!
My Gallery (external link)My Gear
what the L. just go for it.

sponsored links
bob ­ reed
43 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Mar 10, 2012 08:38 |  #6917

Billginthekeys wrote in post #14061424 (external link)
There is just something about the pictures that little 4.1mp ccd sensor takes isn't there? I miss mine, even though all my cameras are on paper far better. With the crazy bargain basement prices these things are hitting I will probably buy one again when I see the right deal. It boggles my mind that anyone would go buy a digital rebel when you can pick up one of these pieces of art for $300. Sure it has a long list of shortcomings, since it is old technology, but when you get a great shot with this camera, you know it is because you did everything right.

I think the thing is, people don't know they can get one for that price!

danielpushes
44 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 10, 2012 10:32 |  #6918

I am getting some center point focusing problem...too much miss...maybe it's just me...or my 50 1.4...little more training!

Billginthekeys
Billy the kid
7,359 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Mar 10, 2012 10:58 |  #6919

danielpushes wrote in post #14061921 (external link)
I am getting some center point focusing problem...too much miss...maybe it's just me...or my 50 1.4...little more training!

Are you shooting wide open? What kind of shots and in what lighting? f1.4 is very unforgiving, and the 50 1.4 doesn't have the greatest low light focusing with its micro-USM instead of real ring USM. I found the lens frustrating to use for indoor sports for instance compared to my other lenses.

Mr. the Kid.
Go Canes!
My Gallery (external link)My Gear
what the L. just go for it.

danielpushes
44 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 11, 2012 04:02 |  #6920

yes i think this is the problem...but not having with 5d...little strange
NOw I need your help. The camera didn't come with cd and fiewire cable (like the old one I had) so I can't hook to my mac but with the cable I have I can connect with my father windows xp...I can't seem to make work (I need to change the exif name and tel number that pop up in every photo). Anyone can help? I need the drivers or the old program. I've tried to google it but with no chance. thanks

ekkybedmond
127 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Mar 11, 2012 06:00 |  #6921

danielpushes wrote in post #14065687 (external link)
NOw I need your help. The camera didn't come with cd and fiewire cable (like the old one I had) so I can't hook to my mac but with the cable I have I can connect with my father windows xp...I can't seem to make work (I need to change the exif name and tel number that pop up in every photo). Anyone can help? I need the drivers or the old program. I've tried to google it but with no chance. thanks

What software do you need ?

I think most of it can be downloaded from the Canon website.

Afa downloading pics to your PC of Mac, you might be able to use a card reader

ekkybedmond
127 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Mar 11, 2012 06:05 |  #6922

EOS-100-10-1D wrote in post #13990392 (external link)
Geniune Canon NC-E2 Battery Chargers change hands for about the same as a 1Dc & aftermarket replacements have a poor reputation so only buy a 1Dc compete with the Genuine Charger.

From personnal experience, check that the Firewire Port works. My 1Dc worked fine in all "operational" functions (until I dropped it anyway). As my PC didn't have a Firewire Port it took me a while to get round to connecting it to a PC, which is when I discovered that it didn't work. As a Previous owner had entered his name in the Camera & the way to change it is via Firewire that was a Pain as all of my RAW Shots had his name on them!

The 1Dc uses the Fat16 File system which has an upper limit of 2Gb, 4Gb cards will be formatted in Camera as 2Gb, larger than 4Gb may not work at all. Earlier in this Thread was a guide on how a 4Gb Card could be formatted on a PC to use all it's available capacity, but having extremely limited Computer literacy myself I couldn't make much out of it. If you are Computer Literate look it up!

Formatting to 4GB format isn't that hard. It's harder to "un-format" a 2GB partition on a 4GB or higher card. In XP it doesn't work, had to use my wifes Win7 laptop :-))

Thorrulz
Goldmember
3,778 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 11, 2012 06:24 |  #6923

I think I'll be looking to pick up one of these again in a couple of weeks. I missed the one I had more than I thought.

Flickr (external link)
D800 I Nikon 200 f2 VR 1 I Nikon 200 f2 ED AI-S I Nikon 135 f2 DC I Nikon 28-70 f/2.8 I Nikon 50 f/1.4G I Nikon 85 f/1.8G I Pentax 645D I SMC FA 645 75 F2.8 I SMC FA 645 45-85 F4.5 I SMC FA 645 200 F4
My sister, the professional baker and cake decorator once told me that my camera takes great pics. My reply was that I thought her oven baked great cakes.:lol:

ekkybedmond
127 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Mar 11, 2012 07:26 |  #6924

FCMR wrote in post #12352073 (external link)
Well here she is, my "new" 1D
Purchased as E+ from Adorama with 13K on the shutter
I couldn't be happier

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE
QUOTED IMAGE

which lens is this ..??

bob ­ reed
43 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Mar 11, 2012 09:21 |  #6925

danielpushes wrote in post #14065687 (external link)

All of the software on the Canon site is update only. If you do not have the software installed it does not work. I hunted around the other night and found 1 of my old disks. All you need is a disk from any Canon Camera. To change the data in the camera you need the "Canon Utility" I found the utility instal a number of places for Windows.

goonico
199 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Mar 11, 2012 12:02 |  #6926

IMAGE: http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5978/674a7670.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://imageshack.us …-images/855/674a7670.jp​g/  (external link)

IMAGE: http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2876/674a7776.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://imageshack.us …-images/856/674a7776.jp​g/  (external link)

IMAGE: http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/6670/674a7812.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://imageshack.us …-images/842/674a7812.jp​g/  (external link)

Flickr (external link)
mY bLoG (external link)

goonico
199 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Mar 11, 2012 15:10 |  #6927

IMAGE: http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7961/dpp07dc030b130c42helga.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://imageshack.us …p07dc030b130c42​helga.jpg/  (external link)

Flickr (external link)
mY bLoG (external link)

danielpushes
44 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 12, 2012 02:17 |  #6928

after a long struggle I won...I have changed exif names etc...
Great buy from adorama that 1d looks like new!

THE ­ Phreak
244 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 12, 2012 02:26 |  #6929

danielpushes wrote in post #14070441 (external link)
after a long struggle I won...I have changed exif names etc...
Great buy from adorama that 1d looks like new!

How'd you do it? Do you use Windows or Mac?

1D classic | 50mm 1.8 | 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 270ex flash

danielpushes
44 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 12, 2012 09:51 |  #6930

I've used a windows cause i have the firewire cable of the old 1d mkII and it's 6 pin to 4...and mac is 6 pin like the classic. I've dowloaded the wia drivers for 1d from canon site then the old program (i don't remember the name now, the previous eos utility), it's an update but if you open it with winrar or winzip you will find the program inside. Then I've made the connection...I've tried tried tried until 1d poped up...I don't know why it's so unrelieble to pop up! Anyway setting changed...If you need to know more pm me and from home i tell you which files to download and use

sponsored links

1,213,045 views & 33 likes for this thread
-=1D Classic Lovers !!!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.