Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 13 Feb 2008 (Wednesday) 23:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

WooHoo, I'm on TV

Citizensmith
Cream of the Crop
6,386 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2004

Feb 13, 2008 23:34 |  #1

I've been helping pull together a 'commercial' for public TV (KVIE specifically) and its finally airing. About half the photos are mine, I'll need to go back and recheck the count. Anyway, not sure when its supposed to be on as the public affairs guy is on vacation, but if you are in the KVIE broadcast area and you happen to see a sponsorship slot for URS Corporation, thats mine.

:)

When I'm back in the office I'll post the photos of mine that got selected.

My POTN Gallery, Complete gear list,
Tradition - Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

sponsored links
Moppie
14,840 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2004

Feb 14, 2008 01:37 |  #2

Cool, did you manage to sneak POTN in there somewhere as well :)

flickr (external link)

Have you Calibrated your Monkey lately?

Grace
something cute
7,629 posts
Joined May 2006

Feb 14, 2008 07:57 |  #3

awesome! :)

- Grace -

Citizensmith
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,386 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Feb 14, 2008 08:26 |  #4

Moppie wrote in post #4915450 (external link)
Cool, did you manage to sneak POTN in there somewhere as well :)

Unfortunately I couldn't persuade them why shots of ducks and POTN camera straps were part of the company message.

Tradition - Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

fireman93514
498 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Feb 14, 2008 09:19 |  #5

congrats!

30D,l XT with grip,l 24-105L 1:4 IS,l 100-400L 4.5-5.6 IS,l 18-55 3.5-5.6, l 75-300 4-5.6,l 580EX flash,l various assorted filters, tripod, etc.

Citizensmith
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,386 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Feb 14, 2008 11:23 |  #6

Here are the photos of mine that got selected. There was some cropping and correction done by the KVIE folks but these are basically it. The construction shot here was construction of what was (at the time at least) the worlds largest free standing aluminum frame tent. The second shot is more of the SMUD V90s down near Rio Vista.

Oh yeah, and this first photo was taken with the wholesome 2.0mpxl goodness of a Canon Powershot A20. :)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

Citizensmith
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,386 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Feb 14, 2008 11:26 |  #7

A couple of shots of folks working. Not the greatest photos, but they served a need. :) The crawdad traps we were using (in the second photo) had the most disgusting smelling bait, but it worked, we caught all we needed.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Citizensmith
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,386 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Feb 14, 2008 11:28 |  #8

And lastly, one of the mud-rotary rigs we had on site installing some new extraction wells.

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links

1,163 views & 0 likes for this thread
WooHoo, I'm on TV
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.