Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 22 Feb 2008 (Friday) 16:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-=1D Mk II and Mk IIn Owners Unite!

this thread is locked
TheAnt
Goldmember
1,391 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2010

Jan 06, 2011 09:55 |  #8506

Jericobot wrote in post #11583818 (external link)
wow. what?

that is dope though, I might give it a whirl

See: http://www.rmphotograp​hynow.com/2009/11/430e​x-ii-mod.html (external link)

6D EF 24-70 MkI - Σ 50 mm 1.4 - Σ 15mm 2.8 Fishie - 430EX II - AlienBees -
Website (external link) | Insta (external link) | 500px (external link)

sponsored links
wernersl
Goldmember
1,944 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jan 06, 2011 11:49 |  #8507

BV1DMKIIn wrote in post #11525332 (external link)
Thanks! I see it compares quite well!

Cute subject you've got there!

As much as I like my Tamron 28-75, I'll have to consider that Tamron!

Thanks man. its a fun little lens. wouldnt be one that i left on the camera at all times or anything, but has its purpose. pretty damn sharp and even though the focus is loud it is pretty quick. able to keep up in servo with moving kids. only drawback is a weakness i noticed in low light, outter focus points especially around the 35mm range of that lens. hunts a lot in those situations. just learn its limitations and all is well.

Shawn l Gear
Mamarazzi Photography (external link)
Wife owns the biz...I just shoot the weddings!

tophotowa
258 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 06, 2011 20:14 |  #8508

Got bored and set this up. Speed light/umbrella infront of the glasses, speed light under the table bouncing off the wall, and a normal house lamp bouncing off the same wall. 1dmk2 w/ 17-40L

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5244/5332006694_9e10b9ea2c_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …llphotography/5​332006694/  (external link)

Flickr (external link) || Feedback
www.taoconnell.com (external link)
C&C are always welcomed!

surfervato
103 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Jan 06, 2011 23:07 |  #8509

self portrait

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5287/5331758359_fb2465d6fb_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/56750840@N03/5​331758359/  (external link)
rain (external link) by fotography87 (external link), on Flickr

- - - - - - - -
www.watchyostep.com (external link)
- - - - - - - -

steguis
704 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jan 06, 2011 23:12 as a reply to  @ surfervato's post |  #8510

tophotowa, that's a cool concept!

Hi, my name is Steve | Flickr (external link)
5D2 | 1D MKII | T2i | 17-40L | 85 1.8 | 24-70L |70-200 2.8L IS

Jericobot
Cream of the Crop
5,128 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 07, 2011 03:05 |  #8511

steguis wrote in post #11589563 (external link)
tophotowa, that's a cool concept!

Double agree

α7ii + (batis 25 f2 / zeiss 55 f1,8 / macro 90 f2,8)
♥ ♦ ♣ ♠

btmlinedan
Goldmember
1,559 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jan 07, 2011 10:06 |  #8512

the last and final pictures of my ex....sigh...

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Nataly Silva (external link) by btmlinedan (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Nataly Silva (external link) by btmlinedan (external link), on Flickr

*dan l *Flickr (external link) l *cars: dkfx Photography (external link) l weddings: Blue Martini Photography (external link) l YN622C tranceiver review (external link)

decoconnas
102 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jan 07, 2011 10:20 as a reply to  @ btmlinedan's post |  #8513

I am thinking about a 1d body because I really like taking pics in bad weather (snow, rain). There is only so much that my rebel will put up with, though so far it's been pretty good, I haven't really exposed it as much as I'd like to. The most I can afford is a 1d mark ii, maybe mark ii n if I stretch my budget. I'll also need a lens but that's another topic.

My questions are these. Thanks in advance for any replies.

First, is lack of the sensor cleaning feature a problem? (at least I don't think these bodies have it.). How hard is it to clean a sensor, and what are the chances that I'll damage it duringthe cleaning?

Second, assuming I don't need the camera for sports, is there a reason to go with mark ii n over mark ii?

Current: Canon 50 F1.4; Canon 100L F2.8 Macro (2 lenses, no bodies :confused:)
Sold: Canon T1i, Canon 17-55, Canon 70-200L F4; Tokina 11-16; Tamron 17-50; Canon 17-85
Wishlist: FF

george ­ m ­ w
Goldmember
4,022 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 07, 2011 10:20 |  #8514

the last and final pictures of my ex....sigh...

Dan,
Nice shots. Both of them, but I especially like the second. Moody look to the sky, and the inclusion of the centerline of the road works better with the fact you have her feet in the photo. Nice use of the centerline element coming to the point of interest. My eye went from the sky down the line to her foot, then up to her face. Pretty girl. ( looks high maintenance.... LOL ! ).

regards, george w

"It's also obvious that people determined to solve user error with more expensive equipment will graduate to expensive user error."
Dave N.

george ­ m ­ w
Goldmember
4,022 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 07, 2011 10:26 |  #8515

First, is lack of the sensor cleaning feature a problem? (at least I don't think these bodies have it.). How hard is it to clean a sensor, and what are the chances that I'll damage it duringthe cleaning?

Second, assuming I don't need the camera for sports, is there a reason to go with mark ii n over mark ii?

Lack of sensor cleaning didn't mean anything to me. Cleaning the sensor in these cameras is not difficult. After you do it once, you will see it's not big deal. Just follow the steps and do it correctly, and you will see that the general fear surrounding it is largely overblown.

The added features on the "N" were not worth it to me considering the extra cost, so I have regular Mk2's. Read the tests of them and decide for yourself whether it's worth it to you personally. DP Review is a good place to research the specs and differences.

In today's market, I consider this model to be the current "bargain in DSLR's"

regards, george w

"It's also obvious that people determined to solve user error with more expensive equipment will graduate to expensive user error."
Dave N.

tophotowa
258 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 07, 2011 10:38 |  #8516

Sorry if this is a newbish question, but how do you post images from flicker so it links back to them when you click them?

C&C are always welcomed!

steguis
704 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jan 07, 2011 10:43 as a reply to  @ tophotowa's post |  #8517

Tophotowa...you insert the image as you normally would, then you highlight all the text including the IMG tags inserted by the bulletin board, the clock on the globe with the link icon on it to specificy the target URL.

Hi, my name is Steve | Flickr (external link)
5D2 | 1D MKII | T2i | 17-40L | 85 1.8 | 24-70L |70-200 2.8L IS

ryon
164 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Jan 07, 2011 10:48 |  #8518

Can anyone recommend what I should look for specifically when buying a used MK2?
I know the shutter is rated at 250K, so thats something to watch, but what else?

Im trying to get one for a resonable price to replace my 20D

Thanks guys

|Nikon D700| 24-70 2.8G | Sigma 50 1.4 |SB-800|
and a bunch of Strobes

tophotowa
258 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 07, 2011 10:50 |  #8519

Thanks steguis

C&C are always welcomed!

george ­ m ­ w
Goldmember
4,022 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 07, 2011 10:56 |  #8520

Can anyone recommend what I should look for specifically when buying a used MK2?
I know the shutter is rated at 250K, so thats something to watch, but what else?

Just choose one at a good price and go for it. In spite of what many may tell say, you really have no reliable way of knowing what the true shutter count is, unless you ( or someone you trust ) bought it new and kept track of it. It's fun to do things like look at the file with the apps that purport to tell you the count....but I wouldn't consider it to be more then entertainment value.
I recently got one of my 1DMk2 serviced, and I specifically asked them to give me the shutter count. It was noted on the work order when I got it back....and they still did not give me the number. So much for that !
Don't worry about it really. If you buy it at a reasonable cost, then you can always justify spending some money on repairs if it comes up. Or, if you buy from someone like KEH or Adorama, you can buy a mack warranty if you're into that kind of idea.
There is also a very good possibility that it will function just fine and not need service during the time you own it.

regards, george w

Dave N.

sponsored links

1,349,938 views & 0 likes for this thread
-=1D Mk II and Mk IIn Owners Unite!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.