Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 24 Feb 2008 (Sunday) 01:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Results from Baby photos

Zvon
102 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 24, 2008 01:33 |  #1

So a few weeks ago I posted a topic asking for baby photo tips (https://photography-on-the.net …hread.php?t=452​537&page=2)

I think those tips helped out a lot! I was able to come up with some great images that I think the parents will love. I used only natural light and a few props to get the kids to be hyper. The 3 children are 6 mo old, 2 and 3 years old. It was a blast and I gotta say the kids had a great time with it too! Bubbles were a huge success when i brought those out :)

Enjoy some of my favorites, C&C is more then welcome. (sorry about the watermark I know it's annoying it's a temporary one for now.)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links
Zvon
THREAD ­ STARTER
102 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 24, 2008 01:39 |  #2

and a few more...

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

HeatherSik
Goldmember
3,434 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Feb 24, 2008 07:40 |  #3

Nice work.. I love the 1st one.. :) The 2nd one is really nice. if you have the ability to re-crop this I would move the crop to the left a tad so that her eye is not cropped off in the middle.. That is a nice photo also..

The 3rd one is really cute but I wish your angle was a little more to the left.. So that you could see him kissing her cheek.. Nice work regardless on this photo.. :)

The 4th one is very nice also. I wish you got down to their level though. But that is personal preference.. :)

Nice job over all.. The parents will be happy.. Thanks for sharing. :)

Heather S.
"We look at the world and see what we have learned to believe is there. We have been conditioned to expect... but, as photographers, we must learn to relax our beliefs.
Links: Website (external link)| Blog (external link)

CanonPhoto87
303 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 24, 2008 07:42 |  #4

Nice Photos.. But it looks like you missed the focus on the eyes in the first two images, I think focus on the eyes is key in portraits.

www.myspace.com/slonsk​iphotography (external link)
Gripped Canon Digital Rebel XT (350D), Canon Speedlite 430EX, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon EF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 II, Tamron 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6, Canon 500D Close Up Filter, Macro Reversing Ring.......

photorookie
460 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 24, 2008 08:33 as a reply to  @ CanonPhoto87's post |  #5

The first is my favorite. Agree on the second, if possible adjust the crop off of her eye a bit, but it is a good shot as well.

Zvon
THREAD ­ STARTER
102 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 24, 2008 10:04 |  #6

Thanks for the comments,

I agree that the focus and crop is off on the second one, thankfully I do have one that is very similar with both being fixed :) I'll have to work on these things more next time, ah photography always a learning process and never perfect :)

I also did get down to their level on a bunch of shots which turned out great - but for some reason I like this one with the "arial" view :)

mson
697 posts
Joined Mar 2004

Feb 24, 2008 10:53 |  #7

The poses/expressions on the first two are great but they look a bit OOF (esp the second one). I would also zoom out a little on the second one so you see more of her face. Was the fourth shot a candid? If not the background is distracting, next time move the toys pillows. You've got some nice shots there!

--Mike--
Critique with ruthless compassion
Canon 20D | 24-70 f/2.8L | 70-200 f/2.8L IS | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | 430EX | 055XPROB/488RC2

Zvon
THREAD ­ STARTER
102 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 24, 2008 12:08 |  #8

the 4th shot was a candid, I just asked the father to blow bubbles for the kids and I would just take shots of them playing - I had no idea how crazy they would go for bubbles haha It was quite entertaining.

sponsored links

960 views & 0 likes for this thread
Results from Baby photos
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.