Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 13 Feb 2008 (Wednesday) 17:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-=1D Classic Lovers !!!

THE ­ Phreak
244 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jul 17, 2012 16:50 |  #7066

hemmings wrote in post #14721002 (external link)
Just posting this for a laugh.;)
I did the 1D count program to check the actuations when I got my 1D, and just checked now.
The pics speak for themselves...:cool:
I cannot say how accurate the program is, but 6000 plus pics in the year and a bit since I have had the camera makes sense.

What program is that? I bought mine used

1D classic | 50mm 1.8 | 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 270ex flash

sponsored links
hemmings
445 posts
Joined May 2009

Jul 18, 2012 01:40 |  #7067

This is the one I downloaded when I got the 1D.
I hope it's okay to share the url.
If not, it should come up with a Google search.;)
Just open the Raw file -Cr2 , it won't work on the Jpeg as far as I remember.
http://www.foxbat.me.u​k/2.0/index.php#/frees​oftware (external link)

THE Phreak wrote in post #14731064 (external link)
What program is that? I bought mine used

THE ­ Phreak
244 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jul 18, 2012 02:20 |  #7068

hemmings wrote in post #14733078 (external link)
This is the one I downloaded when I got the 1D.
I hope it's okay to share the url.
If not, it should come up with a Google search.;)
Just open the Raw file -Cr2 , it won't work on the Jpeg as far as I remember.
http://www.foxbat.me.u​k/2.0/index.php#/frees​oftware (external link)

Interesting. My camera only shoots in .tiff formats for raw?

1D classic | 50mm 1.8 | 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 270ex flash

Steveod
766 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 18, 2012 04:25 |  #7069

Well my old brick is in the 144000 region as well ,notice though that 1Dmk11 owners get through a lot of shutters compared to the classic where you don't often see a report of a shutter failure.I have seen many 1D bodies go to 200000- 400000 shots without shutter replacement, they normally appear to die from a LCD failure or a circuit board going fizz . And yes Phreak the 1D classic RAW shots are called tiff files for some unknown reason ,anyone know why ?

Steveod:shock: 1D Classic,1Ds, 400D. EOS-1n, EOS-5 Minolta Autocord,Yashica-A,Yashica-mat 66 Yashica-mat 124G ,Rolleicord IV & VB ,Mamiya C3,Mamiya C33, and a heap of other gear I keep collecting and collecting,Hi I am Steve and I am a photoholic http://www.flickr.com/​photos/steveod2007/ (external link)

barronchung
200 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jul 18, 2012 09:14 |  #7070

Virto wrote in post #14691817 (external link)
While I agree with you, and have dabbled with plenty of batteries and charger setups from my long and expensive days in RC (who'd have thought I'd wind up with a MORE expensive hobby...) so I'm perfectly aware of the things you can accomplish if you're willing to tinker.

The real issue is that not everyone is willing to take the same steps. For them, it's best to look for a kit with the factory charger in good nick.

Well so much for my idea.. kay188 just borrowed that RC charger and couldn't get the battery clips to fit on a Canon OEM battery. It fits fine on ebay knockoff batteries but he said the negative battery terminal on the Canon OEM was too recessed to get it to clip on so he has to make a battery tray to get it to work. Oh well, that would complicate things even more and to your point, not everyone is willing to take the same steps.

Some bodies, some lenses, and that's all I'll list in case the wife sees this. ;)

Virto
Goldmember
1,647 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jul 18, 2012 09:50 |  #7071

Steveod wrote in post #14733400 (external link)
Well my old brick is in the 144000 region as well ,notice though that 1Dmk11 owners get through a lot of shutters compared to the classic where you don't often see a report of a shutter failure.I have seen many 1D bodies go to 200000- 400000 shots without shutter replacement, they normally appear to die from a LCD failure or a circuit board going fizz . And yes Phreak the 1D classic RAW shots are called tiff files for some unknown reason ,anyone know why ?

I'm not *entirely* sure, but I have heard that the 1DC uses a sensor shutter versus a physical shutter (ie, turning the sensor on and off rather than moving blades across it) which would lead to their longevity.

I think the mirror box and actuators would fail before the sensor would, although there are always variances in these kinds of numbers.

As for TIFF vs CR2, it's just what Canon chose to do. Does anyone know if the D30 and D60 shot TIFF as well? The 10D may be the first Canon DSLR to use CR2.

Kelly - EOS 5D - EOS 40D - Rebel XS - EOS 10D - EOS 1D - SX230 - AE-1 - OM-1n - Minolta Himatic7 - EOS-1N
ABR800 - Several flashes, remote triggers, stands, too many and yet not enough lenses

barronchung
200 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jul 18, 2012 10:40 |  #7072

Virto wrote in post #14734463 (external link)
I'm not *entirely* sure, but I have heard that the 1DC uses a sensor shutter versus a physical shutter (ie, turning the sensor on and off rather than moving blades across it) which would lead to their longevity.

I thought there was a physical shutter, but just that above a certain speed (1/250??) it uses an electronic shutter to capture just a "slice" in time so the physical shutter doesn't have to move at that speed. I could be wrong.

Virto wrote in post #14734463 (external link)
Does anyone know if the D30 and D60 shot TIFF as well? The 10D may be the first Canon DSLR to use CR2.

The D30 uses CRW and TIFF, I believe that CR2 was the second version of that (i.e., "Canon Raw format 2"?).

Some bodies, some lenses, and that's all I'll list in case the wife sees this. ;)

Virto
Goldmember
1,647 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jul 18, 2012 11:13 |  #7073

According to the manual, you're right.

"electronic shutter with the CCD sensor and vertical-travel focal plane shutter with all speeds electronically controlled."

Kelly - EOS 5D - EOS 40D - Rebel XS - EOS 10D - EOS 1D - SX230 - AE-1 - OM-1n - Minolta Himatic7 - EOS-1N
ABR800 - Several flashes, remote triggers, stands, too many and yet not enough lenses

Steveod
766 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 18, 2012 19:47 |  #7074

Virto wrote in post #14734839 (external link)
According to the manual, you're right.

"electronic shutter with the CCD sensor and vertical-travel focal plane shutter with all speeds electronically controlled."

Well there we have an answer ,thought there was a good reason the shutters o the classic don't seem to give probelms makes more sense to turn the CCD on and off than try to tigger a mechanical shutter at 1/ 16000 of a secound.

Steveod:shock: 1D Classic,1Ds, 400D. EOS-1n, EOS-5 Minolta Autocord,Yashica-A,Yashica-mat 66 Yashica-mat 124G ,Rolleicord IV & VB ,Mamiya C3,Mamiya C33, and a heap of other gear I keep collecting and collecting,Hi I am Steve and I am a photoholic http://www.flickr.com/​photos/steveod2007/ (external link)

thomas.dang
20 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 20, 2012 16:37 as a reply to  @ post 13019556 |  #7075

New to this thread but I've had the 1dc for like 6 months and i love it.
Heres some shots with the 1dc and nifty fifty.
1/25 shutter iso400 and it was at f/1.8

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7211/7173924565_95217db9a0_z.jpg
1/15 shutter iso400 and at f/1.8(this was a candid, i dont know why he looks so awkward) lol
IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8164/7183830274_578ae0b528_c.jpg

Canon Rebel Xt w/ kit lens
Canon 1D Classic
canon 50mm 1.8

inwardheel
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jul 23, 2012 20:49 as a reply to  @ thomas.dang's post |  #7076

hey, first post on this forum! Just got my 1d yesterday.....

and was wondering if anyone with 1dcount or some other software could check my shutter count? do i email a file???

The camera was BGN from keh and ive been using the RC charger someone else mentioned on this thread. It works great BTW.

Virto
Goldmember
1,647 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jul 23, 2012 20:59 |  #7077

inwardheel wrote in post #14759794 (external link)
hey, first post on this forum! Just got my 1d yesterday.....

and was wondering if anyone with 1dcount or some other software could check my shutter count? do i email a file???

The camera was BGN from keh and ive been using the RC charger someone else mentioned on this thread. It works great BTW.

My cam was also a BGN from KEH and boy does it look like it, but it works flawlessly. Now that KEH gives a 6-month warranty on all purchases, you've got a heck of a nice camera.

If you want to email me a file you can. PM me for an addy.

EDIT: Or click my name and select "send email" Remember to send an unedited file.

barronchung
200 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jul 24, 2012 08:34 |  #7078

inwardheel wrote in post #14759794 (external link)

That was me who mentioned the RC charger a couple pages back. Are you using it on a Canon battery or an aftermarket one? The reason I ask is I lent my charger to a friend to cycle his 1D batteries and he couldn't get his Canon battery clipped on (I only have aftermarket batteries, and never had a problem). If you used it on a Canon battery, how did you clip it on??

inwardheel
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jul 24, 2012 11:43 as a reply to  @ barronchung's post |  #7079

No i'm using the ebay battery. Its working great but im not sure if its discharging properly.

My 1d actually looks pretty good for being bargain. i tried to use photoshop to check my shutter count and it said 1,500 something i know that cant be right.

barronchung
200 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jul 24, 2012 12:15 |  #7080

inwardheel wrote in post #14762530 (external link)
No i'm using the ebay battery. Its working great but im not sure if its discharging properly.

What do you mean not discharging properly? Do you use it to auto cycle your battery? I ran a few cycles when I got a new battery, in fact I had it do 3 times automatically, and it gave me the discharge and charge stats so I knew the capacity was improving...

inwardheel wrote in post #14762530 (external link)
My 1d actually looks pretty good for being bargain. i tried to use photoshop to check my shutter count and it said 1,500 something i know that cant be right.

Not sure if photoshop would have the shutter count, did you try one of those online shutter count sites? Something like this (I don't know if it works, but it came up first when I googled it):
http://shuttercounter.​com/ (external link)

I tried one of them when I got my 1dc and it seemed to work.

sponsored links

1,213,508 views & 33 likes for this thread
-=1D Classic Lovers !!!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.