CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED!
Thank you everyone, I spent endless hours staring at your photos, I had no idea that it would be this challenging. Everyone did it, everyone satisfied the request and I love where all of your vision took you, a totally new experience for me. Thank you!
Third Place: PING by drpino, I love the color but mostly I'm attracted by the way the image seems to move into frame wandering like boats on a river from the top left, cross the frame and then turns back to leave out the lower left. I looked a this over and over for about three days before it dawned upon me what it was, and I used to play with PING's!
Second Place: Throne of Ancient Chinese Emperor, by jesseli- simply a beautiful photograph but what I really love is the way you let the light bloom through the windows, giving it even more of the third dimension, depth, within a two dimensional format. Overall just beautiful.
First Place: The House of Endlessly Repeated Days by teekay-this photo just made me stare, it was the hard repetition of lines and forms, both ends of the contrast spectrum demanding attention, the image seeming to recede back to the beginning by going from right to left, the slight tilt back in the same direction, and there amongst all of this planning and attention to order, is the random patterning of peeling paint, of neglect. So many stories could be invented from this one photograph, intensely powerful!
Challenge #160 - Subject: Multiples and Repeats, anything that is a line up of anything or pattern of repeats, multiples whether in camera or in post production, you can really stretch on this one, challenge all of our thinking and have fun.
To submit, click "Post Reply" and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, March 3, 2008
1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera (G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, G7, G9) or Pro 1 only.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be EXACTLY 800 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
* One photo per photographer in each challenge.
* Photo Title in the message subject line.
* Camera model.
* EXIF data, if you like.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging" (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.